Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 04:35 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
What bothers me is when people pass off a statistic as a fact. Again, numbers can be posted of diversity in any two cities and shown to a group. Every person will interpret them differently and look for different attributes, which is how each person has their own definition for diversity.
Statistics are much closer to being factual than opinions, especially extremely biased opinions like yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Statistics are much closer to being factual than opinions, especially extremely biased opinions like yours.
Yes, statistics are facts. However, how someone interprets the diversity percentages is an opinion. People see things from different angles. And yes, I am biased.... so are you.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:47 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,746,084 times
Quote:
BK overall is desirable. The only areas not desirable are the nabes with high crime, which every city/area has.

Let's hear about those so called less desirable areas of BK. Honestly, this is a call out. I am testing your knowledge of BK. The longer it takes you to reply is the longer I am assuming you are googling. And don't give me the areas everyone knows such as Brownsville, ENY, Crown Heights and Bed-Stuy. Give me some info the average person doesnt know, honestly I dont think much time was spent there.

That's not difficult...

Marcy Avenue/South Williamsburg
Bushwick
East Flatbush

Old 12-06-2011, 05:00 PM

Let's hear about those so called less desirable areas of BK. Honestly, this is a call out. I am testing your knowledge of BK. The longer it takes you to reply is the longer I am assuming you are googling.

People have to google facts about Brooklyn since it's so under the radar next to a world-class city like San Francisco. You could post pictures of the Bronx or Queens and tell people (even NYers) it's Brooklyn and they'd agree. Try doing that with SF. Amazing how a metro of 22 million people can be so dependent on a tiny 23 sq mile island.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Yes, statistics are facts. However, how someone interprets the diversity percentages is an opinion. People see things from different angles. And yes, I am biased.... so are you.
And? You interpret percentages that show Alameda Co. is more diverse than Brooklyn and conclude that Brooklyn is more diverse. Even mental patients have powers of interpretation.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
That's not difficult...

Marcy Avenue/South Williamsburg
Bushwick
East Flatbush
Williamsburg is the one of the most popular nabes along with BK heights and Bushwich/Flatbush are again popular among rappers and speaking of the ghettos.

However, I am not saying you do or do not know much about BK. I was trying to call someone out who knows nothing about BK. Exatly as suspected, never got a response.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Let's hear about those so called less desirable areas of BK. Honestly, this is a call out. I am testing your knowledge of BK. The longer it takes you to reply is the longer I am assuming you are googling.

Quote:
People have to google facts about Brooklyn since it's so under the radar next to a world-class city like San Francisco.
Then why is that Cali poster running his mouth and trashing BK if he knows nothing of it?

You could post pictures of the Bronx or Queens and tell people (even NYers) it's Brooklyn and they'd agree. Try doing that with SF. Amazing how a metro of 22 million people can be so dependent on a tiny 23 sq mile island.
SF is a metro area of 9 million and they depend on the 800,000 in SF. Same goes for SF.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
And? You interpret percentages that show Alameda Co. is more diverse than Brooklyn and conclude that Brooklyn is more diverse. Even mental patients have powers of interpretation.
BK is more diverse than Alameda county in Cali, sorry. That is my opinion and I stick to it.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,112,206 times
Quote:
SF is a metro area of 9 million and they depend on the 800,000 in SF. Same goes for SF.

9 million, wow its grown very recently. Or is this an opinion?

Old 12-06-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
9 million, wow its grown very recently. Or is this an opinion?
I thought it was 9 million. Sorry, I was thinking of Chicago which is a much more urban and larger metro. SF Bay Area is exactly 7,427,757. Oh, dfw is still hick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City