Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Wyoming vs Montana vs Idaho
Wyoming 34 24.82%
Montana 55 40.15%
Idaho 48 35.04%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 09:18 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,115,474 times

Advertisements

I like Wyoming for the two flagship National Parks. ( SE corner (Cheyenne and Laramie) is ok I guess for the relative proximity to Denver).

I like the Biterroot-Flathead valley/Missoula area in Montana.

Not interested in Idaho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2015, 10:28 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,866,194 times
Wyoming, because as someone else said, it is mostly the home of Yellowstone, (its boundaries extend outside the state a little), and Teton, which beyond a doubt offers the most beautiful mountain range in North America, just ahead of the North Cascades in Washington State, IMO.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:04 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,807,379 times
So is everyone going to comment on the scenery alone, and nothing else?

Old 12-29-2015, 03:18 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
Well there's not much else really.

As far a cities it goes Idaho >> Montana > Wyoming

Old 12-29-2015, 07:16 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,377 times
I would go with Idaho. Beautiful scenery plus great cities like Boise andCoeur D'alene

Old 12-29-2015, 09:28 AM

5,976 posts, read 13,115,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by :-D View Post
For these three states? Yes. What else do these states have to offer except natural abundance?

Although if going by culture? Idaho probably in last place as it has a reputation for attracting xenophobic mindsets more than the other two states.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:17 PM

Well, to be fair, these states offer quite a bit more than scenery. Idaho is a great agricultural state, Wyoming is a great natural resource state, and Montana offers the same, though to a lessor degree. However, most visitors come not for those things, but for the scenery and the ability to get into nature. So appreciate the natural resources as much as you appreciate the scenery. Pretty simple.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:04 PM

2,452 posts, read 2,379,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
For these three states? Yes. What else do these states have to offer except natural abundance?

Although if going by culture? Idaho probably in last place as it has a reputation for attracting xenophobic mindsets more than the other two states.
This comes as a surprise to me, i've always been welcomed in Idaho. Boise is one of the friendliest cities i've been

Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 PM

Boise is the biggest and most "cultural" city between Seattle and Salt Lake. It is the best mix of wild west and sophisticated culture you will find in the region. I kind of like that mix, and apparently others do as well.

Old 12-30-2015, 12:02 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,807,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post

I'm sure the trio do offer things other than a beautiful landscape, though I think all three offer that. To be completely honest, outside of the shape, size or location of these, all three offer some sort of plain-like area (I think Southern Idaho isn't technically plains but it kind of looks like it and is flat like Eastern Montana/Wyoming, and is at the base of mountains), forests and tall, beautiful snow-capped mountains so in this way they are all sort of similar. They all have cold, dry winters, are mostly rural, and lean conservative. So what is there to separate the trio? If someone was comparing the three and could live in anywhere in either of them, what would be the benefit to say, pick Wyoming over the other two? Someone mentioned the cities in Idaho are better, and that could be one perceived benefit to Idaho over Montana and Wyoming, if that makes any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City