Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I believe BK is better than SF in many ways. There is not any way to judge importance because in all research tools BK is lumped into NYC. However, I believe BK wins in many cases that are opinion

Transit: BK
Food: BK (I would rather eat in BK)
Parks: BK
People: BK
Urbanity: BK
Culture: BK
Live: I would rather live in BK with a bann on Manhattan over living in SF.
Unique Nabes: BK (atleast to me)
Eh. Let them grit their teeth and complain about NY homering. I'm not even from New York, but I understand, as any reasonable person should, that NYC is leagues ahead of San Francisco as a city. It's not even a slight. It's just common sense. This thread should have never been created in the first place.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM

815 posts, read 1,858,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Eh. Let them grit their teeth and complain about NY homering. I'm not even from New York, but I understand, as any reasonable person should, that NYC is leagues ahead of San Francisco as a city. It's not even a slight. It's just common sense. This thread should have never been created in the first place.
x2.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Nope.

There is a ton of denial from you and others who ignorantly believe(with a straight face) that even without Manhattan, the outer boroughs provides the exact same amenities for the rich and super rich. Better in fact than anywhere else.

Hahahahahahahaha...That is extremely telling of the depth of arrogance that exists back there.
This is where you get to be very annoying. First, the point you're making is totally irrelevant. Second, you're attempting to reframe the argument just as you did in the SF vs. Philly thread with your "we have more upscale _____" (which again is irrelevant) to divert attention from the thorough ass-kicking one borough is giving San Francisco. Third, you're putting words in people's mouths, which is always annoying on here. Nobody's said that Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx provide the same amenities to the snotty-nosed super elites, and frankly, who cares?

Old 11-02-2011, 03:19 PM

815 posts, read 1,858,230 times
Quote:
I will brag. With Pleasure.

Michelin Star Rated Restaurants, 2012
San Francisco 20
Brooklyn 5

Anything else I can clarify here?
I thought you were only concerned with high end? In which Brooklyn bests SF... ? Why aren't there any 3 star restaurants in SF, and why is there one in Brooklyn? Yeah you should clarify why you try to play every single angle in the book then keep changing the framework to suit SF needs only to boost. I think everybody would like an answer for that. You were touting high end stuff. Then when you find out BK actually beats SF in that department, the story changes. It's the same story for anything.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:20 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Quote:
Nope.

There is a ton of denial from you and others who ignorantly believe(with a straight face) that even without Manhattan, the outer boroughs provides the exact same amenities for the rich and super rich. Better in fact than anywhere else.

Hahahahahahahaha...That is extremely telling of the depth of arrogance that exists back there.

And you tell me that we're snobs? Ha! Hell, at least we have a reason to be. What are you bragging about? Density and Trains?

Gimme a break and call me back when your best boutiques arent found at JFK airport.

Because its crystal clear that noneayall have ever set foot in San Francisco because we wouldnt even be having this conversation.
But these are the neighborhoods that feed the city as whole, just as satalite neighborhoods feed into SF and its core. NYC is larger and offers more, has more wealth, more educated people and more high end shopping, whatever you desire.

And on arrogance, to suggest that all that matters is the uber wealthy, well frankly that is arrogant. Also to me personally this take by you makes a COMPLETE MOCKERY of anything you have ever posted related to diversity; I should hope you never speak in a term of diversity again on this forum. But then again the side of the fence that works best for the your beloved Bay will likely be played.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,296,713 times
Quote:
This is where you get to be very annoying. First, the point you're making is totally irrelevant. Second, you're attempting to reframe the argument just as you did in the SF vs. Philly thread with your "we have more upscale _____" (which again is irrelevant) to divert attention from the thorough ass-kicking one borough is giving San Francisco. Third, you're putting words in people's mouths, which is always annoying on here. Nobody's said that Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx provide the same amenities to the snotty-nosed super elites, and frankly, who cares?
Exactly, I am just an upper middle class American. I do not care what the supper rich do, but what *I* prefer. This poster posts stats all the time about billionaires and wealth...... so pretentious and money driven.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
This is where you get to be very annoying. First, the point you're making is totally irrelevant.
No, people just dont know when to give up even when theyre wrong.

Quote:
Second, you're attempting to reframe the argument just as you did in the SF vs. Philly thread with your "we have more upscale _____" (which again is irrelevant) to divert from the thorough ass-kicking one borough is giving San Francisco.
*yawns*

On paper and in person, SF mops the floor with any borough except the one you call "the City". Livability, excitement, big city vibe, amenities, everything. You dont feel like your NEXT to some place special, but rather are IN some place special.

Your iconic outer boroughs are quite frankly forgettable next to SF.

But to each his own.

Quote:
Nobody's said that Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx provide the same amenities to the snotty-nosed super elites, and frankly, who cares?
I do. And so do retailers, so do marketers, apparel designers, major advertising firms and the like. And tourists, conventioneers, business conference organizers, hoteliers, airlines', etc. Not to mention major corporations, real estate developers and a host of other groups of people.

THAT'S WHY MANHATTAN IS NUMBER 1 ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH-Hello?

You dont care in the context of this comparison because you know you flat out LOSE. I get it, but why the run around?

Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Exactly, I am just an upper middle class American. I do not care what the supper rich do. This poster posts stats all the time about billionaires and wealth.... obsessed.
It's called sack-riding. He was probably the guy in high school who kept a log of all the hotties the captain of the football team banged. He was the high school equivalent of Mr. Smithers.

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/waylonsmithers1.gif (broken link)

"Here you go, sir. Looks like it's Vanessa after practice, Jennifer behind the bleachers after the game, and Melissa in the parking lot after the movies. Would you like flavored or unflavored condoms for your bangs, sir?"

Old 11-02-2011, 03:31 PM

36,658 posts, read 67,519,268 times
Quote:
It's called sack-riding. He was probably the guy in high school who kept a log of all the hotties the captain of the football team banged. He was the high school equivalent of Mr. Smithers.

"Here you go, sir. Looks like it's Vanessa after practice, Jennifer behind the bleachers after the game, and Melissa in the parking lot after the movies. Do you want flavored or unflavored condoms for your bangs, sir?"
This is a personal attack.

Is it because you can no longer debate the issue?

Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
No surprise, most of the over-the-top NYC homers aren't even from there. Just look at the post you're quoting. It's not grounded in reality.

Then you go and say Brooklyn, all by itself, probably beats the entire Bay Area. Because a high psm and the Brooklyn Children Museum is more significant than Silicon Valley, apparently. Be serious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City