Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 AM

418 posts, read 805,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
I meant "numbers" as an overall in any area actually for both cities when attempting to compare Baltimore to Philly.. Which is why I said what I said about Baltimore. I'm not talking about Baltimore's decreasing population, or the physical size of Baltimore being considerably smaller. I encourage all places to "fix" themselves up. Your claim was that Baltimore was fixing itself up at a faster rate, which honestly it needs to.
As should philly, considering that large amounts of philly is just as crime ridden as baltimore. Something else that u probably would NOT know is that Baltimore is in a addition by subtraction phase... numbers dont tell the whole story...btw Baltimore downtown population has grown significantly, i know people from philly like to bring up downtown population A LOT.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:14 AM

857 posts, read 1,357,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
As should philly, considering that large amounts of philly is just as crime ridden as baltimore. Something else that u probably would NOT know is that Baltimore is in a addition by subtraction phase... numbers dont tell the whole story...btw Baltimore downtown population has grown significantly, i know people from philly like to bring up downtown population A LOT.
Ok, thanks.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:15 AM

418 posts, read 805,068 times
SirGreenDown, philly cant play the "population equals importance" game especially not with east coast cities.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
SirGreenDown, philly cant play the "population equals importance" game especially not with east coast cities.
I never said that was the case. If that were the case Philly and NYC would be the only ones that matter, since they're the biggest and most populated than the other east coast cities by a huge margin. Which I don't believe. You're making this into something it's not. Relax.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 AM

12,000 posts, read 12,848,474 times
Most of the cities in The Northeast share similar qualities but I would say Boston/Philly and Baltimore/DC are the most similar.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Most of the cities in The Northeast share similar qualities but I would say Boston/Philly and Baltimore/DC are the most similar.
I think that's true, I agree.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:03 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,937,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Other than proximity to one another, I dont really see many similarities between DC and Baltimore.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
Other than proximity to one another, I dont really see many similarities between DC and Baltimore.
I don't even consider DC and Baltimore NORTHeast. There's a more southern vibe/accent down there..but I do understand what he was saying, but people In DC and Baltimore would have more local and cultural similarities I think than with northeast cities (Philly, NYC, or Boston) IMO and experience.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 AM

12,000 posts, read 12,848,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
I don't even consider DC and Baltimore NORTHeast. There's a more southern vibe/accent down there..but I do understand what he was saying, but people In DC and Baltimore would have more local and cultural similarities I think then with northeast cities (Philly, NYC, or Boston) IMO and experience.
Exactly. Philly, Boston and NYC feel different than Baltimore/DC because in addition to the large African-American influence in these cities there is a huge influence of Irish/Italian/Hispanic immigrants, so to me there is a more diversified culture. The white people in DC are not from the city and don't share in the same traditions/culture that ALL RESIDENTS of Philly, NYC and Boston do.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 AM

976 posts, read 2,231,459 times
baltimore and st. louis are strikingly similar in nearly every category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City