U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2010, 09:49 PM

141 posts, read 144,310 times

Advertisements

95% of Arkansas, Oklahoma, Idaho, West Virginia, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Louisiana are scary hillbilly.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,314,539 times
At times, Port Norris NJ makes this list

Old 03-31-2010, 11:15 PM

12,994 posts, read 17,117,737 times
There are only two places where I've ever felt uncomfortable.

Bolivar, PA - Because it's located in Westmoreland County, it's officially part of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area, but there's absolutely nothing metropolitan about it. It's basically a carbuncle on the Conemaugh River with a few hundred residents, and only one road running through it. It's in the far northeastern section of the county, which means that it's separated from civilization by a mountain range. As I drove through the town, I remember the stares from at least three groups of people standing around outside. As I left the town, I noticed that somebody had spray-painted on a wall, "**** YOU TRASHY BOLIVAR HICKS!"

Beaverdam, AZ - This place was like a little slice of Twilight Zone right off I-15 where it nicks the extreme northwestern corner of Arizona. If you want to find an enclave of Mexican hicks, stop by this overgrown trailer park in the middle of nowhere. I stopped there to pump some gas, and after I paid, the owner of the store told me in broken English, "OK, you need to leave now!" He, his wife, and all the other customers basically stared me out the door, even though I never even said anything to anybody there. At least the nearby Virgin River Gorge was a sight to see, and I got to know a hot, intelligent waitress in St. George, UT.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:09 PM

1,048 posts, read 2,083,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Go to Jolo West Virginia. Its a dot on a map, blink and your through it. Most of its inhabitants don't work, alot are on disability from the coal mines, trailors a few shacks, the creek that flows along side the road is full of garbage, old car batteries and several people have streight pipes that pour raw sewage directly into the creek. Birth defects have touched about every family in this close knit community, Hatfields, Vances and Mullens are well known names. This crime ridden town has the bragging rights to a seperate insurace classification with adjusted rates because of the amount of arson cases. The movie Deliverance looks like a Disney version.
Dude. Jolo has one of those Church of God with sign and following churches (don't know if I'm even saying it correctly).. Very strange. . Read about it. Freaky eekie.

Church of God with Signs Following - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-02-2010, 07:30 AM

My buddy said he went on a motorcyle ride through some back countries in the Arkansas area. Some pretty sketchy back roads many of them gravel. He said he was kind of lost. But in anycase on one of the roads a few guys walked into the middle of the highway one carrying a shovel, the other a pick axe, and the other guy something else? They looked really dirty and grimey, nasty overhauls, looked like they just stumbled out of a horror movie. My friend slowed down and they started running at him, so he just took off.

I want to know where there are places like that? Where a few dudes like that stand by the highway and try to take out anyone that comes across their area. Where the pick axe and shovel are the weapons and those guys are the police..

Old 04-02-2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Visit Omaha????
There are some winners here, but more so in Council Bluffs, or Carter Lake. If you look on a map they messed with the Iowa/Nebraska border to make sure that Eppley Airfield stayed in Nebraska and Carter Lake stayed in Iowa.

Omaha is a pretty normal mid-sized city I think.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 PM

2,349 posts, read 9,494,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheaton View Post
They looked really dirty and grimey, nasty overhauls, looked like they just stumbled out of a horror movie. My friend slowed down and they started running at him, so he just took off.
They was jest huntin' up some of that thar ginsing yu know?

Old 04-02-2010, 02:57 PM

871 posts, read 1,902,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippienne View Post
I find it hilarious what some people find to be terrifying! Rednecks in Chevys! Oh no! Sweet God, did they have mullets, too? Will the terror never cease?
couldnt have put that any better

Old 04-12-2010, 11:04 AM

521 posts, read 1,115,221 times
a lot of towns in East Texas...

Jasper, for one. A black man got dragged behind a truck by multiple white guys and basically tortured him and killed him. In 21st century. A few years ago.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:58 PM

8,575 posts, read 13,455,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a75206 View Post
a lot of towns in East Texas...

Jasper, for one. A black man got dragged behind a truck by multiple white guys and basically tortured him and killed him. In 21st century. A few years ago.
Texas is one of the worst racial hatred states in the Nation, once you get out of the big cities. East Texas is far worse than West Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or