U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you prefer to live in the most?
North Carolina 154 47.98%
New York 167 52.02%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 04:00 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,075,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
son, this is the last time i'ma even respond to you. i'm putting you on ignore after this.

in every post that refers to nc vs va that i have made i have made sure to put IMO, personally, i feel that, etc.

i went back and checked. so if you take something out of that that is not there and/or failed to read that part and just skimmed posts then thats on you.

either way, this is ridiculous. i'm done responding to you.
LOL, and like I said, you can say "IMO, personally, I feel that," etc. and still be dead wrong just like you were.

Oh, and I'm not your "son," believe that. My dad doesn't say silly ish like the statements you made in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 05:58 PM

8 posts, read 20,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
The problem is that this example is vastly different from what you actually said. There's no objective criteria for determining if trees in one state look better than those in another state (except for maybe if almost all the trees in one state were dead or something, which is an extremely unlikely scenario); that's totally subjective. But you said that NoVA offers more than NC, which is a statement that can be objectively verified or disproved. Given that we were talking about things like sports teams and such, the fact of the matter is that your statement was inaccurate. Tacking on "just my opinion" at the end doesn't change that fact and doesn't actually make your statement an opinion. You were just flat-out wrong, end of story.
I have read all nine pages for this thread, and can I just say something? Saying that NoVa offers more IS in fact an opinion because it may offer things that one person may like over another. It depends on what THEY like to do. That state may offer more of what HE likes. For example, I feel that New York offers more for ME in terms of what I want and like. NoVa may offer more of what Eek likes, so it is an opinion.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:04 PM

2,742 posts, read 5,933,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Apparently this is a pretty even comparison. Both states have a lot to offer.
Its even because almost half of NC's population are now NY transplants, last person out, turn the light off....I kid

Old 04-28-2011, 02:50 AM

1,083 posts, read 1,892,178 times
I voted NY, but I'm thinking neither would be for me. NC is a lot more expensive than people think. NYC is great if you make a million dollars a year. I'll pass on either. Give me Maryland.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:08 AM

2,742 posts, read 5,933,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
I voted NY, but I'm thinking neither would be for me. NC is a lot more expensive than people think. NYC is great if you make a million dollars a year. I'll pass on either. Give me Maryland.
Maryland? Where in Maryland? You must mean the boonies in Maryland. Because Maryland would be a more expensive place to live than NC.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:28 AM

908 posts, read 1,539,980 times
New York, the South does not appeal to me.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:58 PM

54,553 posts, read 78,079,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Maryland? Where in Maryland? You must mean the boonies in Maryland. Because Maryland would be a more expensive place to live than NC.
and Upstate NY. Actually, cost of living is roughly the same between Upstate NY and NC.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:03 PM

7,848 posts, read 18,030,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
and Upstate NY. Actually, cost of living is roughly the same between Upstate NY and NC.
I don't think that NC has an across-the-board cost of living. It varies between regions and urban vs rural.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 PM

54,553 posts, read 78,079,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I don't think that NC has an across-the-board cost of living. It varies between regions and urban vs rural.
I know and that's how it is here too. Even in the same town, school district, etc. you can see some variation in that regard. For instance, in the suburban school district I live in, you can find homes that range from $60-400,000, give or take. Crime isn't much of an issue in the more affordable areas either.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 AM

8,190 posts, read 12,075,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSt.Claire View Post
I have read all nine pages for this thread, and can I just say something? Saying that NoVa offers more IS in fact an opinion because it may offer things that one person may like over another. It depends on what THEY like to do. That state may offer more of what HE likes. For example, I feel that New York offers more for ME in terms of what I want and like. NoVa may offer more of what Eek likes, so it is an opinion.
But the problem is that he did not add that caveat. He was speaking in absolute, flat-out terms and even one thing he did mention that he likes (major league pro sports) is something that NC has that NoVA doesn't so he was still wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or