Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...........
DC 49 44.95%
ATL 49 44.95%
Tied 11 10.09%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:58 AM

336 posts, read 768,016 times

Advertisements

Oh yea and beatin' ya feet beats anything the A has made

YouTube - ‪Beat Your Feet Kings‬‏

YouTube - ‪Beat Your Feet Kings [Battle]‬‏

YouTube - ‪Beat Your Feet Kings @ Apollo‬‏

YouTube - ‪Beat Your Feet Kings @ UDC‬‏

Old 06-23-2011, 08:15 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
C'mon now this really shouldn't even be a contest... ATL by a long shot, my homegirl from DC even says it. We even got the biggest dances in the Southeast starting in Atlanta, lastest one:

YouTube - ‪Beef It Up - Music Video‬‏
You're joking right???

Old 06-23-2011, 08:24 AM

199 posts, read 178,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
The difference is in DC proper people are taking the train, bus, walking, or biking. In Atlanta people are driving. That's why there is such a difference between the two cities. Also, the core of DC covers most of the city which is not the case in Atlanta. Atlanta is just built different.
Above argument has nothing to do with nightlife.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdsing View Post
Yes it is..

YouTube - ‪Killer Mike - Ghetto Extraordinary (Mini-Movie)‬‏

Now watch that video, notice how man times the NY dude kept calling ATL country lol.
Even Killer Mike says ATL is country, he's from ATL, sounds like he's from ATL, every thing about the man is country. and y'all accents.....lol.

I ain't gonna even lie there are ALOT of black people in the DC area that acts like they from ATL for some reason, its disgusts me of how they act so damn country.
Me personally, I'm my own person and I have a neutral, proper accent. Some people say I sound white but whatever.

Look how country DC is starting to get because of that ATL bs that made its up here"
DON'T BE A KENZO!!!___DON'T BE A KENZO!!!____DON'T BE A KENZO!!!___DON'T BE A KENZO!!!

Okay so I finally get it. You came down here and probably spent some time in the hood and they clowned you for sounding like a white suburbaner compared to them. That happens to a lot of supposed to be tough guys from up North and it's nothing to be ashamed of. But now you got a chip on your shoulder and you are retaliating by going on and on and on like the energizer bunny about how country Atlanta is.

Okay. How can I say this where you'll understand? It really doesn't matter how many immature street kids from D.C., NYC, Philly, where ever say Atlanta is country. It means absolutely nothing. It means less than nothing.

You calling us country 1 million times doesn't change the fact that Atlanta has added millions to it's population in the past few decades. It doesn't change the fact that we have the worlds busiest airport. or that our music industry dwarfs anything D.C. has or that fortune 500 companies keep flocking here or that foreign companies keep investing or that we have one of the nations top engineering schools, are a major major transportation hub, And have outstanding nightlife and entertainment!

Guess what. We may be "country" in your narrow minded view of the world and you can continue calling us country until you grow facial hair leave the house get a real job etc. and it still won't change any of the facts above. You're really just making yourself look like a Kenzo is all.

Don't make me have Killer Mike come get you like these other Kenzos.Listen as he talks to all the weak D.C. rappers
YouTube - ‪Mike Bigga (Killer Mike) feat. T.I. - Ready Set Go.‬‏

Last edited by Galounger; 06-23-2011 at 09:50 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 09:08 AM

199 posts, read 178,654 times
This thread went from nightlife to DC posters throwing put the tired density/walkability card to try to derail the thread or justify their $2000 rent. Let's get back on track.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:36 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,785,564 times
Quote:
D.C. is NOT the damn southeast.
Anybody in DC who likes ATL more then DC needs to move their country ass down there and I tell people that all the time. lol Y'all can have Flocka that n***** cannot rap!
D.C. Is country if Atlanta is.Yu guys listen to the most countriest s*&^^ I have heard.GO-GO !!!!If this aint country,then I dont know what is:

