U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 12:18 PM

2,368 posts, read 6,652,972 times

Advertisements

Did anyone mention Minneapolis/St. Paul's airport yet,I thought that was a pretty nice airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 12:49 PM

5,620 posts, read 13,304,201 times
I think the Honolulu airport is very nice. There is a lot of outdoor walkways that let you get in the beautiful Hawaiian air before you even leave the airport. It is confusing though.

Old 08-12-2007, 02:36 PM

153 posts, read 615,645 times
Arnold Palmer Airport in Latrobe, Pa. (35 miles from Pittsburgh) is my favorite. NW is the primary airline. No traffic getting to it, free parking even long term, drive up to the door and unload. No waiting in long lines. Friendly and helpful people. The building is attractive inside and out.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:14 PM

718 posts, read 2,440,945 times
I don't see how peopel can say Ohare(named after a ww2 ace) (formerly old ORCHARD airport), is the best. Just what are people smoking or drinking, and can i have SOME! They can't get a flight to leave on time if their LIVES depended on it. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that the chicago metro area only has 1 international airport and one national airport (whats up with that?).

Not to mention the roads going inbound to ohare particularly when comming from I90 can be a nightmare. The worst part is there is no trend in this, its all hit or miss....I have no lie, missed flights where i could have been on time, only to discover there was bumper to bumper traffic at the terminal drop offs, which can last you an hour from the time you pay the last exit toll to the time you drop someone off. Just stupid......

Not to mention the incompetant people who seem to work there. I flew into Oakland from ohare on time and the baggage people from united's chicago branch sent my bags to SF. I have no idea why...but their reasoning for why it wasnt such a big deal was 'well its right across the bay'. '"Well great" i said, "let me just get my dingy ready"...So stupid......

Best airport,and im not judging by architecture or other petty things, im talking about efficiancy. Id have to say SFO or Oakland, small organized condensed terminals, easy to read directions, good traffic flow into terminal drop off points,public transit connections via BART(even from far off suburbs), ACTRANSIT, etc, and low delays. In fact last week i flew into oakland from lagaurdia, didnt check my bags, and i was out of the place in less than 5 minutes(and that includes a bathroom break). The bay are has really efficiant airports, save san jose. I accredit most of this to the fact that the bay are has three airports and sacremento has 1.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:15 PM

Oh las vegas for a close second. Last time i was there, they had smoking booths...oh and slot machines

Old 08-12-2007, 04:18 PM

Also lets not forget the minute you get into ohare, if you park in the hourly or daily parking, there are homless people

a playing music, which is okay
b pan handling
c sleeping
d just being plane old dillusional/disgusting

Old 08-13-2007, 12:40 AM

4,514 posts, read 8,599,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
I don't see how peopel can say Ohare(named after a ww2 ace) (formerly old ORCHARD airport), is the best. Just what are people smoking or drinking, and can i have SOME! They can't get a flight to leave on time if their LIVES depended on it. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that the chicago metro area only has 1 international airport and one national airport (whats up with that?).

Not to mention the roads going inbound to ohare particularly when comming from I90 can be a nightmare. The worst part is there is no trend in this, its all hit or miss....I have no lie, missed flights where i could have been on time, only to discover there was bumper to bumper traffic at the terminal drop offs, which can last you an hour from the time you pay the last exit toll to the time you drop someone off. Just stupid......

Not to mention the incompetant people who seem to work there. I flew into Oakland from ohare on time and the baggage people from united's chicago branch sent my bags to SF. I have no idea why...but their reasoning for why it wasnt such a big deal was 'well its right across the bay'. '"Well great" i said, "let me just get my dingy ready"...So stupid......

Best airport,and im not judging by architecture or other petty things, im talking about efficiancy. Id have to say SFO or Oakland, small organized condensed terminals, easy to read directions, good traffic flow into terminal drop off points,public transit connections via BART(even from far off suburbs), ACTRANSIT, etc, and low delays. In fact last week i flew into oakland from lagaurdia, didnt check my bags, and i was out of the place in less than 5 minutes(and that includes a bathroom break). The bay are has really efficiant airports, save san jose. I accredit most of this to the fact that the bay are has three airports and sacremento has 1.
You either need to use the Blue line or take Amtrak.

Old 09-04-2007, 02:26 PM

345 posts, read 820,393 times
Favorite airport of mine is Jacksonville, Florida. Very attractive, bright, open air terminal. Security lines are easy. Easy to get in, easy to get out. Not overly busy. Maybe it's because Jacksonville isn't quite as large a market as others, but nonetheless, traveling through the Jacksonville airport is actually enjoyable for me.

Least favorite is Atlanta. Seems dark, dingy and dated to me. If you're gate isn't in the right place you don't have a place to eat (happened to me the most recent time I was there). Planes are backed up and late to the gate, which sucks if you have a connecting flight. And if you are switching planes (as many are), pray you don't have to go to the next terminal to get the connection, or you risk losing your seat (which almost happened to me once).

Old 09-04-2007, 02:56 PM

30 posts, read 104,656 times
Denver... definitely the most beautiful I've ever flown into.

Atlanta is also particularly clean and well-laid out. I found it very intuitive, and the people were very friendly and helpful.

I'm from St. Louis, but let me tell ya... don't come here expecting a nice airport. Ours is my least favorite I've seen! The east terminal is pretty good, but the rest... yikes.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 PM

12,284 posts, read 30,944,500 times
I've always enjoyed flying in and out of Orlando. Never a cause for agita. Well lit, spacious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or