Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Charleston, SC vs Tacoma, WA
Charleston, SC 16 53.33%
Tacoma, WA 14 46.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 05:28 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,912,806 times

Advertisements

When you add North Charleston & Charleston, SC together you get a population of 232,000 vs. Tacoma's 204,000 so I'm guessing as long as you stick to just the cities this verses makes sense.

1. Cost of living & quality of life.
2. Crime (specifically North Charleston vs. Tacoma).
3. Nightlife
4. Amenities/Nature
5. Weather
6. Overall feel by size of the city.
7. Other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 06:41 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,381,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Port Pitt Ash View Post
When you add North Charleston & Charleston, SC together you get a population of 232,000 vs. Tacoma's 204,000 so I'm guessing as long as you stick to just the cities this verses makes sense.

1. Cost of living & quality of life.
2. Crime (specifically North Charleston vs. Tacoma).
3. Nightlife
4. Amenities/Nature
5. Weather
6. Overall feel by size of the city.
7. Other
This is very subjective. Im my personal opinion i prefer Charleston.
1- Charleston is way cheaper
2-I felt pretty safe in both cities
3-Charleston: Gorgeous and friendly girls, plus tons of bars and restaurants
4-Tacoma rains and it's cloudy most of the time...Charleston is hot and humid... If you can bare the summer you will love Charleston weather. Tacoma is just too depressing to me.
5- Charleston

Old 11-11-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
1- Charleston is way cheaper
Really? Everything online puts them within less than 10% of each other.

Also figured this would be a good match up since they are both cities with a military presence.

Last edited by Port Pitt Ash; 11-11-2015 at 03:45 PM..

Old 11-11-2015, 05:42 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
I don't think Charleston is "way cheaper". Are we really comparing the City of Charleston with the City of Tacoma?

I would wager that anything non-ghetto in the City of Charleston is pretty expensive.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I don't think Charleston is "way cheaper". Are we really comparing the City of Charleston with the City of Tacoma?

I would wager that anything non-ghetto in the City of Charleston is pretty expensive.
Charleston overall seems to be more costly with N. Charleston being cheaper than Tacoma. I figure when it's averaged out you're probably looking at very similar costs overall.

My guess is the other poster doesn't know Tacoma very well.

Bars and restaurants seem to be pretty close (in number) at least on paper.

As far as that goes (on paper) N. Charleston and Tacoma crime levels look similar, but I personally wouldn't know beyond having spent time in N. Charleston as to just how not dangerous it was. Charleston seems to have more when you add the Charleston stats to N. Charleston as well. Tacoma has a reputation for crime in the past however.

When talking attractive women, yeah, I noticed you have that with the white girls in Charleston and some of the black girls, but the rest of the spectrum is underrepresented. Tacoma seems to have a disproportionate number of your typical blah white girls who don't believe in looking good (equating it to being shallow), but is fairly diverse with lookers represented in all other areas. Again seems close to me.

Assuming Tacoma's weather is basically the same as Seattle's weather then you'd have 9 months of decent weather and 3 months that aren't great. Sounds like nearly the same as Charleston, but only with the 3 rough months being the summer with its heat+humidity.

Charleston has usable beaches. Tacoma the sound (beaches with a view more so than swimming) and a mountain.

Biggest difference is probably people have heard of Charleston and haven't when it comes to Tacoma.

Any military folks care to weigh in on these two military towns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City