U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 AM

20,005 posts, read 68,171,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
We should all be angry! Why this has been forgotten in certain ways is beyond me. Those people who jumped on an otherwise beautiful day virtually disappeared when they met the ground. Your friend is a hero, on that we can agree.
Well said.

Never forget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 07:12 PM

1,134 posts, read 864,952 times
Never forget!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:26 PM

15 posts, read 69,283 times
Its a matter of opinion, and I guess a'lot of people's opinion is that Chicago is not as cool as LA or NYC.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 AM

1,423 posts, read 4,151,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
NYC is alot bigger, hence the reason it overshadows Chicago. LA, while not as big as NY, is home to alot of movie stars and the like, it gets alot of attention for that reason. People associate LA with beaches, glamour, retarded Hollywood folks, etc. The truth really is that LA is hardly what people think it is. Most of it is filthy, the traffic blows, the downtown is pathetic, etc. LA, besides Phoenix, is the least impressive big city Ive ever been to, thats the honest truth. Big bucks buys you a crap house in a crap neighborhood. Yes the weather is supremely nice, but thats another story. Ill never understand why Chicago is in LA's shadow as far as exposure goes. Both are about equal world-players, so Ill give LA that much.
That's not what Kobe Bryant thinks of L.A. And what's a Hollywood Retard.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
As a chicago native i have to comment on your blatant mistakes. One of the main reasons people don't like chicago is because of the people. Specifically people like you who always feel the need to be in competition with other cities and feel the need to put other cities down. Get the picture? Go to LA and see how many of them even have chicago, or new york for that matter on their radar. not many. Go to new york and its the same story.

So chicago has a better skyline than LA. Well everyone knows that. Skylines dont completely make a city. As far as food goes, give me a break La has wonderful food. Mexican, Central american, south american, african, asian, eastern european, etc. There is no need to knock a cities dining scene, just because you couldn't find a vienna beef hot dog.

Chicago also does not have nearly the amount of diversity that LA or the LA metro area has...and if you think otherwise, which i cant see how than you need help... California, specifically southern California, probably has waaay more diversity than pretty much anywhere save, new york city.

Its people like you, that make others think chicagoans have an inferiority complex.

If you truley loved chicago, like me, and as much as i hate to admitt it, STEVE O, than you would just sit back, relax and realize that CHICAGO, is the nation's best kept secret.
Thank you for saying that. Skylines doesn't really make the city better. Everyone knows that L.A. has the worst Skyline but its doesn't mean that L.A. is a ever bad city.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkcapitaloftheworld View Post
Why is there so much LA hatred? seriously c'mon, you are talking about LOS ANGELES! I'm sorry but as far as exposure goes NYC and LA lead that catergory hands down. LA is twice the size of Chicago, its just better, has more to offer PERIOD! get over it, Chicago is a great city, you know world class, the whole shabang! but its no LA or NYC. LA and NYC keep on widening the gap between themselves and Chicago. Chicago is great but its not growing fast enough to keep up with the "big 2" lol. Now you have metros like DFW and Houston closing the gap between themselves and Chicago, I know you people are gonna hate me for saying that but its true. DFW and Houston are hubs for culture, arts, industry, finance, etc of the south. And as of now it seems they WILL pass Chicago in population and importance. But Chicago will always remain the "true" american city.
Thanks for saying that. L.A. And NYC Are the best Cities in America. But to be Honest Chicago is truly a Great City. I have no problem with NYC. And Ive visited Chicago And found people Very Boring. I Find people in L.A. And NYC So Active Outdoors.

Old 07-26-2008, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Just curious, and I want an honest answer, what does LA offer (besides better weather and hills) in vast quantities that Chicago doesnt?
Beaches, Mountains not hills,Sunset Strip, Hollywood,L.A. Live,Hollywood Blvd, Beverly Hills, Bel-Air,Universal studios,Disneyland,Studio City,More theaters than Nyc And London Combined,Palm Trees,OC,Close to areas Like San Diego, Mexico, Las Vegas, More Media,More Celebs, Kobe Bryant,The list goes on.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:48 AM

15,733 posts, read 34,919,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I don't understand it but NYC and L.A. always seem to be talked about more than Chicago.Chicago has more diversity and a better skyline than L.A.Chicago has really nice architecture.It has alot of different types of resturants just as NYC and L.A.Is it because Chicago is in the Midwest.I think the Midwest is a great region,whats so great about the coasts, they seem to be the most expensive regions,so why do people shell out more money to live in L.A. and New York when Chicago is every bit as good as them,and probably better than L.A.I don't know Im confused on this one.
I've been to all 3...and Chicago is definetely the least interesting of the 3. For the Midwest region, its a great city though.

I find it funny how nearly everyone from wherever they are from, always say THEY are from the most diverse, most best city. Same threads on Sacramento California, Houston Texas, Toronto, etc. JUST because the local newspapers and people there want it to be true, doesn't make it true.

After having lived in NYC, and visiting Chicago, I just didn't see the 'interntional' feel whatsoever with the same level as NYC or LA. Sure its there compared to Milwaukee, Minneapolis or whatever.. but nowhere near LA/NYC.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:26 AM

11,037 posts, read 21,689,455 times
oh joy, this thread again

Old 07-27-2008, 02:03 PM

980 posts, read 2,867,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I've been to all 3...and Chicago is definetely the least interesting of the 3. For the Midwest region, its a great city though.

I find it funny how nearly everyone from wherever they are from, always say THEY are from the most diverse, most best city. Same threads on Sacramento California, Houston Texas, Toronto, etc. JUST because the local newspapers and people there want it to be true, doesn't make it true.

After having lived in NYC, and visiting Chicago, I just didn't see the 'interntional' feel whatsoever with the same level as NYC or LA. Sure its there compared to Milwaukee, Minneapolis or whatever.. but nowhere near LA/NYC.

Yah Sure, Your Comparing Chicago To Milwaukee (which I truley do like) thats kind of silly. And on top of that Chicago sure as heck does have an international feel to it. Show me your international feel in LA cause I sure don't see that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or