Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
What is there not to like what NYC offers? NYC offers everything. What I think it is, is that people are jealous of NYC. Since people know they cannot have a city that offers so much like NYC. They start to hate on NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 10:41 AM

6 posts, read 3,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
What is there not to like what NYC offers? NYC offers everything. What I think it is, is that people are jealous of NYC. Since people know they cannot have a city that offers so much like NYC. They start to hate on NYC.

nycrican,

You don't have to make statements like this, everybody in this forum is aware what New York offers and how far ahead it is from most other US and global cities even if they are not ready to admit it.
Your statements just give them an opportunity to disrespect New York... They all know it is the best city in the world, every time they turn on Letterman they hear that statement but when you make such a "in your face" statement they have this knee-jerk reaction which turns the whole debate into a p....ing match...

Take care and "represent", but do it wisely. New York will not be any better or worse no matter what people on city-data write about it.
The city will survive and grow as in the past 400 years.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:32 AM

736 posts, read 2,295,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresbien View Post
nycrican,

You don't have to make statements like this, everybody in this forum is aware what New York offers and how far ahead it is from most other US and global cities even if they are not ready to admit it.
Your statements just give them an opportunity to disrespect New York... They all know it is the best city in the world, every time they turn on Letterman they hear that statement but when you make such a "in your face" statement they have this knee-jerk reaction which turns the whole debate into a p....ing match...

Take care and "represent", but do it wisely. New York will not be any better or worse no matter what people on city-data write about it.
The city will survive and grow as in the past 400 years.
LOL...in your attempt to inject humility into the debate YOU HAVE ONLY PERPETUATED the NYC stereotype you were criticizing.

I lived in NYC about ten years ago...think it's a GREAT city. But the attitude you have revealed is NOT one of the appealing aspects of NYC.

Get over it...as seen first hand here on the west coast the future is now and it's in ASIA, not NYC (or LA or Chicago).

Old 02-04-2010, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,568 times
You are all so silly :-) I find the idea that NYC compares with LA to be totally outlandish in itself. If you dont engage in tit for tat, then you should try to rise above my opinion. Either way, NYC is the slummiest place I have ever seen outside Caracus (except for Manhattan-which is just an overcrowded, over-hyped little area) and the people in your city dont have any class. Its just a fact. And NYC may be the fashion capital of the world (I would have guessed Paris or Milan would be but anyway) in theory, but certainly not in practice. The people look so...blechhh. Anyway I could care less about any of your sad opinions. Again good luck with your lives out in the most fashion forward, rich, and beautiful place in the United States!

Old 02-04-2010, 03:10 PM

6 posts, read 3,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
LOL...in your attempt to inject humility into the debate YOU HAVE ONLY PERPETUATED the NYC stereotype you were criticizing.

I lived in NYC about ten years ago...think it's a GREAT city. But the attitude you have revealed is NOT one of the appealing aspects of NYC.

Get over it...as seen first hand here on the west coast the future is now and it's in ASIA, not NYC (or LA or Chicago).
Humility? Why? Let's be objective. New York is far ahead of othr US cities in most aspects of urbanity and culture.

Asian cities? Who cares? I neither speak or intend to learn Japanese. Be my guest.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tresbien View Post
Humility? Why? Let's be objective. New York is far ahead of othr US cities in most aspects of urbanity and culture.

Asian cities? Who cares? I neither speak or intend to learn Japanese. Be my guest.
I didn't know that Asia = Japan, thanks for informing me.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:17 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,681,186 times
I suggest you learn the basics in both,especially if you are in business and wanna be relevant in the next couple decades.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i"ll be banned! View Post
Almost funny.... The most prominent Asian city is in Japan hence Japanese.
Would you rather learn Mandarin? Good luck with that.
Let's go by how many people speak the language. Mandarin wins. It was close though, only a few hundred million separating them.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM

736 posts, read 2,295,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Let's go by how many people speak the language. Mandarin wins. It was close though, only a few hundred million separating them.

thePR: Excellent point. But hey he/she goes by the name Tresbien...how many people speak that language???? So relevant!!!!!! I will say though Tresbien you certainly have an attitude that is very French.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:24 PM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Japan as the capital of Asia is kinda funny. Asia (East Asia alone) is not at all unified.

Domestic business does not need to be conducted in English in either Japan, China or South Korea. A lot of international business is, though there are a lot more language pairings than ____/English.

And that is why NYC and LA always overshadow Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City