River competition: Portland vs Pittsburgh
Both cities are similarly sized with alike topographies (so I hear). Both cities have two major rivers running through/adjacent to them (OK Pittsburgh technically has three, but ya know) so I think this could make for a good comparison.
Which city has the better riverfront and which utilizes it more effectively?
- More beautiful waterfront
- More used for recreation by locals
- Better use of river for economic purposes
- Better parks/bike trails/walking paths along the waterfront
- Which riverfront has better beaches
- Which city has built more impressive bridges over the rivers
- Which city takes better care (environmentally speaking) of their rivers
- Any other criteria I might be missing