YouTube - ‪EU - Da Butt 1988‬‏

A song callled "Da Butt"?REALLY???EU is from D.C.!!Yall keep trying to push that crap down our throat ever so many years!!
Amerie tried it and now where is she?Oh well at least she look good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sELR5SLXABI

Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,734,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
D.C. Is country if Atlanta is.Yu guys listen to the most countriest s*&^^ I have heard.GO-GO !!!!If this aint country,then I dont know what is:

YouTube - ‪EU - Da Butt 1988‬‏

A song callled "Da Butt"?REALLY???EU is from D.C.!!Yall keep trying to push that crap down our throat ever so many years!!
Amerie tried it and now where is she?Oh well at least she look good!

YouTube - ‪Amerie - Why Don't We Fall In Love‬‏
Ludacris tried it. Kelly Roland tried it. Jill Scott tried it. Beyonce tried it. Where are they.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:22 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,291 times
Quote:
D.C. is NOT the damn southeast.
Anybody in DC who likes ATL more then DC needs to move their country ass down there and I tell people that all the time. lol Y'all can have Flocka that n***** cannot rap!
Lol!!! c'mon bruh you sound a lil, just a little mad... But honestly Flocka cool, I can vibe to his music, especially at the club or in the whip, different strokes for different folks

Quote:
Look at the number of ATL posters in this thread vs DC posters, its like twice or three times the amount of y'all then us. Not only that you guys are insecure and this somehow became a full blown DC vs ATL thread. Notice how much more people from ATL is pressing in this thread. Y'all are some country bumpkins I swear ya are.
City pride and love I guess, ain't nothing wrong with that, then again it probably ain't ordinary bruh (yung l.a. voice)

Quote:
Yes it is..

YouTube - ‪Killer Mike - Ghetto Extraordinary (Mini-Movie)‬‏

Now watch that video, notice how man times the NY dude kept calling ATL country lol.
Even Killer Mike says ATL is country, he's from ATL, sounds like he's from ATL, every thing about the man is country. and y'all accents.....lol.

I ain't gonna even lie there are ALOT of black people in the DC area that acts like they from ATL for some reason, its disgusts me of how they act so damn country.
Me personally, I'm my own person and I have a neutral, proper accent. Some people say I sound white but whatever.

Look how country DC is starting to get because of that ATL bs that made its up here"

YouTube - ‪Fat Trel - Respect With The Teck (Offical Music Video)‬‏

YouTube - ‪Tay Don - Black On Black Violence‬‏
"People call us country, but we's only southern" - Big Boi

Man I like how we talk down here, the culture of the natives in Atlanta is to literally make nothin outta somethin and make it and become something of yourself if you choose... I mean Atlanta is unique in its own way apart from every other city in America as well as every other major or recognized city in America, to say the least. But you we are the city to busy to hate, yeah that ain't ordinary bruh! LMAO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
You're joking right???
Yea, watch I promise you that dance is gonna get big, remember Hoods said it first on City-Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Yeah, the streets in DC have absolutely no cars on them and the trains, buses, and sidewalks in Atlanta are completely empty.

I agree that the built environment in DC is extensively denser than that of Atlanta, but I don't see how these two areas support your point. The first is an overpass, but on either side the buildings are built right up to the sidewalk. The second scene has a surface lot on one corner which I'll give you, but Centennial Park takes up the complete length of the other side of the street. The parking garage is brutalist and not aesthetically pleasing, but again, it's built right up to the street.
In what part of Atlanta?

Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM

2,848 posts, read 6,434,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Ludacris tried it. Kelly Roland tried it. Jill Scott tried it. Beyonce tried it. Where are they.
Actually, Kelly Rowland (from Atlanta) is huge in Europe. But it ain't because of Go Go.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:39 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,651,651 times
Default boredatwork

I'm from pg county md.....one of the proudest AA communities on earth but even I know too much pride leads to ignorance...this $#&% is a stalemate..just stop the presses
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.