Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you prefer to live in the most?
North Carolina 164 48.24%
New York 176 51.76%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 PM

35 posts, read 32,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Ny wins by default.

I agree, though some areas of Virginia I enjoyed vacationing in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 11:19 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,713,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Sorry, every statement doesn't count as an opinion just because you tack "just my opinion" at the end. Maybe you should learn the definition of a word before you use it.
keep it moving. stop reaching and making something out of absolutely nothing.

i've been on this site for awhile now. if i say something is fact then i back it up with pics, vids, quotes from articles, a source, etc. if i post an opinion then i say "IMO," "personally," etc. end of story. you don't have to read between the lines or anything when it comes to my posts. i'm not one to beat around the bush.

maybe you should hop off and pick a "fight" with someone else or add to the topic instead of trying to start something.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:51 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,678,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post

i've been on this site for awhile now. if i say something is fact then i back it up with pics, vids, quotes from articles, a source, etc. if i post an opinion then i say "IMO," "personally," etc. end of story. you don't have to read between the lines or anything when it comes to my posts. i'm not one to beat around the bush.

maybe you should hop off and pick a "fight" with someone else or add to the topic instead of trying to start something.
People will always start argument with NYers because NY is where it's at.
Don't let them get to you.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:05 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,822,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
People will always start argument with NYers because NY is where it's at.
Don't let them get to you.
The disagreement wasn't even about NY. You are such a special case.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:07 AM

Quote:

LOL, don't get mad because you made a ridiculous, unsubstantiated statement of fact (that you never even attempted to back up at that) and tried to pass it off as an opinion. Stop doing stupid stuff like that and you won't get called out for it.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:39 AM
eek

lol @ this.
son...

if i say something like:

"IMO, i feel like maryland is better than virginia because the trees look better...but maybe thats just me."

and you take that as an unsubstantiated statement of fact then that's on YOU. it also lets me know that there's no point in responding to anything that you have to say because the fact that you would not take that as a person's personal opinion, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE STATED IN THE POST AND IN OTHER POSTS THAT IT WAS THEIR OPINION MULTIPLE TIMES...

shows me that either you're trolling or you aren't capable of comprehending what you've read. either way, i'm not bogging the thread down with this foolishness. this argument that you're trying to create isn't even about the topic.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
lol @ this.
son...

if i say something like:

"IMO, i feel like maryland is better than virginia because the trees look better...but maybe thats just me."

and you take that as an unsubstantiated statement of fact then that's on YOU. it also lets me know that there's no point in responding to anything that you have to say because the fact that you would not take that as a person's personal opinion, EVEN WHEN THEY HAVE STATED IN THE POST AND IN OTHER POSTS THAT IT WAS THEIR OPINION MULTIPLE TIMES...

shows me that either you're trolling or you aren't capable of comprehending what you've read. either way, i'm not bogging the thread down with this foolishness. this argument that you're trying to create isn't even about the topic.
The problem is that this example is vastly different from what you actually said. There's no objective criteria for determining if trees in one state look better than those in another state (except for maybe if almost all the trees in one state were dead or something, which is an extremely unlikely scenario); that's totally subjective. But you said that NoVA offers more than NC, which is a statement that can be objectively verified or disproved. Given that we were talking about things like sports teams and such, the fact of the matter is that your statement was inaccurate. Tacking on "just my opinion" at the end doesn't change that fact and doesn't actually make your statement an opinion. You were just flat-out wrong, end of story.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:35 PM
eek

son, this is the last time i'ma even respond to you. i'm putting you on ignore after this.

in every post that refers to nc vs va that i have made i have made sure to put IMO, personally, i feel that, etc.

i went back and checked. so if you take something out of that that is not there and/or failed to read that part and just skimmed posts then thats on you.

either way, this is ridiculous. i'm done responding to you.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:10 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,769,106 times
Apparently this is a pretty even comparison. Both states have a lot to offer.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:27 PM

92,717 posts, read 123,032,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Apparently this is a pretty even comparison. Both states have a lot to offer.
I think if you just took Upstate NY and put it up against NC, it would be pretty close. Botth are similar in many ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City