U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:08 PM

1,984 posts, read 2,507,446 times

Advertisements

Tampa Bay and Orlando Metro. Those are the two that I can think of off the top of my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 PM

3,646 posts, read 4,026,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynwood View Post
I know, right?

One thing I can tell you about this ¨nightlife¨ thing, is that in Miami (where I live), it is rare to find any intellectualism in the nightlife, it is mostly hedonism. It´s all about seeing and being seen, drinking expensive cocktails, dressing sexy, beautiful people, act like you have money, maybe dance a little...guys want to get laid, and women want attention *and* sometimes want to get laid, blah blah blah, I have seen it a million times....

If the music is loud, there is no real conversation, only texting, so there is nothing to talk about except superficiality.
What´s funny is that most of the clubbys will tell you they just want to unwind. The problem is most of these people can barely carry on an informed intellectual-based conversation even in the daytime.

Ahhh yes... Miami nightlife. Excuse me while I go bang a hot chick now
1. Hedonism is awesome.
2. Miami is kind of an outlier, especially if you're talking about South Beach. Definitely not the kind of nightlife I'd want to experience every weekend, but DEFINITELY fun sometimes.
3. Many other cities with great nightlife (including Miami depending on where you go) that you can strike intelligent conversations all night. Especially in the lounges and classier bars.
4. Music is awesome.
5. Dancing is awesome.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:39 PM

23 posts, read 45,513 times
Rochester, NY

Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM

5,921 posts, read 7,225,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForYourLungsOnly View Post
1. Hedonism is awesome.
2. Miami is kind of an outlier, especially if you're talking about South Beach. Definitely not the kind of nightlife I'd want to experience every weekend, but DEFINITELY fun sometimes.
3. Many other cities with great nightlife (including Miami depending on where you go) that you can strike intelligent conversations all night. Especially in the lounges and classier bars.
4. Music is awesome.
5. Dancing is awesome.

6. Sex is awesome!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:12 PM

47,358 posts, read 67,289,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Philadelphia View Post
Rochester, NY
I agree....There's pretty much all kinds of nightlife in the Southeastern Quarter of the city and there are many family friendly communities in the area.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:51 AM

3,000 posts, read 3,661,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evissone View Post
What's the percentage of people, even for 18-35, frequent night clubs, bars and lounges on a weekly basis or more?
I don't have a figure, but I'd guess that in urban settings the percentage is quite high. I don't think of myself as a particularly social person, but there was a time in my 30s when, normally, I was going out to clubs at least once a week.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:28 PM

910 posts, read 1,303,037 times
Chattanooga, TN. Smaller city, but it has a pretty nice and walkable downtown and is only 2 hours from Atlanta.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:46 AM

3,646 posts, read 4,026,994 times
Milwaukee, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh are definitely all underrated

Milwaukee: Visited the first time not long ago and really enjoyed it. Its clean and has a "small town" feel in a city. The lakefront is wonderful. I'm a huge fan of Lake Michigan.

Cleveland: Awesome food, an evolving and growing city that has big plans and is actually following through with them.

Pittsburgh: Great universities, beautiful topography, some beautiful views of Downtown and, even though its not my thing, a sports culture that's hard to beat.

Old 06-26-2011, 09:49 AM

1,940 posts, read 3,598,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelbug76 View Post
Charlotte NC is wayyyyyyyyyy underated!!! Charlotte has sooooo much to offer. We just decided to take a roadtrip there for the weekend and fell in love with the city. Charlotte is most def a city to watch out for in the next 5-10yrs. There are alot of things to do there for any age.

You must work for the chamber of commerce, lol... Where is it?

Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 AM

337 posts, read 611,319 times
Baltimore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City