Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dallas vs. Calgary
Dallas 30 47.62%
Calgary 33 52.38%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Hippy View Post
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you should grow up yourself.

I'm not disagreeing with him. He stated that Dallas is "pretty clean" and posted a video "proving" it. I watched the video and saw nothing whatsoever about the city's cleanliness. So I'm asking him to clarify his comments. Where in that video does it say anything about cleanliness of Dallas? He made the statement, and I'm not going to "let it go" (much to your chagrin) until he answers the question. Or maybe you can answer if for him: where in that video does it suggest Dallas is clean?

Answer the question, and I'll "let it go". Easy as that.

Inevidebly?
That video has nothin to do with Dallas' cleanliness. I made a statement and I just posted a video about Dallas. BTW the Dallas Chamber of Commerce didn't make that video! A person made it.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 PM

199 posts, read 355,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Dallas is a beta world city.
Please tell me how that puff video piece suggests that Dallas is "pretty clean" like you said previously. What part of that video says anything about cleanliness. Please answer this question. What part of the video should I be washing wrt cleanliness?

Old 06-02-2011, 04:11 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Maybe you should grow up yourself.

I'm not disagreeing with him. He stated that Dallas is "pretty clean" and posted a video "proving" it. I watched the video and saw nothing whatsoever about the city's cleanliness. So I'm asking him to clarify his comments. Where in that video does it say anything about cleanliness of Dallas? He made the statement, and "I'm not going to "let it go" (much to your chagrin) until he answers the question. Or maybe you can answer if for him: where in that video does it suggest Dallas is clean?
Answer the question, and I'll "let it go". Easy as that.
Inevidebly?
The point is the way you assert yourself is vendetta like for Dallas and you don't know as much about it as you think you do. Add to that the fact "I'm not going to let it go until he answers the question" well you might as well just shoot yourself in the foot because it denotes you're incapable of having a civil discussion.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 PM

You said:

Quote:
Dallas is pretty clean too!

Look at this video
That suggests to me that I should look at the video to see how clean Dallas is. That is what you implied. And put together by the Chamber of Commerce or not, it is clearly a puff piece.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
The point is the way you assert yourself is vendetta like for Dallas and you don't know as much about it as you think you do. Add to that the fact "I'm not going to let it go until he answers the question" well you might as well just shoot yourself in the foot because it denotes you're incapable of having a civil discussion.
To the contrary, I just wanted him to answer the question. I do not have a vendetta for Dallas, and I'm more than capable of having a civil discussion. He finally has said that the video has nothing to do with cleanliness. But that's not how his initial comment read.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against me. That's the only vendetta I've seen in this thread.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:15 PM

6,693 posts, read 9,939,641 times
Quote:
You've listed malls. Calgary has many malls too. How does you listing malls mean that Dallas beats Calgary in retail? You didn't even give any facts for Calgary retail, so there's no basis for comparison. You just listed an bunch of Dallas malls. All cities have malls. What's your point?

As far as downtown shopping, there's no comparison. Downtown Dallas has nothing like CORE SHOPPING (http://www.coreshopping.ca/directory.php - broken link) or Stephen Avenue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Please name the upscale stores. Dallas has alot of them. Dallas has the most shopping centers per capita than any city in America.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
To the contrary, I just wanted him to answer the question. I do not have a vendetta for Dallas, and I'm more than capable of having a civil discussion. He finally has said that the video has nothing to do with cleanliness. But that's not how his initial comment read.

You seem to have a personal vendetta against me. That's the only vendetta I've seen in this thread.
Don't flatter yourself. The way you demand an answer to the question just so you can provoke him some more is what is immature and uncivil. Also saying Dallas is dirty and uninteresting, and so are its people. Come on now. Get real. That's just smacktalk. And then you say you're the recipient of a vendetta, Yah OK.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Holt Renfew is just as upscale as Neiman Marcus. And Calgary has "Gap, Banana Reublic, Old Navy, and H&M" too. And it has them downtown. You don't have to go to some suburban-styled auto-oriented mall to access them.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Don't flatter yourself. The way you demand an answer to the question just so you can provoke him some more is what is immature and uncivl.
I demanded an answer to the question because he made many posts without answering it. I wasn't provoking him. I was asking for an answer. So don't flatter yourself either.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:21 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,327,304 times
I suppose the term "urban hippy" would imply that they are far more uptight and pretentious than traditional hippies.

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City