U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 12:16 PM

3,447 posts, read 5,584,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess1T View Post
Csi miami and dexter etc no longer it cost to much so its done in La.
I knew about CSI Miami, that's never been filmed in Florida other than a couple of scenes here and there to convince the audience of the show taking place in Miami. When did they stop filming Dexter in Miami? I assumed that some of the studio shots might have taken place in LA from the start, but there are some location shots of the show that scream Miami and I know are not in Venice, Manhattan, or Long Beach, CA. Season 5 airs in September, maybe they started faking Miami for that season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM

472 posts, read 661,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshiki2 View Post
We need a MLS team (major league soccer)...... Miami is getting the Barcelona, US division club..

What does Atlanta's soccer future hold? *| ajc.com

Old 04-22-2011, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,750 times
Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and international trade.[11][12] In 2010, Miami ranked seventh in the United States in terms of finance, commerce, culture, entertainment, fashion, education, and other sectors. It ranked thirty-third among global cities. It's also the Cruise Capital of the World.
Atlanta is a place to enjoy a better cost of living and more African American cultured atmosphere for the most part.
Both are two totally different appeals! Miami is built for competition and Atlanta for attraction. Home is Miami, always. Atlanta just allows you to save more money. I prefer the flat land in Miami, than the hills. And also being able to park on the side of the road (Miami), without minimizing street space (Atlanta). LOL

Old 04-22-2011, 11:16 PM

14,005 posts, read 21,953,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBRMusiek View Post
Miami is a major center and a leader in finance, commerce, culture, media, entertainment, the arts, and international trade.[11][12] In 2010, Miami ranked seventh in the United States in terms of finance, commerce, culture, entertainment, fashion, education, and other sectors. It ranked thirty-third among global cities. It's also the Cruise Capital of the World.
Atlanta is a place to enjoy a better cost of living and more African American cultured atmosphere for the most part.
Both are two totally different appeals! Miami is built for competition and Atlanta for attraction. Home is Miami, always. Atlanta just allows you to save more money. I prefer the flat land in Miami, than the hills. And also being able to park on the side of the road (Miami), without minimizing street space (Atlanta). LOL
It's funny, that's probably the one thing I much prefer Atlanta over Miami for. Flatness is boring. I hate that about Miami. At least in West Palm Beach you can find some neighborhoods which are elevated for South Florida neighborhoods.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM

780 posts, read 1,430,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post

Which city is the most progressive ? Miami for sure, it's one of the most progressive cites in the South

Which city has the best night-life? I don't think there is another city in North America that can compare with Miami in this respect, let alone Atlanta. LOL

Which city do you prefer to visit or live in ? COL is better in Atlanta, but I would still rather live in Miami because of family and it's home. Miami is better to visit, it's much more focused on tourism that Atlanta

What are the advantages and disadvantages of each city? Miami has the beach, much better weather (rarely under 70, rarely over 90) and much more different cultures. Atlanta has some culture its mostly African Americans and Whites, Miami is more diverse. Atlanta has more trees, Miami has more buildings and urban landscape. Atlanta has mountains a few hours away, Miami has the Everglades, the Florida Keys, tropical beaches, the Bahamas, Disney World, and Busch Gardens a few hours away.

Last edited by JMT; 05-02-2017 at 05:24 PM..

Old 07-21-2014, 11:43 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,854,176 times
I'm wondering how people feel about this comparison as of now? I just left Miami, and other than being more of a "party" town, Atlanta just seems like a more complete city.

Old 07-22-2014, 08:04 AM

2,055 posts, read 2,828,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
I'm wondering how people feel about this comparison as of now? I just left Miami, and other than being more of a "party" town, Atlanta just seems like a more complete city.
I've lived in both metros and like them both equally for different reasons. I personally think overall that Atlanta is more of an easier place to live.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:04 PM

13,094 posts, read 15,900,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I've lived in both metros and like them both equally for different reasons. I personally think overall that Atlanta is more of an easier place to live.
I just returned from another trip to Florida and I'm finding that the entire state is just becoming increasingly depressing and uncomfortable as a place, period. And I'm sorry, but the heat and humidity down there is just off the charts. I live in Savannah, which is known for being a pretty miserable place heat and humidity wise, but we've had NOTHING in Savannah this summer like the heat I experienced last week in Central Florida. It was oppressive to the point it took your breath away. Even a couple of days on the beach was miserably hot. And unlike in Georgia, it never seems to cool off -- even at night.

And at risk of getting a lot of backlash, I'll simply say that the ... er ... "quality" of the people in Florida continues to go down, down, down. The whole state feels far trashier to me than it ever has before. But then, maybe I'm just getting old.

Last edited by Newsboy; 07-22-2014 at 01:13 PM..

Old 07-22-2014, 09:33 PM

4,835 posts, read 9,771,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
What do you mean by complete city? Atlanta certainly has a better mass transit system and better urban parks, but besides for that I don't see it. Given I was in Atlanta a year go but I was downtown and midtown on a weekday and weekends and the place did not feel very lively at all. At least not to what I was expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I just returned from another trip to Florida and I'm finding that the entire state is just becoming increasingly depressing and uncomfortable as a place, period. And I'm sorry, but the heat and humidity down there is just off the charts. I live in Savannah, which is known for being a pretty miserable place heat and humidity wise, but we've had NOTHING in Savannah this summer like the heat I experienced last week in Central Florida. It was oppressive to the point it took your breath away. Even a couple of days on the beach was miserably hot. And unlike in Georgia, it never seems to cool off -- even at night.

And at risk of getting a lot of backlash, I'll simply say that the ... er ... "quality" of the people in Florida continues to go down, down, down. The whole state feels far trashier to me than it ever has before. But then, maybe I'm just getting old.
You were in Central Florida, big difference. Also the weather in Central Florida is the worst because at least in Miami we get an ocean breeze. That being said It is Florida, humidity down here will be worse than anywhere in the country but besides for Hawaii we also have by far the warmest winters.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:14 AM

9,086 posts, read 12,856,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
What do you mean by complete city? Atlanta certainly has a better mass transit system and better urban parks, but besides for that I don't see it. Given I was in Atlanta a year go but I was downtown and midtown on a weekday and weekends and the place did not feel very lively at all. At least not to what I was expecting.

You were in Central Florida, big difference. Also the weather in Central Florida is the worst because at least in Miami we get an ocean breeze. That being said It is Florida, humidity down here will be worse than anywhere in the country but besides for Hawaii we also have by far the warmest winters.
Well those are huge quality of life things.

Like Atlanta has some historic neighborhoods.
It has a better arts scene than Miami.
Better Transist that will get you to most parts of the city core.

Nightlife is subjective.Miami has better dance clubs but Atlanta has more diversity in nightlife options.
Not to mention more areas across the city that cater to different crowds.
From Edgewood AVE,East Atlanta Village,Buckhead,Castleberry Hill,Crescent AVE etc..You got so many entertainment areas to choose from.

Atlanta does not have beaches but we do have lakes.rivers and Mountains.You cant go camping in Miami unless you want to sleep with alligators and fight mosquitoes all night.

Then there is colleges and universities.The amount of students i Atlanta make it seem like there is always something going on like college sports and events.

You have a much bigger corporate sector and Atlanta has more international company headquarters from around the would than save maybe 4 other cities in the U.S.

You can't just drive around a city without going to the places people actually hang out.You cannot drive on Peachtree from Downtown to Midtown and expext to see a booming nightlife.Its not hard to find but its not out in the open along the main arteries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City