Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2007, 09:47 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Speaking of denial. Yet again with this? What's the conspiracy here? Take a look at this map and tell us what you think should be different about it. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Combined_Statistical_Areas.png (broken link)
Dont feed the troll. All he'll do is puke forth more garbage about how great LA is and how bad NYC and Chicago are. His city is nothing but sprawl, with gag-me architecture and no fun core. Its just suburbs, whoop-de-frickin-do. San Fran is the only city in California that has done things right, and he knows that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,531 times
Thats what Im saying about the architecture.Its just like the houses,plain.What is the unique building in thier skyline.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Thats what Im saying about the architecture.Its just like the houses,plain.What is the unique building in thier skyline.
Skylines dont make a great city, so it doesnt really matter. What matters is that unless you work downtown LA, theres no reason to be there. Theres no core, no centralized hangout spot with nice restaurants, museums, etc. You have to drive to different points in the city to get that, unlike NYC and Chicago. Then you can plan on spending 13 hours in traffic to move 2 miles in LA.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 AM

147 posts, read 690,371 times
are you kidding me guys?
why are you guys arguing over which city is better
Chicago, Nyc, and L.A. are the best in different ways
Chicago has best skyline,tallest buildings, Best pizza
L.A has the movie industry
NYC has great shopping, tourism, etc.
but i do have to agree L.A needs to shape up.
L.A is very much polluted, smog filled city, gang problems, drugs, illegals, etc.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM

150 posts, read 688,885 times
Why is there so much LA hatred? seriously c'mon, you are talking about LOS ANGELES! I'm sorry but as far as exposure goes NYC and LA lead that catergory hands down. LA is twice the size of Chicago, its just better, has more to offer PERIOD! get over it, Chicago is a great city, you know world class, the whole shabang! but its no LA or NYC. LA and NYC keep on widening the gap between themselves and Chicago. Chicago is great but its not growing fast enough to keep up with the "big 2" lol. Now you have metros like DFW and Houston closing the gap between themselves and Chicago, I know you people are gonna hate me for saying that but its true. DFW and Houston are hubs for culture, arts, industry, finance, etc of the south. And as of now it seems they WILL pass Chicago in population and importance. But Chicago will always remain the "true" american city.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:36 PM

Just curious, and I want an honest answer, what does LA offer (besides better weather and hills) in vast quantities that Chicago doesnt?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:40 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,894 times
NewYorkcapitaloftheworld, don't feed on the troll bait. Steve-o (the poor thing) will never learn.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
NewYorkcapitaloftheworld, don't feed on the troll bait. Steve-o (the poor thing) will never learn.
Funny, thats exactly what I wrote about you a page back.

I just want a professional discussion, thats all. Lets discuss, professionally is the key word, what exactly LA offers in great quantities that Chicago doesnt. Im all ears, still waiting for an answer. If youre man enough to discuss this, then do so. If you want to sit and be childish and avoid the question, thats your problem. If you want to get nasty, PM me.

Clocks tickin fellas.

Ive been to LA a few times, didnt find one single thing there (other than a ghost town downtown) that Chicago doesnt have in one form or another. Ok, Disneyworld and Universal Studios, Ill give you that, but those werent even in LA proper. NYCOTW said LA offers more than Chicago, period. Just curious where you come off thinking that...

Old 08-02-2007, 12:53 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,023,894 times
You are far from professional. And all of your obscene and unfactual comments about LA and other places are so hysterical and beyond the pale of decency, there is no point in having an intelligent conversation with you.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:59 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,531 times
I think Chicago is better.And don't say you've never been to L.A.,because I don't want to go there.Maybe L.A. has more people but that doesn't make it better.You guys siad Chicago wasn't better even through it has a better skyline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City