Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM

399 posts, read 879,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH_CDM View Post
Because we were talking about NJ. It would be silly to use the NYC MSA for NJ, because most of NJ is not in the NYC MSA, but most of NJ is in the NYC CSA.

The CSA measure is far more precise for the purposes of this discussion. The MSA measure would miss the vast majority of the state.

No, Johnny Come Lately, we were talking about North Jersey.

Where JerseyGirl lives. Her and myself were going back and forth on that specifically.

Try again.

It wasnt until you came in and started using New Jersey and everything went further.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:06 PM

399 posts, read 879,772 times
Quote:
No, I'm saying the exact same thing I've always said. NJ is a rich state, and has below-average poverty,
decay, vacancy, etc. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, really? So, we should use the MSA as a proxy for NJ, even though only 25% of the state is in the MSA, rather than the CSA, which covers 75% of the state? Sorry, but no.

Yes, and?

Again, more nonsense. And, again, you don't know what you're talking about. NJ has far below-average "decay, factories, mill and industry." It's a rich, white collar state. You can hardly be richer or more white collar, anywhere.

Nei and myself are still waiting for your sources.

Oh and just a reminder, North Jersey is what started this entire thing. I suggest you go back and read it. In fact, im not going to waste any more replies on you until you do.

Its important to note that because I specifically said I didnt like/care for North Jersey and preferred Central, so once again, your entire New Jersey stance goes to **** because that wasnt really a debate. It was really North Jersey.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:21 PM

517 posts, read 675,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
well, u seem all around challenged, i mentioned camden to say that i been erywhere in nj, CLEARLY u never even set foot here, i can jus tell from yo hearsay posts
u looked at some youtube vids, some stupid income stats that dont reflect the higher COL here, and think u kno NJ, ask anyone on the nj board if there is not a tremendous amount of ghettos there and ull see wat they say
In other words, you want me to ignore the Census stats that show NJ is among the wealthiest places on earth, and just take your word for it that the Census is lying?

LOL, no.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
No, Johnny Come Lately, we were talking about North Jersey.

Where JerseyGirl lives. Her and myself were going back and forth on that specifically.

Try again.

It wasnt until you came in and started using New Jersey and everything went further.
North Jersey is much wealthier than Jersey as a whole.

So if your argument is that North Jersey, the wealthiest part of one of the wealthiest states, is filled with slums, then it's an even more ridiculous argument. North Jersey is where all the money's at in Jersey.

Speaking very generally, the richest parts of NJ are the closest suburbs to Manhattan, especially where there are transit links.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:24 PM

414 posts, read 536,044 times
Quote:
In other words, you want me to ignore the Census stats that show NJ is among the wealthiest places on earth, and just take your word for it that the Census is lying?

LOL, no.
there is a lot of rich people here, does it mean everything is cookies n cream? how does it make an average person's life better if there are gated communities not far from him when he still lives in a ghetto or semi ghetto, if u take median incomes, they are not that high considering high col

Old 09-10-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
there is a lot of rich people here, does it mean everything is cookies n cream? how does it make an average person's life better if there are gated communities not far from him when he still lives in a ghetto or semi ghetto, if u take median incomes, they are not that high considering high col
I don't know what any of this means. No one said there were no ghettos or that poor people didn't have it tough.

The point is that Jersey is one of the richest places in the richest country in the world, and has a poverty rate far below the national average. It is among the places in the U.S. with the fewest ghettos, not the most.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
North Jersey is much wealthier than Jersey as a whole.

So if your argument is that North Jersey, the wealthiest part of one of the wealthiest states, is filled with slums, then it's an even more ridiculous argument. North Jersey is where all the money's at in Jersey.

Speaking very generally, the richest parts of NJ are the closest suburbs to Manhattan, especially where there are transit links.
they are not the closest to manhattan, closest to manhattan nj side is noth but slums, good suburbs are farther out, shows your lack of knowledge

Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoorSeattle View Post
Nei and myself are still waiting for your sources.

Oh and just a reminder, North Jersey is what started this entire thing. I suggest you go back and read it. In fact, im not going to waste any more replies on you until you do.

Its important to note that because I specifically said I didnt like/care for North Jersey and preferred Central, so once again, your entire New Jersey stance goes to **** because that wasnt really a debate. It was really North Jersey.
In the real world, North Jersey is much richer than Central Jersey. And Central Jersey is much richer than South Jersey.

Yet everything you say is opposite-land.

You are claiming the richest part of one of the richest states is really the poorest part. You might as well say up is down and right is left.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I don't know what any of this means. No one said there were no ghettos or that poor people didn't have it tough.

The point is that Jersey is one of the richest places in the richest country in the world, and has a poverty rate far below the national average. It is among the places in the U.S. with the fewest ghettos, not the most.
lol are u christies spokesperson or someth
either that or ur smokin someth cuz that sentence alone destroy all your cred, many things are arguable, and as many good things nj has, abundance of ghettos in North Jers is non debateable, to say NJ is a place with the fewest ghettos when its prolly a place with the most means ur either a troll or seriously ignorant, try telling that to a nj resident, ull get laughed at

Old 09-10-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
they are not the closest to manhattan, closest to manhattan nj side is noth but slums, good suburbs are farther out, shows your lack of knowledge
No, you don't know what you're talking about. Have you ever been to NJ? I mean, really?

Generally speaking, the most expensive parts of NJ are the closest to Manhattan and the least expensive parts of NJ are the furthest from Manhattan.

The richest city in NJ is Alpine, directly across the Hudson from Manhattan. It also has the highest home prices. Nearby parts of Englewood Cliffs, Tenefly, and parts of Englewood are about as expensive.

The highest priced suburban-style communities are mostly in Bergen and Essex Counties (the closest suburban counties to Manhattan) and the highest priced urban communities in Jersey are in Hudson County (the closest urban county to Manhattan).

Prices are basically influenced by proximity to Manhattan and access to rail. That's why close-in, rail-oriented communities like Ridgewood or Millburn or Montclair are extremely expensive, while far-out suburbs with no rail are ususally cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City