Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2007, 09:07 AM

1,287 posts, read 5,024,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I don't have to explain myself to you, okay. I went out there for a wedding, liked the place, wanted to move there, got back to NYC, got over it for now. End of story.
Yes, I can see from all of your posts, you are now an expert on the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 09:10 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Yes, I can see from all of your posts, you are now an expert on the city.
lol, I never said that. I don't know my way around it, I don't know which building is which. But I do know the smog rankings, traffic rankings, pollution rankings, and cities with the most cars (in #'s and per capita) rankings.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:15 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,497,836 times
I try to like LA, I do. But it's hard to do so when Angelenos are out dogging NYC and Chicago. A good example is the post about the Dodgers commentator who said "living in Chicago is punishment enough." That did it right there for me. I'm not going to sit there and take punches. Angelenos want to start ****, but they don't want to fight back.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I try to like LA, I do. But it's hard to do so when Angelenos are out dogging NYC and Chicago. A good example is the post about the Dodgers commentator who said "living in Chicago is punishment enough." That did it right there for me. I'm not going to sit there and take punches. Angelenos want to start ****, but they don't want to fight back.
Amen brotha.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:58 AM

332 posts, read 448,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
What we don't care to listen to is ignorant opinions about our city, especially from people who aren't burdened with an informed perspective gained by, say, having actually been here. Such as statements like "Chicago is like any other city with a great skyline" and that "nothing stands out." Since you've never been here, you have no business trying to put that one past anyone who has, and particularly those of us who live here. While there are plenty of cities in this country that have their own strengths and charms, very very few of them offer the shear quantity, quality and variety of art, culture, music, theater, dining, museums, architecture, festivals, shopping, ethnic enclaves, political, legal and economic influence in a single city. The Globalization and World Cities Study Group and Network has named Chicago as one of only three top-tier global cites in the United States (you can guess what the other two are) and one of the top ten most economically, politically and culturally influential cities in the world. These are the things that make Chicago one of the top tourist destination cities in America. Don't tell us "nothing stands out" until you've actually spent some time here (and I don't mean just staying in a hotel downtown for two nights and never leaving the Mag Mile area), and don't assume everyone else shares your ignorance about what Chicago has to offer. I'm not demanding you like our city; but it would be nice if you would at least speak from an informed position when talking about it.
I don't have to visit a city to know exactly what is it main attractions! Your just calling me ignorant because you know I'm right, I wasn't trying to bash Chicago and I'm sure it's better than many other cities in American but imo it still dosen't match up with L.A or NYC.

You can call me ignorant all you want but your the one that's ignorant trying to make Chicago something bigger than it really is.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,681,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmann101 View Post
I don't have to visit a city to know exactly what is it main attractions! Your just calling me ignorant because you know I'm right, I wasn't trying to bash Chicago and I'm sure it's better than many other cities in American but imo it still dosen't match up with L.A or NYC.

You can call me ignorant all you want but your the one that's ignorant trying to make Chicago something bigger than it really is.
ok, i'm getting a little OT, but on more than one occasion your retort about any negative post about Houston is "have you even BEEN there? how can you say it's "xxxx"? ". yet you can throw opinions out about places YOU haven't been to?

Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
ok, i'm getting a little OT, but on more than one occasion your retort about any negative post about Houston is "have you even BEEN there? how can you say it's "xxxx"? ". yet you can throw opinions out about places YOU haven't been to?
First off if Chicago has something that stands out anyone in America would know about it, I wasn't judging the city of Chicago by saying "Oh my god I bet it's boring there" "I bet Chicago has no nightlife!"...I was saying Chicago has nothing that stands out like NYC and L.A. does.

I bet if you ask someone to name something that NYC has, they would tell you alot of things, same with NYC.

With Chicago, they will struggle with thinking of something because their is nothing really there that stands out.

Last edited by madmann101; 08-06-2007 at 10:49 AM..

Old 08-06-2007, 10:47 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,363,453 times
Quote:
With Chicago, they want struggle with thinking of something because their is nothing really there that stands out.
Dumbest Sentence Of The Year award!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Dumbest Sentence Of The Year award!
It was a typo.....

Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,741,428 times
seriously...How old are you may I ask?

Quote:
It was a typo.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City