Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 07:40 PM

21 posts, read 15,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I agree with this post. The only thing NY and LA will lose is the music industry. The majors will be non-players in 3 years. Word on the street is that there will be a new center for music
What street was that? The music industry center will always be where the music industry execs, agents and recording studios are located. The same way movie industry is not going to leave LA's studios, the music industry will not leave its current strongholds on the coasts. Remember, the talents and fads come and go but the big record companies stay in business forever, they simply adapt. Don't believe everything you hear "on the street"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 PM

117 posts, read 330,917 times
Chicago is America's best kept Secret and plan to keep it that way. People don't know what there missing. Kind of like how LA and San Fran Overshadow San Diego completely.

Old 01-31-2010, 12:30 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantstandya View Post
Chicago / Milwaukee metro area - wow, that's gonna be exciting
Oh I'm sorry I guess Milwaukee is no Long Beach!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakthrough View Post
What street was that? The music industry center will always be where the music industry execs, agents and recording studios are located. The same way movie industry is not going to leave LA's studios, the music industry will not leave its current strongholds on the coasts. Remember, the talents and fads come and go but the big record companies stay in business forever, they simply adapt. Don't believe everything you hear "on the street"

Ha ha...ok. Wait until after this summer.

There will be no more major labels. The artists will have the control. The big record companies have already fallen. Don't take my word for it though. Just wait

You'll see...

Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Ha ha...ok. Wait until after this summer.

There will be no more major labels. The artists will have the control. The big record companies have already fallen. Don't take my word for it though. Just wait

You'll see...

Ha, ha. I heard that long, long time ago. Unfortunately music business is still a big business and as such needs skilled professionals a/k/a agents, producers, promoters... Keep on dreaming.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate 24 View Post
Chicago is America's best kept Secret and plan to keep it that way. People don't know what there missing. Kind of like how LA and San Fran Overshadow San Diego completely.
Chicago is not the best kept secret, it's the thir largest city in the US, the world is aware of Chicago, many people visit the city every year for business and pleasure. People know what they are missing but apprently it is not as appealing as you think.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:48 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakthrough View Post
Ha, ha. I heard that long, long time ago. Unfortunately music business is still a big business and as such needs skilled professionals a/k/a agents, producers, promoters... Keep on dreaming.
Remember this post.

By the end of the summer you'll see the direction the industry is headed. Don't worry though, it will be a good thing. You'll still have agents, producers, promoters, etc but they will function differently. Artists will be MUCH more independant and won't be tied down to the major labels. That means the major labels won't have control of the industry.

You'll prob hear the best music you've ever heard in this decade. You should be excited things are playing out the way they are

Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Remember this post.

By the end of the summer you'll see the direction the industry is headed. Don't worry though, it will be a good thing. You'll still have agents, producers, promoters, etc but they will function differently. Artists will be MUCH more independant and won't be tied down to the major labels. That means the major labels won't have control of the industry.

You'll prob hear the best music you've ever heard in this decade. You should be excited things are playing out the way they are
...and I guess there will be no more hunger in the world and we will all coexist peacefully You are saying artists will be independent? They can be independent today, the thing is that they need record companies to pay their bills BEFORE they make money selling records. You probably just don't understand how much it costs to produce one profit turning record considering that there are many that are produced that don't. Art is art but selling it is a business and I don't think anything will change, the same way nothing really changed in the filmmaking business even though anybody can buy a good quality camera nowadays. Keep on dreaming

Old 01-31-2010, 04:15 PM

938 posts, read 4,093,697 times
As an Angelino, I absolutely love visiting Chicago. The neighborhoods especially, are my favorites. In fact, last time I was there, they inspired me to write/photograph a little about them:

prettyugly.: Chicago: Neighborhoods Pt.II

Old 01-31-2010, 04:38 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,924,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fthehill View Post
As an Angelino, I absolutely love visiting Chicago. The neighborhoods especially, are my favorites. In fact, last time I was there, they inspired me to write/photograph a little about them:

prettyugly.: Chicago: Neighborhoods Pt.II

Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed reading your thoughts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City