U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 08:02 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,223,805 times

Advertisements

Manchester NH, San Jose and Midway Chicago are my favorites for ease. Thought Las Vegas was cool for the slot machines. I really don't like LAX by far. Dirty, zoo like. Detroit is very nice, as is Tampa's easy airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 08:19 PM

1,122 posts, read 1,457,574 times
LAX has improved somewhat. I like to read yelp reviews. The new Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT) often gets great reviews for the new large, spacious terminal, food and shopping, lounges and connection to Terminal 4 but not 3 yet.
The under construction midfield concourse satellite will add more gates and connected to the TBIT via tunnel.

Lots of construction trying to update all the domestic terminals which were often criticized for its outated and dirty look, lack of food and shops, small/limited restrooms. I few have been updated but I wish they just tore them down and built brand new, but the airlines just wanted a facelift.

But the biggest complaints are TSA and security lines and rude employees. Not sure how to fix that.

But traffic into the airport is the worst. There are plans underway to address some of that with a people mover tram to bring people outside to different areas like Metro trains, buses transfer area. Also a place where people can park and wait for people. Maybe get an uber/lyft if that is still in business.Also a consolidated car rental area. This would help reduce all the mini-van, buses and car rental shuttles that contribute to congestion. Here is a video link about the people mover. But regardless, I'm not sure traffic will decrease. Induced demand. Freed up space will just get taken up by more people in cars especially as added capacity and increased travel will just more and more cars each year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOT1XXSbNQQ

Still im hopeful the expansion and remodel should help LAX. It would be great if LAX can just relocate somewhere with lots of space like in Palmdale, but that would just be too far. No other place with that much land left in SoCal. Everything is just developed.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:35 PM

5,383 posts, read 3,268,943 times
I loved the airports in Phoenix and Orlando.

Old 05-08-2018, 09:38 PM

5,440 posts, read 8,110,118 times
San Diego's airport is so convenient/easy to use. The location is amazing & the airport itself is nice. Best view coming in as well.

Last edited by Mezter; 05-08-2018 at 10:39 PM..

Old 05-08-2018, 10:19 PM

334 posts, read 810,612 times
Portland has the best domestic airport that I have been to.

It is clean and modern.

Plenty of food options. I love Blue Star Donuts.

Nice small playground for small kids.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:50 PM

345 posts, read 141,356 times
Best airports IMO:
Minneapolis
Tampa
Austin
Portland (OR)
Indianapolis
Savannah
Cincinnati (traffic is down dramatically though)
Denver (nice, although I've had huge number of weather delays there)

Worst airports:
LAX
McCarran
All NY airports (Newark, LGA, JFK less than the others, but still bad)
Orlando
Philly

Old 05-09-2018, 10:35 PM

13,420 posts, read 16,879,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan View Post
Best airports IMO:
Minneapolis
Tampa
Austin
Portland (OR)
Indianapolis
Savannah
Cincinnati (traffic is down dramatically though)
Denver (nice, although I've had huge number of weather delays there)
SAV is indeed an amazing airport ... No. 6 on Conde Naste’s list of the best US airports last year.

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries...wards-2014/amp

Old 05-10-2018, 07:03 AM

307 posts, read 441,931 times
First off US airlines are **** poor in comparison to Asian counterparts.

Second, I would say Boston Logan, O'hare, SFO, Denver, Miami, Detroit, and MPLS

Old 05-10-2018, 07:22 AM

406 posts, read 283,749 times
While I dont think my home airport (New York - JFK) is the best, it's not as bad as some on here make it. Some cons include the crowdedness, celebrities coming in and out (aka, paparazzi EVERYWHERE..have had encounters myself), an absolute nightmare traffic-wise, and the runways are messy. Other than that, for it being located in the biggest city in the country, it is not as nearly as messy IMO as LAX/other big city airports, has pretty good food options, pretty clean (esp. Terminal 4 JetBlue especially) and is a pretty reliable airport. LaGuardia on the other hand..

Some of my favorite airports I've been to:

San Diego
Long Beach, CA (MUCH better option than LAX)
Miami
Chicago (Midway)
Baltimore
SW Florida Intl. (RSW)
Orlando

Old 05-10-2018, 12:40 PM

10 posts, read 8,990 times
Top Ten
Indianapolis
San Francisco
Detroit
Portland
Cincinnati
John Wayne
Jacksonville
Sacramento
Minneapolis
Pittsburgh

Bottom Ten
JFK
LAX
La Guardia
Philadelphia
St. Louis
Cleveland
Chicago O’Hare
Newark
Miami
Boston

Five Best Smaller Airports
Bozeman
Providence
Long Beach
Savannah
Anchorage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or