U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2011, 09:09 AM

18,516 posts, read 14,721,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
^^ All cities have them HTown - the point is more which has more and some comments were on how intertwined they are

Question for you - Is there ever a criteria where you do not believe Houston is the best? This is how you come accross
there you go again diminishing Houston. I was replying to a point DIRECTLY.

why do you always have to be like that.
Did you even READ the post I quoted? Or everytime you see me post you just jump in with the same hater comment.go read the post I quoted and stop making an arse of yourself

He said that there are no equivalent in Houston and I showed that there were now you are saying that every city has them. That is not what he said. He said HOuston does not have them and i showed that they do.

you are always acting like a spoil brat trying to bring down Houston when others are not even boosting Houston. Show me where I said it was the best, I am just showing that there are equivalents in Houston. Do you know what Equivalent means?

get a Life Paul, dedicating your life to hating on a city is just petty
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM

18,511 posts, read 14,507,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
there you go again diminishing Houston. I was replying to a point DIRECTLY.

why do you always have to be like that.
Did you even READ the post I quoted? Or everytime you see me post you just jump in with the same hater comment.go read the post I quoted and stop making an arse of yourself

He said that there are no equivalent in Houston and I showed that there were now you are saying that every city has them. That is not what he said. He said HOuston does not have them and i showed that they do.

you are always acting like a spoil brat trying to bring down Houston when others are not even boosting Houston. Show me where I said it was the best, I am just showing that there are equivalents in Houston. Do you know what Equivalent means?

get a Life Paul, dedicating your life to hating on a city is just petty

Dude once again where did I say anything about Houston in a derogatory fashion

The OP obviously has an agenda and you are perpetuating it

fari point on the specific point addressed though i think there was more context to the reply which you also filtered out in your quote

Sensitive anyone...

Last edited by kidphilly; 04-29-2011 at 09:34 AM..

Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:

fari point on the specific point addressed though i think there was more context to the reply which you also filtered out in your quote
He said there were NO equivalent in Houston and I posted that there WERE some. I mentioned NOthing about better. but you have to come in like I am competing with ATL. I have no idea about the condo scene in ATL and I don't think Houston has that many condos.
There were two errors in this thread

1. That there are no condo's in Dt equivalent to the ones someone posted
2. That most of Hoouston's condos were in downtown.

two errors, I corrected them. I didn't talk them up, didn't say if they were nicer or superior. I just corrected the errors.

saying every city has them. Has what?? all I did was show that some of them are in downtown.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-29-2011 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: calm down

Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I did not reply to the OP. I replied to two other posters. You are the one going with the theme of the op. in a competitive nature. I just gave information that could be useful to someone who doesn't know.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
He said there were NO equivalent in Houston and I posted that there WERE some. I mentioned NOthing about better. but you have to come in like I am competing with ATL. I have no idea about the condo scene in ATL and I don't think Houston has that many condos.
There were two errors in this thread

1. That there are no condo's in Dt equivalent to the ones someone posted
2. That most of Hoouston's condos were in downtown.

two errors, I corrected them. I didn't talk them up, didn't say if they were nicer or superior. I just corrected the errors.

but you are coming in acting like a little greaseball saying every city has them. Has what?? all I did was show that some of them are in downtown.

grow up. Trying to one up the kid whose daddy just got a new car so he no longer has to walk to schoolby saying jimmy's daddy got a better one, is just childish. The point is not who has the better car, the point is the poor kid no longer has to walk to school
Quit spewing your crap HTown - is my statement not accurate?

And me grow up - seriously HTown I am not the one who needs to chill...

You have this thread way off task, surprisingly

Old 04-29-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Quit spewing your crap HTown - is my statement not accurate?

And me grow up - seriously HTown I am not the one who needs to chill...

You have this thread way off task, surprisingly
Just admit it. you saw that I had posted pictures and instead of reading the post you jumped to a false conclusion.

just admit it. You erroneously thought I was saying Houston had more.
Go ahead, be a man and admit it

Old 04-29-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Just admit it. you saw that I had posted pictures and instead of reading the post you jumped to a false conclusion.

just admit it. You erroneously thought I was saying Houston had more.
Go ahead, be a man and admit it
from prior

Quote:

fair point on the specific point addressed though i think there was more context to the reply which you also filtered out in your quote

Sensitive anyone...

Old 04-29-2011, 09:45 AM

3,509 posts, read 2,720,646 times
Quote:
BS. Park Place and others are equivalent and ARE in downtown.

there are still:
San Jacinto Lofts
Kirby Lofts on Main
Hermann Lofts on Travis
Commerce Towers
Byrds Lofts
Beaconsfield Condos
Bayou Lofts
2016 Main

aaaaaallllll of these in Downtown
I wasn't clear on what I meant, so I stand somewhat corrected on Four Seasons and 2016 Main. When I said "Houston has no condos equivalent to the above downtown," I meant contemporary high rise condominium towers as were featured on the ATL post. Four Seasons and 2016 do meet my definition of a high-rise, but they are not contemporary in style nor age. The Four Seasons is 30 years old and the clunky 2016 is at least that old. The closest contemporary high-rise is the Royalton on Allen Parkway about a mile or so from downtown. Park Place (your first photo) is the new rental apartment building I referenced in my post.

Looking at both the pictures and the list of properties in your post, I assume you agree with me then that outside of the the Four Seasons and 2016, the predominant owner residential stock in DT proper is "loft" style, not high-rise and not contemporary. That said, I think this is great, since it demonstrates a maturity in the Houston mind-set in favor of preserving the old vs. tearing down and starting fresh.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
I wasn't clear on what I meant, so I stand somewhat corrected on Four Seasons and 2016 Main. When I said "Houston has no condos equivalent to the above downtown," I meant contemporary high rise condominium towers as were featured on the ATL post. Four Seasons and 2016 do meet my definition of a high-rise, but they are not contemporary in style nor age. The Four Seasons is 30 years old and the clunky 2016 is at least that old. The closest contemporary high-rise is the Royalton on Allen Parkway about a mile or so from downtown. Park Place (your first photo) is the new rental apartment building I referenced in my post.

Looking at both the pictures and the list of properties in your post, I assume you agree with me then that outside of the the Four Seasons and 2016, the predominant owner residential stock in DT proper is "loft" style, not high-rise and not contemporary. That said, I think this is great, since it demonstrates a maturity in the Houston mind-set in favor of preserving the old vs. tearing down and starting fresh.
Ok, now that you are more clear, I get what you mean. And yeah, Dt is not where you would find them. Uptown/TMC/ Greenway would be where you would find the more contemporary stuff.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:03 AM

9,991 posts, read 9,678,524 times
I'm so tired of Houston being compared to Atlana. A 2 million city vs a 420,000 city? UGH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City