Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 10:42 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times

Advertisements

Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is very efficient and easy to navigate with rail access to Center City Philadelphia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2009, 12:12 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,355,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is very efficient and easy to navigate with rail access to Center City Philadelphia.
Sorry, but I have to stongly disagree with this.

While the rail connection to CC is nice (we have that here in ATL also), the word efficient hardly comes to mind when describing PHL. The place is notorious for backups and delays, due to heavy traffic in the NE Corridor and weather issues.

It is an absolute dump of a terminal, filled with buckets to catch leaking rain water and populated by the most dour and obnoxious employees of any major airport in the U.S. It is an absolutely horrible gateway to the region, in every way.

I go out of my way to avoid PHL at all costs.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:21 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

While the rail connection to CC is nice (we have that here in ATL also), the word efficient hardly comes to mind when describing PHL. The place is notorious for backups and delays, due to heavy traffic in the NE Corridor and weather issues.

It is an absolute dump of a terminal, filled with buckets to catch leaking rain water and populated by the most dour and obnoxious employees of any major airport in the U.S. It is an absolutely horrible gateway to the region, in every way.

I disagree, I have never encountered the problems you speak of. The terminal looks great with all the renovations.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 PM

765 posts, read 1,859,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,207,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
PHL is known for being the complete opposite of efficient.

Old 06-06-2009, 03:43 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
I know it's not Miami. If you fly to South Florida, head to Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:05 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
How about this, what cities need a new airport not just a new terminal??? lol

Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
How about this, what cities need a new airport not just a new terminal??? lol
I heard ATL needs another one. Dosen't Hartsfield handle about all domestic and international passengers???

Old 06-06-2009, 04:15 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
I don't fly much, but I do make it to Tampa international often to pick up relatives and friends flying in. It is a very effecient Airport. Hardly ever any delays and it is always clean. First airport in the US to use monorails too. It was recently voted one of the county's best Airports by something ... can't remember what.
I agree. Tampa International is one of the nicest airports in the world. Seriously. They were WAY ahead of their time when they opened it back in the early 70s. Even though it's one of the busiest airports in the country, it's sooo easy and pleasant to get around the airport. From the time you arrive at the gate you can be at your car in less than 5 minutes because the parking deck was built on top of the airport terminal rather than off to the side. It's just a quick ride up the elevators.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:17 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,489,181 times
Tampa and Atlanta are two of the worst airports that I have went through
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City