U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: pick one
NYC 102 60.36%
Seattle 67 39.64%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:24 PM
 
Location: Rockville, MD
3,548 posts, read 4,980,120 times
Reputation: 1283

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
I think your analysis is fair save one opinion. Scenery. Surely it's subjective but seriously. From a natural standpoint it's no contest. Seattle is spectacular and wins easily. If you're basing your opinion upon architectural assets, then NYC wins that hands down.
Agreed. I assume the "scenery" in question pertains to natural scenery. And if so, Seattle blows New York away by a fairly wide margin. Seattle is arguably the country's most scenically beautiful city. It's got a mountain as a backdrop--how do you top that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:25 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,458,485 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post
I like how people thought Seattle would get dumped on. In reality for all the "ZOMG NYC 4 DA BEST!!!111!!1!~" cheerleaders, if it was the way they portray the world, NYC should beat out every other city by at least 10:1. Not the case here.

It just proves my point that a small, regional city like Seattle is unique and interesting enough to hold its own against the "most powerful city IN THE WORLD!"

LMFAO GTFO.
the only reason seatle is not getting "dumped" on is because most that are pro ny is not even taking this thread or poll seriously. I didnt even vote knowing nyc will win anyway.

Seatle vs new york city....really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 PM
 
Location: NY/FL
818 posts, read 458,108 times
Reputation: 421
I admit I made this thread partially to see Seattle put down, as I have nothing but disdain for Seattle that I dont wish to talk of. But I received a message a few days ago from another poster and will be fair and hear Seattle out.

Good discussion so far, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:30 PM
 
4,841 posts, read 5,078,669 times
Reputation: 2448
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
the only reason seatle is not getting "dumped" on is because most that are pro ny is not even taking this thread or poll seriously. I didnt even vote knowing nyc will win anyway.

Seatle vs new york city....really?
No. You are wrong.

There are still lots of people that like NYC and are "pro" NYC but still like Seattle and has nice things to say about Seattle just like there are lots of people that like Seattle and are "pro" Seattle but still has nice things to say about NYC.

They are not ignorant and also do not have an inflated ego being so obsessed about the status of a particular city like you. It is like all of your self-esteem is based on the status on one particular city. It seems like all of your city-data posts are related to this topic.

Anyways this poll is almost 50/50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:36 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,458,485 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
No. You are wrong.

There are still lots of people that like NYC and are "pro" NYC but still like Seattle and has nice things to say about Seattle just like there are lots of people that like Seattle and are "pro" Seattle but still has nice things to say about NYC.

They are not ignorant and also do not have an inflated ego being so obsessed about the status of a particular city like you. It is like all of your self-esteem is based on the status on one particular city.

Anyways this poll is almost 50/50.
And like i said the only reason the poll is so close is because most dont even care. As a nyer i dont see seatle as competition at all thus i didnt even vote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:39 PM
 
4,841 posts, read 5,078,669 times
Reputation: 2448
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
And like i said the only reason the poll is so close is because most dont even care. As a nyer i dont see seatle as competition at all thus i didnt even vote
Thanks for pretty much agreeing with everything I said in this post below.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
No. You are wrong.

There are still lots of people that like NYC and are "pro" NYC but still like Seattle and has nice things to say about Seattle just like there are lots of people that like Seattle and are "pro" Seattle but still has nice things to say about NYC.

They are not ignorant and also do not have an inflated ego being so obsessed about the status of a particular city like you. It is like all of your self-esteem is based on the status on one particular city. It seems like all of your city-data posts are related to this topic.


Anyways this poll is almost 50/50.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Rockville, MD
3,548 posts, read 4,980,120 times
Reputation: 1283
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
And like i said the only reason the poll is so close is because most dont even care.
Well, you apparently care enough to have made two posts in this thread, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
 
1,732 posts, read 2,163,689 times
Reputation: 979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
I feel like nature's creations are equally as spectacular as the human race's creations.
LOL Well the ESB is 1,454 tall. Mt. Rainier is just short of 10 times higher and a bagillion times wider.

The scope of each has to be a factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-08-2011, 11:00 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 3,458,485 times
Reputation: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thandYou View Post
Well, you apparently care enough to have made two posts in this thread, no?
Basically I felt compelled to comment on the poster, who thinks seatle is doing something by not getting blown out by nyc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2011, 01:08 AM
 
Location: US Empire, Pac NW
5,012 posts, read 6,412,138 times
Reputation: 4125
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Basically I felt compelled to comment on the poster, who thinks seatle is doing something by not getting blown out by nyc
It also goes to show how you like assuming that all NY'ers think like you. Very telling about your personality, btw. And I'll take my anecdotal evidence of multiple NY'ers who LOVE Seattle and will NEVER think of living in NYC ever again because Seattle just blows NYC out of the water when it comes to Quality of LIFE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top