Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 01:59 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,970,189 times

Advertisements

Unlike a lot of people, I really enjoyed O'Hare Airport. It was awesome! It's huge, clean, modern-looking, and the underground tunnel between B and C concourses (IIRC) was awesome! I had no delay problems. Tons of food options for when you get hungry. Awesome airport!

Of course I'm biased, but Denver is also a great one. I wonder what could drive that... person... to say "Denver sucks"?! Denver's airport is very clean, modern, efficient, and the reason that it works so well is because it's far from the mountains. Do you know how many of the old Stapleton Airport's problems were mountain-related? The farther from the mountains, the more stable the weather. THAT'S why DIA is way out there. Instead of just judging and saying "Oh, that's way out in Kansas," perhaps do some research and educate yourself about Denver's weather system. Besides, before 2020, DIA will be connected to downtown Denver by rail. Ta-da!

As far as I'm concerned, there were no airports that have been problematic for me at all, and I fly a lot. Phoenix has a great airport, the walks are long but so what? It's good for you! Same with Houston Intercontinental. Philly's airport felt kind of outdated, but maybe that was just the concourse I was in. SeaTac is cool! Vegas is awesome.

San Diego is incredibly efficient when you consider how compact and small it is. I love landing there too, you can almost see the people in the buildings you fly by so close!

DFW is great for the sky train connecting all the terminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 04:37 PM

2,247 posts, read 7,027,251 times
I'll care to add Baltimore to the list of best airports. That place was really nice for a larger airport.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:45 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,481,890 times
The only large airport that I've flown through that I don't like is MIA and that's excluding the new American terminals. Service, as well as the atmosphere, in the central and south terminals leave a lot to be desired IMO.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:50 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
To me, it boils down to one criterium: Access to the downtown area.

San Diego
Birmingham
Atlanta (Based on the very cool Marta system)
KC

Old 05-30-2011, 12:52 PM

260 posts, read 757,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytofu10 View Post
Actually it's English and Japanese. The Detroit area has many Japanese visitors/residents being the auto capital of the world.

I know, I was talking about Seattle-Tacoma International. In SEA, the announcements are made in English and Korean.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:53 AM

3,004 posts, read 5,148,400 times
The best airport is the one where I can get in and get out with the least amount of difficulty. So far that''s been tiny Sarasota International lol. I like Houston's though, the new wing is very nice and spacious. O'Hare, yuck, I don't think I've ever had a soft landing at O'Hare. Indy is the newest and a mere 10 min from downtown but still extremely long taxi from the terminal to and from the runway.

I like Honolulu because of the feel, but when watching it take off praying they have enough speed because their's a HUGE cliff there if they don't lol.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:04 PM

408 posts, read 580,638 times
I've only been to a few airports around the country. I like my hometown airport here in Phoenix (Sky Harbor) because its always easy to fly out of and never has weather problems.

ATL- is real nice and clean and huge, I like the train that goes to different terminals I have never gotten lost in that airport despite its size and the number of people.

Houston- Also has good ways to get around to different terminals and lots of food places to choose from while waiting for your flight..

WORST- Reagan in DC.. so hard to find and the airport always has problems with safety.

Old 05-31-2011, 02:09 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,140,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytofu10 View Post
Actually it's English and Japanese. The Detroit area has many Japanese visitors/residents being the auto capital of the world.
I thought it was because Northwest had a hub in Detroit with direct flights to it's hub in Nirita.

Old 06-01-2011, 01:41 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
Mine is Orlando. Not because I live here, but during the summer May- October flying through the thunderstorms is beast, but I love how the lightning and thunder rocks the plane. Just makes the flight all that better well to me.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:09 AM

929 posts, read 1,902,242 times
My favorite U.S. airports (taking into account all criteria that matter to me) are: San Francisco, Philadelphia, Chicago O'Hare, Boston Logan and Washington Reagan.

Among these, San Francisco international airport is easily my favorite.

My LEAST FAVORITE airport in the United States is easily Oakland International Airport. I flew into OAK instead of SFO a couple years ago...never again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City