U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
Los Angeles 35 63.64%
Las Vegas 20 36.36%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2007, 06:16 AM
 
Location: Portland, Maine
4,180 posts, read 12,765,622 times
Reputation: 1603

Advertisements

I wouldn't want to live in either but LA if forced. The sections of LA I like are along the coast and that is way to expensive for me but at least it is there.

 
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,969,120 times
Reputation: 10048
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Can I gouge out your eyes with dull wooden spoons until you're kicking and screaming?
Only if you can figure out how to use a spoon.
 
Old 11-03-2007, 09:59 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, MO
3,742 posts, read 6,611,259 times
Reputation: 660
Can you sing, "L.A. Woman....L.A. Woman....L.A. Woman....L.A. Woman Sunday afternoon...L.A. Woman Sunday Afternoon....L.A. Woman Sunday Afternoon Drive Through Your Suburbs Into Your Blues....Into your blues, yea...Into your blue, blue blues..into your blues...ohhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!!" Las Vegas..."OHHHHHHHHHHH NO!!!!"
 
Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 AM
 
Location: St. Louis, MO
3,742 posts, read 6,611,259 times
Reputation: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Only if you can figure out how to use a spoon.
LMAO!!!!!!
 
Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 AM
 
Location: City of North Las Vegas, NV
11,215 posts, read 7,608,764 times
Reputation: 2973
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Vegas is turning into L.A. so fast I'm not even sure what the difference is anymore. Crime is really bad, traffic is really bad, and home prices are approaching California-levels in parts of town. These 3 story boxes they are building these days make me sick. I'd still vote for Las Vegas, since you can get out of town and be in the middle of the desert in no time. In less than an hour drive from anywhere in the city, you have Red Rocks state Park, Mt Charleston (cool off in the summer, go skiing in the winter), Lake Mead. A couple hours drive from Zion Nat'l Park and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Five hours from the beach when you get the urge to see it. Plus, there is nothing on earth like the Vegas strip for entertainment, a night out on the town.
Would not say that crime is really bad but its above average.
Traffic is still much worse in LA. Agree with your other points.
 
Old 11-03-2007, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,569,705 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
There's always the option of not participating in the thread...

Though my experience with Las Vegas is very limited, I would pick LA due to the fact that it is coastal.
We can post whatever we want. It's our opinion, and we'll make it heard. Welcome to the America, buddy... It's called "freedom of speech."

I like the "gouge my eyes out with a spoon and eat them, cut my ears off with scissors and eat them, cut my legs off and eat them like a chicken wing, and chop my freaking head off" option better. But that's just me.
 
Old 11-03-2007, 02:03 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,569,705 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Can I gouge out your eyes with dull wooden spoons until you're kicking and screaming?
You can try and gouge mine out, but I'd bet anything you wouldn't succeed... Thanks to boxing, baby.
 
Old 11-03-2007, 03:03 PM
 
Location: City of Angels
1,288 posts, read 4,579,913 times
Reputation: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
Vegas is turning into L.A. so fast I'm not even sure what the difference is anymore. Crime is really bad, traffic is really bad, and home prices are approaching California-levels in parts of town. These 3 story boxes they are building these days make me sick. I'd still vote for Las Vegas, since you can get out of town and be in the middle of the desert in no time. In less than an hour drive from anywhere in the city, you have Red Rocks state Park, Mt Charleston (cool off in the summer, go skiing in the winter), Lake Mead. A couple hours drive from Zion Nat'l Park and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Five hours from the beach when you get the urge to see it. Plus, there is nothing on earth like the Vegas strip for entertainment, a night out on the town.
It's very apparent that you've never been to LA or perhaps even to Vegas. They are nothing alike. And crime and traffic is something Vegas shares with every other major city in America.
 
Old 11-03-2007, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Oregon Coast
1,849 posts, read 6,135,174 times
Reputation: 1380
It's time to close this thread. There is too much off topic chat going on in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top