U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2012, 09:59 AM

4,245 posts, read 5,965,663 times

Advertisements

Scary Hillbilly Town = East Side of Dayton Ohio.

Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,643,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elainebenes View Post
I've always been a little fascinated about the idea that there are these incredibly secluded towns in the hills of Tennessee, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Towns where people are possibly inbred and choose to keep to themselves and out of mainstream America. Trust me- i'm not making fun of any of these states, simply using the state names that most commonly come up when discussing this matter.

Are there people who live near places like this where it's best not to get too deep into the woods because of the people who live there? Anybody have some good stories to tell? Has my mind been warped by movies such as Deliverance and Wrong Turn?

Just wondering.
Defined redneck and hillbilly.

I have come across many people you so called hillbilly lots of guns they hunt and fish ,don't look after house , really messy and dirty their house , hate city and dress in cowboy boots and country look.
This what I call hillbilly most them live in woods or country.

The underclass is more your criminal type normally may fight ,steal ,DUI and do drugs so on don't look after house , really messy and dirty their house and really poor .

The redneck is more your racist and hardcore conservative and love the way things where in old days they can be lower or middle income.

The ghetto type would be more your city type wannabe thugs and urban type.

To me this guy more underclass than hillbilly.

Steve the Lawn Mower Guy's Domestic Arrest Video 3 - YouTube

Steves Riding Lawn Mower DUI Taser Arrest Video 2 - YouTube

Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM

14,111 posts, read 22,689,461 times
Vidor TX.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 AM

266 posts, read 334,351 times
I'd say anywhere in Appalachia. Not only are they in the middle of nowhere but they're in the mountains too. The whole area of S West Virginia, E Kentucky, SW Virginia, E Tennessee and W North Carolina have some really isolated small villages in the mountains that are almost impossible to find. There are some abandon towns there too like Thurmond, West Virginia.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM

3,067 posts, read 5,429,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYMTman View Post
Colorado City, AZ hands down.
This!!!

I drove through there once while exploring the area north of the Grand Canyon. That is a creepy, creepy place.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 PM

862 posts, read 1,211,445 times
There was a little town I went through once with my parents and my brother eight years in Tennessee up in the Appalachian mountains that was really spooky. I remember the road to this town was real long, it was also real dark and there weren't any lamps. It scared the bejesus out of me. Still sends shivers down my spine to think about it.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:10 AM

631 posts, read 1,065,553 times
I hate to say this, but I couldn't wait to get out of Gettysburg PA. The battlefield was cool, but the town was so depressing. Not creepy, but depressing.

Creepiest town I ever went to was some place near Beckley, West Virginia (which isn't so great either). It was full of those run down old row houses that I've seen a lot of in West Virginia. Some of the buildings looked like businesses but the only one that appeared open had "XXX" on the sign. Every vehicle was an old pick up truck. Everybody had a mullet, except for some neo nazis I saw at a convenience store. And yes, they were neo nazis. It was a father and his kids with shaved heads, white power t shirts, and a truck with a nazi flag. The whole town was horrible.

Georgia has plenty of creepy little towns, but none as bad as that s far as I can remember.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:54 AM

5,655 posts, read 8,706,691 times
Countryfisher - I'm curious what town you are refering to - I don't know of any small towns way up inthe smoky mountains - they are mostly in the valleys. Do you remember where you started your dirve? There are some towns up in the Cumberland plateau towards the center of the state, could that have been it?

Workaholics, you prbably encountered an old coal camp.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM

4,453 posts, read 3,730,370 times
Default Maybe this

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan83 View Post
This!!!

I drove through there once while exploring the area north of the Grand Canyon. That is a creepy, creepy place.
had something to do with it...maybe not.

Arizona placing foster children in polygamist enclave of Colorado City; Supervisor concerned
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS January 12, 2013 - 1:56 pm EST

Arizona placing foster children in polygamist enclave of Colorado City; Supervisor concerned

Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,802,841 times
hillbillies can be found everywhere. You can find them in rural california all the way to maine. You can find them almost anywhere in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or