Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Yeah, clearly there's been zero east coast douchebaggeryin this thread from anybody involved. Clearly.

Your mantra seems to be hypocrisy these days.
When Californians are making claims that SF can compete with Manhattan for urbanity it should be expected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,744,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
We've already established that Brooklyn is a dump devoid of cultural institutions. But 18Montclair says that the "core" of San Francisco is all upscale vibrancy (whatever that means). Is this "upscale vibrancy?"

Are the crime stats I pulled up for the 73rd precinct three pages ago "upscale vibrancy"? What about the 75th? Those two by themselves have had more murders this year than all of San Francisco.

Again, do you really want to go down this road?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes, up until now we've been extremely diplomatic about not extrapolating on Brooklyn's less desirable areas, however it is definitely the 800 lb gorrilla in the room that nobody wants to talk about.
BK overall is desirable. The only areas not desirable are the nabes with high crime, which every city/area has.

Let's hear about those so called less desirable areas of BK. Honestly, this is a call out. I am testing your knowledge of BK. The longer it takes you to reply is the longer I am assuming you are googling. And don't give me the areas everyone knows such as Brownsville, ENY, Crown Heights and Bed-Stuy. Give me some info the average person doesnt know, honestly I dont think much time was spent there.

Last edited by Gateway Region; 12-06-2011 at 10:17 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 10:10 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times
Quote:
Are the crime stats I pulled up for the 73rd precinct three pages ago "upscale vibrancy"? What about the 75th? Those two by themselves have had more murders this year than all of San Francisco.

The only road I want to go down is the one that leads me to the

Bay area bay area bay area SF bay area Cali bay area Asian bay area

Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Of course, what does

urbanity in SF is only surpassed by the duechbaggery of the some to the Bay residents, luckily not all

*yawns*

I will concede and limit responses to only include the pure joy of the mantra

Why do Bay Area posters always focus so much on Asians?

"Let's do a rundown of the Asians!"

Is that all SF has? What's the Puerto Rican community like there? How about the Dominican community? The Cuban community? The Polish community? The Ukranian community?

I guess San Francisco is to Asians what Atlanta is to African Americans.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Never said it doesnt exist just said it does not acheive the level of the

As far as Hipocrisy, well then I might just fit in well in the

Yeah, it really doesn't achieve the "level of the Bay Area" do deny the importance of SF in the Civil Rights movement and to laugh at homelessness in SF and be in denial of the social issues in Brooklyn.

Zero east coast douchebaggery whatsoever.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Is that all SF has? What's the Puerto Rican community like there? How about the Dominican community? The Cuban community? The Polish community? The Ukranian community?

Why do you focus so much on West Indians? Literally 50% of your posts are about them.

Again, why the hypocrisy?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:15 AM

32,084 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:

Do they teach reading comprehension out there? Who on here claimed that Brooklyn was all "upscale vibrancy?" We have bourgie neighborhoods like Park Slope and rough areas like East New York. 18Montlclair said that SF is "upscale vibrant" whereas Brooklyn is for the Archie Bunkers of the world (even though he was from Queens). The people in that video didn't look too "upscale" to me. What's up with that, B?

Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:

Yet its the Philly people who bring up Asians in the Bay Area almost every time.

Sounds like envy to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Do they teach reading comprehension out there? Who on here claimed that Brooklyn was all "upscale vibrancy?" We have bourgie neighborhoods like Park Slope and rough areas like East New York. 18Montlclair said that SF is "upscale vibrant" whereas Brooklyn is for the Archie Bunkers of the world (even though he was from Queens). The people in that video didn't look too "upscale" to me. What's up with that, B?

You might have to explain the bolded to some of your fellow east coasters, they pretend as if these areas don't exist and all of Brooklyn is the envy of the world.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City