Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 11:15 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
Its not a chip at all. Its just too ****ing expensive. Admittedly, some of the people do wear on you after awhile, and thats not just the NY metro but the entire Northeast, of which I am a native, and I will be getting away from that. Ive seen a lot of the country, good and bad. I suggest you do the same. Itll open those eyes of yours and then you will give bias a second thought and listen more to practicality.

I prefer Central Jersey over North, sorry.

The Northwestern suburbs arent enough to overcome the blackeye of Newark and surrounding areas. I downright hate North Jersey.
Areas surrounding Newark are beautiful, clearly you haven't visited the right areas. That's fine, though, I'm used to people saying this stuff about NJ. Seeing it all as Newark…

Plenty of people get by in NYC despite its price tag, rich, middle class, and poor. There are five boroughs with multiple neighborhoods and a variety of places to choose from. Not everywhere is ridiculously overpriced. Of course it's expensive, this whole area is, but you get what you pay for and that's why people think it's worth it. If one can't afford it, they shouldn't live here, plain and simple.

I've seen a lot of the country, I'm not sure why you assume I haven't. I am not biased at all, I just strongly disagree with the majority of what you've been saying.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I gladly did both. You got a problem with it?

Is it a prereq for this site to jerk off your model Empire State Building or use a 1 World Trade Center shaped phallus?

The NYC boosters are extremely annoying, and they talk about it as if theyre former tour guides. There is no way anyone experiences everything NYC has to offer on a daily basis, so what good is it to boast about things you dont even do yourself? Its not brain surgery.
I think you're the one with the problem. That's pretty evident.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullocity View Post
I think everyone needs to calm down, haha. Seriously take a step back, gain some perspective and really think about how silly all this arguing is. How time consuming it is. We should all be better utilizing our time, and if we are gonna debate we cannot let it get to you. If it does its not a debate you are just fighting.
Everyone? Good one.

I'm calm. Can't say the same for others, though.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:19 PM

399 posts, read 882,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Areas surrounding Newark are beautiful, clearly you haven't visited the right areas. That's fine, though, I'm used to people saying this stuff about NJ. Seeing it all as Newark…

Plenty of people get by in NYC despite its price tag, rich, middle class, and poor. There are five boroughs with multiple neighborhoods and a variety of places to choose from. Not everywhere is ridiculously overpriced. Of course it's expensive, this whole area is, but you get what you pay for and that's why people think it's worth it. If one can't afford it, they shouldn't live here, plain and simple.

I've seen a lot of the country, I'm not sure why you assume I haven't. I am not biased at all, I just strongly disagree with the majority of what you've been saying.

I went to Kean University and disagree entirely. The **** areas far outweigh the better ones.

There are much better areas id rather live in Central Jersey.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 PM

151 posts, read 162,565 times
Quote:
Everyone? Good one.

I'm calm. Can't say the same for others, though.
Oh you know what I meant.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullocity View Post
Oh you know what I meant.

Shes from Jersey, give her a break.

(testing how calm she really is)

Old 09-07-2013, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I went to Kean University and disagree entirely. The **** areas far outweigh the better ones.

There are much better areas id rather live in Central Jersey.
I think you need to go to bed. Night!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
I think you need to go to bed. Night!

Wanna tuck me in?

Old 09-07-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Shes from Jersey, give her a break.

(testing how calm she really is)
Cute. Still calm, though my friend. You?

Night!

Old 09-08-2013, 01:42 AM

414 posts, read 537,488 times
Quote:

well, i live not far from newark and except for the south orange reservation, i have to strongly disagree
and i have to agree with chicagoor that a lot of north jersey is a giant sh1thole similar to nyc, except for ultra rich pockets here and there or far out burbs, morris county is nice tho
and u dont get wat u pay for at all anywhere in the nyc metro, jus look at the forums, nj people are always complaining (rightfully) bout high taxes and erything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City