U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM

11,158 posts, read 22,306,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYGA View Post
kinda Funny how no one cares because everybody nose NYC is better but you are just in denial

Denial of what? All I was pointing out was that in the first pic it looks similar and has the same random slant in the shot.

In the second picture you have the tallest building off to the right, and there are a lot of apartment buildings in the foreground with a street that starts at bottom center right and then curves off to the right about halfway up.

Chill out.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM

371 posts, read 1,008,355 times
Quote:
Yes its larger and more famous, but that doesnt make it BETTER or MORE BEAUTIFUL. Is Chase Field "better" than Wrigley Field just because its bigger?
He didint say that its largeness made it better or beautiful he said it is more better and beautiful.
that link u had has another link and here it is and look at new york and chicago
http://homepages.ipact.nl/~egram/skylines.html

Last edited by NYCBoy1212; 07-24-2008 at 09:58 AM..

Old 07-24-2008, 09:39 AM

2,775 posts, read 10,710,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
hey but theres Mcdonalds across the country, what can u do actually around the world
I know but just thinking about it makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Also, NYCBoy, the Sears Tower, along with the Hancock and Aon Center, also stuck out when they were being built. But now, they seem to blend in with the skyline.
Yeah but the skyline wont look good if u have buildings reaching For 2000 ft, but since there wont be a mass change it will stick out for a long time

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 AM

3,637 posts, read 8,740,206 times
I think Chicago has a more aesthetically pleasing skyline--but maybe that is due to the fact that you can see the skyscrapers a bit better than Manhattan. Midtown has so many skyscrapers hidden amongst the canyons--and all bunched together--that the skyline looks very lopsided almost. I love NYC's skyline though--but Chicago's is more evenly distributed and pleasing to the eye.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:13 AM

4,383 posts, read 15,301,300 times
Quote:
This is a NY vs Chicago Debate. Who cares if u have the richest man. We have thousands of rich and famous people.
We have movie theaters. (also buildings with private movie theaters.)
Museums. (MOMA, AMNH, MMOA, etc)
Parks. (central park the most visited city park in the US, battery park, etc
Theatres.
Malls. (Manhattan Mall, Fulton Mall, theres a mall in grand central terminal)
We even have the worlds largest store Macys with 10 floors of shopping and food ( just Mcdonalds, Starbucks, a pizza restaurant, etc ) taking up almost an entire city block.
Macy's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
World class schools and and schools for specific jobs.
Huge Family Events and programs
World famous parades and events. ( Macys Thanksgiving day parade and 4th of july fireworks {which is the largest fireworks display in the world.}, Tribeca Film Festival., etc)
Real clothes. We have expensive clothing stores for example ( Gucci, Prada, Rolex, Bvlgari, etc)
5 Star resturaunts and hotels.
Expensive real estate. We have the 4th most expensive home in the country for $70,000,000
Attractions (Madame Tussauds, Ripleys believe it or not odditourium, Times Square, etc)
Stores that you can only find in NYC like ( Nintendo World(Nintendo World Store) {the only nintendo store in the world} and little non franchise stores that sell cool clothing and stuff.)
We have the biggest Toys R US in the World with a ferris wheel and more.
Toys"R"Us - Times Square (http://www9.toysrus.com/timessquare/ - broken link)
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You got to be kidding me. 1. Look at my location - do i LOOK like im in Omaha? 2. You can't actually think im serious. Sarcasm is hard to tell over the internet, but my sarcasm was just plain clear if you've been following a few threads

Old 07-24-2008, 10:52 AM

obviously its hard because sarcasm has to have expression

Old 07-24-2008, 11:30 AM

Since it is now a topic about which city is better start posting reasons why u think so and so is better

Old 07-24-2008, 01:04 PM

98 posts, read 89,721 times
No, I didn't say New York's skyline is better because it's larger.

I said New York's skyline is more BEAUTIFUL, not to mention larger and more famous. To my eyes, Chicago's skyline is certainly not as beautiful as New York's and most people would agree with me on that.

New York is the definition of skyline.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:30 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,009,754 times
Quote:
This is a NY vs Chicago Debate. Who cares if u have the richest man. We have thousands of rich and famous people.
We have movie theaters. (also buildings with private movie theaters.)
Museums. (MOMA, AMNH, MMOA, etc)
Parks. (central park the most visited city park in the US, battery park, etc
Theatres.
Malls. (Manhattan Mall, Fulton Mall, theres a mall in grand central terminal)
We even have the worlds largest store Macys with 10 floors of shopping and food ( just Mcdonalds, Starbucks, a pizza restaurant, etc ) taking up almost an entire city block.
Macy's - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
World class schools and and schools for specific jobs.
Huge Family Events and programs
World famous parades and events. ( Macys Thanksgiving day parade and 4th of july fireworks {which is the largest fireworks display in the world.}, Tribeca Film Festival., etc)
Real clothes. We have expensive clothing stores for example ( Gucci, Prada, Rolex, Bvlgari, etc)
5 Star resturaunts and hotels.
Expensive real estate. We have the 4th most expensive home in the country for $70,000,000
Attractions (Madame Tussauds, Ripleys believe it or not odditourium, Times Square, etc)
Stores that you can only find in NYC like ( Nintendo World(Nintendo World Store) {the only nintendo store in the world} and little non franchise stores that sell cool clothing and stuff.)
We have the biggest Toys R US in the World with a ferris wheel and more.
Toys"R"Us - Times Square (http://www9.toysrus.com/timessquare/ - broken link)
Wow, that went a mile over your head....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or