U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-07-2013, 10:30 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
have u lived in nyc tho

Its obvious he never has.

Everytime you put focus on his location or where hes lived, he diverts all attention to something else like a personal attack or grammar.

We know what hes all about. Just move along.

Dont want to **** off the NYC fanboys and fangirls.

Lived there. Been there. Done that. Life is at a different point now. Do I still enjoy NYC? Absolutely, but my money goes further elsewhere. Can you blame me?

I wouldnt be the first person to leave over cost, thats for sure.

 
Old 09-07-2013, 10:33 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest1 View Post
getting this back on point, the best (value) Italian in Chicago is in the sadly shrinking little Italy on South Oakley on the Southwest Side...with a heartfelt shoutout to Bacchanalia's!
Home Page

check out there menu

Dinner Menu

where you can enjoy the world's greatest Chicken Vesuvio, a Chicago Original! Chicken Vesuvio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Im not particularly blown away by the Italian in Chicago. Never have been. In fact, one thing it lacks is an Italian presence like there is in the Northeast. Its what im used to. To my knowledge all the Italians went to the suburbs.

Oh no, im being anti-Chicago now. Anti-NYC, anti-Chicago. Or is it just having an honest opinion?
 
Old 09-07-2013, 10:35 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
Chicago is the only city in America where I felt like I wasn't sleazy enough or corrupt enough to live there. I guess I had to give a few backhanders to Congressmen to fit in with the upper crust there.

Thats interesting.

My first time in Chicago, I wasnt used to everyone smiling and being friendly.

Certainly doesnt happen in NYC.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 10:37 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
Nirvana? Only if you're a loser and like to watch your team lose lol

I was raised a Yankee fan bud, and the best experience ive had was a Cubs Mets game last year at Wrigley, and I grew up going to the old Stadium in the Bronx.

Im more of a hockey fan though, and still dont mind giving credit to cities like Philly or Montreal despite my hatred for them. Theyre among the best to experience hockey.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 10:40 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
What's wrong with stating it how you see it. Does everything have to be layered in a child proof flame retardant politically correct veil? I think Chicago is a cesspool so what of it. Is what I say factually wrong in any way. Is Chicago not a hotbed of corruption and criminal activity? Does it not have a reputation that's a 100+ years old for this sort of degenerate activity?

Chicago is a Randian nightmare city. It's a place where the well heeled and corrupt high society trod roughshod over everyone in their path. If it existed as its own country it would be right up there with Argentina in nations run as kleptocracy.

Whats your point? North Jersey, Staten Island and the Bronx are all cesspools as well.

The only parts of NYC worth a **** are Manhattan and Brooklyn, and an extreme lesser extent Queens.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 PM
 
12,698 posts, read 10,514,849 times
Reputation: 17602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
Whats your point? North Jersey, Staten Island and the Bronx are all cesspools as well.

The only parts of NYC worth a **** are Manhattan and Brooklyn, and an extreme lesser extent Queens.
Hardly. All have some very beautiful neighborhoods, especially Northern NJ which is made up of many towns and cities. But nice areas in the desirable NYC region comes with an expensive price tag, probably why you don't like them. Therefore they become "cess pools". I agree most of the Bronx sucks and I'm not a fan of Staten Island overall, and I am very familiar with it, but they both have really nice areas at the same time. I'm not even going to comment on you generalizing all of North Jersey, though, other than telling you you're wrong.

You really have a chip on your shoulder regarding the area. Why that is, I'm not sure. But 20 million people wouldn't live in the NYC area if it sucked so much so I think you should stop now with this. It sucks FOR YOU, maybe. Not for many others, though.

Please don't try to tell me that you didn't try to make the argument that NYC has too much to do, therefore you're better off elsewhere because you totally did. You made it seem as if NYC isn't all it's cracked up to be because there's no way residents have seen all that they boast about… come on. As of this isn't the case for every city. As it's been mentioned, not every amenity in a given city suits everyone but the more you have overall, the better it makes the city. That's why NYC is so great. This isn't boosting, or homerism (I'm not even from NY), it's fact.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 11:04 PM
 
151 posts, read 126,213 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
Please delete my access to this site. I think it's deteriorating, by allowing some of these new member bashers to do just that, bash. It's clear they are only on this site to bash Chicago, and I've never seen any of their nasty comments come under scrutiny from the moderators. I'm done, but I hope moderators will try to run a better site for those who chose to stay.
I'm considering deleting my account as well. This website is declining and trolls are taking over and the moderators do nothing. Mods get some control again, or else people are going to start leaving in droves, the ones that actually have a brain.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 11:06 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Hardly.

You really have a chip on your shoulder regarding the area. Why that is, I'm not sure. But 20 million people wouldn't live in the NYC area if it sucked so much so I think you should stop now with this. It sucks FOR YOU, maybe. Not for many others, though.

Please don't try to tell me that you didn't try to make the argument that NYC has too much to do, therefore you're better off elsewhere because you totally did. You made it seem as if NYC isn't all it's cracked up to be because there's no way residents have seen all that they boast about.
Its not a chip at all. Its just too ****ing expensive. Admittedly, some of the people do wear on you after awhile, and thats not just the NY metro but the entire Northeast, of which I am a native, and I will be getting away from that. Ive seen a lot of the country, good and bad. I suggest you do the same. Itll open those eyes of yours and then you will give bias a second thought and listen more to practicality.


I prefer Central Jersey over North, sorry.

The Northwestern suburbs arent enough to overcome the blackeye of Newark and surrounding areas. I downright hate North Jersey.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 11:11 PM
 
399 posts, read 771,601 times
Reputation: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Please don't try to tell me that you didn't try to make the argument that NYC has too much to do, therefore you're better off elsewhere because you totally did. You made it seem as if NYC isn't all it's cracked up to be because there's no way residents have seen all that they boast about.

I gladly did both. You got a problem with it?

Is it a prereq for this site to jerk off your model Empire State Building or use a 1 World Trade Center shaped phallus?

The NYC boosters are extremely annoying, and they talk about it as if theyre former tour guides. There is no way anyone experiences everything NYC has to offer on a daily basis, so what good is it to boast about things you dont even do yourself? Its not brain surgery.

The concept of practical spending isnt brain surgery either. For the average American (working class), NYC is a dream. However, its not to suggest that there arent other cities that offer things NYC doesnt, and for much much less.

You have access to many of the same types of activities in Chicago as you do in NYC, and it doesnt require being approved for a loan to do it. If youre being an elitist cause "its not NYC" well then go **** yourself. Its that simple.
 
Old 09-07-2013, 11:15 PM
 
151 posts, read 126,213 times
Reputation: 96
I think everyone needs to calm down, haha. Seriously take a step back, gain some perspective and really think about how silly all this arguing is. How time consuming it is. We should all be better utilizing our time, and if we are gonna debate we cannot let it get to you. If it does its not a debate you are just fighting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:28 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top