U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 02:35 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,676,316 times

Advertisements

And for the love of god, never compare South Beach to Vegas. Both are tourist traps, but there is considerably more variety to Vegas, and that's putting it generously.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM

2,312 posts, read 2,584,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
And for the love of god, never compare South Beach to Vegas. Both are tourist traps, but there is considerably more variety to Vegas, and that's putting it generously.

LOL... clearly forgot his medication today.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
*Yawn* That's boring. Santa Monica is a nice family destination.

South Beach, otoh, is pure sex.
Yeah, all those 75 year old retirees on the beach are super hot. Sure you're not thinking of Rio de Janiero when you're making these comments?

Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, all those 75 year old retirees on the beach are super hot. Sure you're not thinking of Rio de Janiero when you're making these comments?
ROFLMAO... You are even more delusional and clueless than I thought. Amazing feat!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,756,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Historically, yes. Currently, no. Driving around Los Angeles listening to NWA would be like driving down the West Side Highway listening to Wu-Tang. While we all acknowledge the contribution and value of both groups, their music has become dated.

On the other hand, meeting up with your boys at the MIA airport, renting a convertible, and cruising into South Beach with the top down while listening to Rick Ross' "Super High" is right on time. That's exactly what I'll be doing in two weeks!
I FROM South Florida originally, and I prefer the new school(and old school) LA artist(Kendrick, Game, Odd Future, Ice Cube, Snoop, etc) to the New school Miami(Ross, Ace, Khaled etc). But Palm Beach County to the North of Miami has alot of untapped talent. YouTube a guy called 1hot from Delray Beach. I'm sure listening to Super High in a convertible on the way to SoBe would be fun though. I love that beat. The music video is kinda cheesy though.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 PM

28,266 posts, read 26,237,774 times
Quote:
Stop hating. You're just mad because Santa Monica doesn't have parties in the freakin' ocean like South Beach.

Miami Jouvert Saturday September 24 2011 Miami Carnival Warm Up @ Virina Key Beach - YouTube

Old 01-25-2012, 02:49 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,756,342 times
Quote:
You need to stop watching Golden Girls. The retirees are further North. I like LA, but this is getting ridiculous. LA>Miami overall. No doubt. But give Miami Beach credit where credit is due.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:51 PM

47 posts, read 36,325 times
not to mention the fact that he thinks I am you, or that you are whoever I don't really know I guess he thinks everybody from the east coast is 1 person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
ROFLMAO... You are even more delusional and clueless than I thought. Amazing feat!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
LOL... clearly forgot his medication today.
You really think South Beach holds a candle to the Vegas strip in terms of places of interest? That's funny.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I wasn't trying to take a shot at you, or Midtown Manhattan. I would live there for sure.

And I have met tons of people (most of my friends) that think I am crazy for living here. I don't think they are clueless either. The reason I think you are ignorant is not because you don't want to live here. It is saying things like

which is just false. Because how would you even know? By driving through it?
Exactly! By driving through it!

When I go to London, Chicago, Boston, Buenos Aires, SF, etc. I don't feel like I need a car. Because they have a dense, concentrated core and great PT. In LA I do. Why? Because (i) it's too spread out with large areas of (relatively) low density housing that have nothing of interest and (ii) inadequate PT to quicky and efficiently cover the large area.

That's my definition of what is a walkable environment, not whether you can actually walk from point A to point B. Heck, you can walk coast to coast if you want.

Now I know we've had our debate on whether you need a car in LA, and I don't mean to rehash it, but this is my view. Accept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City