Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: New Orleans vs San Francisco
San Francisco 262 57.71%
New Orleans 192 42.29%
Voters: 454. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:42 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Sounds great to me.
Hey that's nice. Keep it, Love it, Marry it.

I am accustomed to summers of sun drenched skies with a cool ocean breeze. Rain in the summer to me is blasphemous. East of the Rockies it seems to be like normal, which is gross but whatever, better there than here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 11:53 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Neither touches Hawaii so end the conversation.
At the end of the day, who you know (or what you know) matters much more than where you live.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Hey that's nice. Keep it, Love it, Marry it.

I am accustomed to summers of sun drenched skies with a cool ocean breeze. Rain in the summer to me is blasphemous. East of the Rockies it seems to be like normal, which is gross but whatever, better there than here.
Well, hey, I'm glad you enjoy your weather. Blasphemous, to me, is a rain-less summer. There are few weather events more exciting than a summer storm rolling in unexpectedly. That's what your part of the country lacks, for the most part: exciting weather.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Well, hey, I'm glad you enjoy your weather. Blasphemous, to me, is a rain-less summer. There are few weather events more exciting than a summer storm rolling in unexpectedly. That's what your part of the country lacks, for the most part: exciting weather.
LOL@ "Exciting" Weather.

You can have ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the 'exciting' weather. I prefer the 'best' weather in the world and California just happens to have it-guess I picked the right place to live.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
LOL@ "Exciting" Weather.

You can have ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL of the 'exciting' weather. I prefer the 'best' weather in the world and California just happens to have it-guess I picked the right place to live.
Again, good for you, but, in my opinion, California does not have the best weather. See how that works?

I'm satisfied with the number of sunny and 75-degree days that we get in this part of Texas. I don't need or want that kind of weather for most of the year. I prefer extremes.

So you can 'lol', scoff, and snicker until you meet your heart's desire. Just know that I don't want what you have.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:27 PM

35 posts, read 37,229 times
Quote:
LOL@ "Exciting" Weather.

1) California weather is different depending in the city. So, what city has the best to you?

2) personally, I think all of Cali weather sucks from SF down to San Diego!

Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM

LOL at the steamy people trying to act like they have great weather. PS youre not California and don't have our near perfect Mediterranean climate. Weather/ Climate is a specific reason people love California, it always has been---no one ever talks with endearement about the hot mess weather people in the Eastern half of the nation suffer through be it summer or winter, whatever, it's all gross.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
LOL at the steamy people trying to act like they have great weather. PS youre not California and don't have our near perfect Mediterranean climate. Weather/ Climate is a specific reason people love California, it always has been---no one ever talks with endearement about the hot mess weather people in the Eastern half of the nation suffer through be it summer or winter, whatever, it's all gross.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Ever heard that one? Mediterranean weather is great for a vacation. I'd get bored living with it.

And really? NO ONE talks with endearment about weather in the Eastern US? So I guess all these threads with people in search of four season climates are just jokes? Please.

You're intentionally trying to be condescending with all of your quips and 'lol's, but, quite frankly, it's just making you look childish and insecure. It's hilarious that you've ever had the nerve to accuse other posters of being as pigheaded as you're being right now.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:46 PM

11 posts, read 16,160 times
What I think this blog needs is a little bit of controversy.
I'm the guy who will retire in a year and who is trying to pick between SF and NO. I have not picked yet, and that's why I find this blog so interesting and relevant.

There is one thing everyone seems to agree on (and it's not weather, nor 5-star restaurants...). It is that SF is quite a bit more expensive than NO. To generate some additional discussion, I would like to ask those of you who are interested in doing a little experiment to go to the site Find Real Estate, Homes for Sale & Houses for Rent - realtor.com®

When you are there, imagine you want to purchase a home in one of the two cities, and enter your desired price range, like $200k-$300k or $2M-$3M, depending on what is relevant for you. Then search what you could afford with that budget, whatever that may be, in SF and in NO. I find that the difference in the home one can afford in the two places is astounding.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Ever heard that one? Mediterranean weather is great for a vacation. I'd get bored living with it.

And really? NO ONE talks with endearment about weather in the Eastern US? So I guess all these threads with people in search of four season climates are just jokes? Please.

You're intentionally trying to be condescending with all of your quips and 'lol's, but, quite frankly, it's just making you look childish and insecure. It's hilarious that you've ever had the nerve to accuse other posters of being as pigheaded as you're being right now.
Anything else? I mean really just move it along without the broken record tangent about being condescending. Oh, and I really am LOL when I post 'LOL', btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City