U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-02-2011, 04:36 PM

5,368 posts, read 3,778,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
It's called sack-riding. He was probably the guy in high school who kept a log of all the hotties the captain of the football team banged. He was the high school equivalent of Mr. Smithers.

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/waylonsmithers1.gif (broken link)

"Here you go, sir. Looks like it's Vanessa after practice, Jennifer behind the bleachers after the game, and Melissa in the parking lot after the movies. Would you like flavored or unflavored condoms for your bangs, sir?"

^^^useless post. Uncalled for.

The point of the thread is very valid. To say that San Francisco cannot be compared to New York as a highly coveted lifestyle choice destination is absurd. San Francisco has tons to offer and stacks up well against anyplace. If its not your cup of tea, fine. That doesnt make any difference.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM

17,337 posts, read 9,814,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This is a personal attack.

Is it because you can no longer debate the issue?
I'm sorry. Did you say something, Smithers?

Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 PM

913 posts, read 715,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
No surprise, most of the over-the-top NYC homers aren't even from there. Just look at the post you're quoting. It's not grounded in reality.

Then you go and say Brooklyn, all by itself, probably beats the entire Bay Area. Because a high psm and the Brooklyn Children Museum is more significant than Silicon Valley, apparently. Be serious.
I'm not sure what anybody means by Brooklyn "beats" San Fran or the Bay Area. However, anybody who believes Brooklyn alone has more tourist attractions/better restaurants than San Francisco (or the entire bay area ) is out of their mind. If we are talking New York City, then that is an entirely different topic, and I would agree with that with out a doubt, but Brooklyn is not a functioning independent city.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM

25,106 posts, read 32,684,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
I'm not sure what anybody means by Brooklyn "beats" San Fran or the Bay Area. However, anybody who believes Brooklyn alone has more tourist attractions/better restaurants than San Francisco (or the entire bay area ) is out of their mind. If we are talking New York City, then that is an entirely different topic, and I would agree with that with out a doubt, but Brooklyn is not a functioning independent city.
Thank You.

I gladly concede that the city of New York beats SF in nearly, if not all topics I like to talk about.

Manhattan>>>>>>SF. Agreed. Yes. I've lived there, its amazing.

But Brooklyn>SF? Queens>SF? Since when?

Er, not even close.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:43 PM

5,583 posts, read 2,606,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
Totally agree with you here.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:44 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,152 posts, read 320,310 times
Quote:
No, people just dont know when to give up even when theyre wrong.

*yawns*

On paper and in person, SF mops the floor with any borough except the one you call "the City". Livability, excitement, big city vibe, amenities, everything. You dont feel like your NEXT to some place special, but rather are IN some place special.

Your iconic outer boroughs are quite frankly forgettable next to SF.

But to each his own.

I do. And so do retailers, so do marketers, apparel designers, major advertising firms and the like. And tourists, conventioneers, business conference organizers, hoteliers, airlines', etc. Not to mention major corporations, real estate developers and a host of other groups of people.

THAT'S WHY MANHATTAN IS NUMBER 1 ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH-Hello?

You dont care in the context of this comparison because you know you flat out LOSE. I get it, but why the run around?
The only borough SF wipes the floor with is SI and the BX. 3 of the 5 boroughs have SF beat in my opinion.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,152 posts, read 320,310 times
Quote:
Thank You.

I gladly concede that the city of New York beats SF in nearly, if not all topics I like to talk about.

Manhattan>>>>>>SF. Agreed. Yes. I've lived there, its amazing.

But Brooklyn>SF? Queens>SF? Since when?

Er, not even close.
No, this never existed. Alpine NJ never did either only in imagination.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM

17,337 posts, read 9,814,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
The only borough SF wipes the floor with is SI and the BX. 3 of the 5 boroughs have SF beat in my opinion.
Don't sleep on the Bronx, man.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:51 PM

5,583 posts, read 2,606,383 times
Imagine if I said the San Fernando Valley beats San Francisco. Hey, it's home to 1.5 million people and it's pretty diverse, right? It even has a few airports and some tourist attractions, are you feeling me?

?

I'd get hammered if I said that, and rightfully so. But this board is so NYC obsessed that if you say Queens > San Francisco some people actually nod their head in agreement. Madness.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:53 PM

5,368 posts, read 3,778,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Don't sleep on the Bronx, man.

Why is that your home borough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City