Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:09 PM

142 posts, read 212,243 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles has many charms and many things to do, not even in Los Angeles, nearby cities. It has nice beaches (but cool water), lots of things do to daytime. Nice weather.

Miami has freaking hot & humid weather 8 months, Nice and Warm beaches, great nighttime.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:58 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,608,041 times
To me Miami is Miami Beach & Coconut Grove. You can vacation without needing a car [rent bikes or walk]. During winter there is no place besides Hawaii as comfortable as south Florida. Winter ocean temps are almost as warm as SoCal summer water temps. It is a big party & lots of fun. But by April it is too hot & humid for most Californians used to year-round outdoor life. I like the Latino feel of Miami.

I disagree about nightclubs, if that's one's scene. Everything is conveniently located in Miami Beach but the number of clubs & "famous" night life makes Los Angeles more exciting. Ocean Street in Miami has some nice clubs but is not in the same league as Sunset Strip. Unfortunately it is more expensive in LA.

There's more to do in California than Florida & Miami is a fraction the size of LA but winter in Miami Beach is wonderful

Old 10-12-2008, 11:38 PM

655 posts, read 2,182,869 times
Personally, I'm a fan of Miami. Los Angeles seems so inconsistent - there isn't much of an attraction to LA for me. Miami, at least, is more of New York's little brother, and I like that a lot more. The people have the same go-getter attitude, and the Hispanic populations are similar. And the nightlife is comparable to that of NYC as well.

Something about LA just doesn't do it for me.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:30 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdallas View Post
I totally agree with this post. The city of MIAMI BEACH is what everyone thinks of. The city of Miami does not really have that much nightlife, except maybe in Coconut Grove. Someone mentioned traffic. Miami's traffic is almost as bad as LA and public transportation is about the same, maybe even a bit better in LA. People in LA can actually drive...not the case in Miami. And finally, the people in LA, although somewhat plastic, are MUCH nicer than rude Miami folks.
ITs all consider Miami ......Miami city limits arent that big since its just right over a bridge we still considerate miami I am from there and it will always be miami to me. Everything in LA close to early like 2:30 am way to early

Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,499,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
ITs all consider Miami ......Miami city limits arent that big since its just right over a bridge we still considerate miami I am from there and it will always be miami to me. Everything in LA close to early like 2:30 am way to early
If that's the case, then Malibu, Beverly Hills, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Riverside, Burbank, Inglewood, Anaheim, Daly City, and many others should be considered LA.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:01 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,686,497 times
Los Angeles

Old 03-04-2009, 12:11 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,004,955 times
Both are great cities. Miami is better but I would live in LA in a second also. I am much more of a east coast person though and Miami has somewhat of an East Coast feel. But really its a Caribbean Latin American type city. It is more dense than you dont need to drive nearly as much. Traffic in LA is much worse! Miami traffic is really not that bad compared to NYC,LA,Chicago or DC. It really is not that bad. The drivers are bad but the traffic is not.
LA has better weather if you live near the coast. Miami does not have earthquakes but has Hurricanes but you get a few days warnings for Hurricanes. Miami night life is much better. Miami is close to the Caribbean and Europe makes it easier to travel unless you want to go to Asia or the Pacific.
Miami is a bit cheaper too in most aspects. I have noticed that large houses in Miami are more expensive than in LA.
Miami Beaches are much much nicer as long as your not a surfer. Water is warm and crystal clear. Miami is much cleaner and has one of the best air qualities for a large city. LA is smog heaven.
But really both cities are great and have a lot of similar aspects. Many just think of Miami as a smaller LA. And I think Smaller is better in this situation.
Both are great cities.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM

2,722 posts, read 6,110,810 times
Party in the city where the heat is on.
All night on the beach 'til the break of dawn.
Welcome to Miami. Bienvenido a Miami.
Bouncing in the club where the heat is on.
All night on the beach 'til the break of dawn.
Will Smith says Miami.
I'm going to Miami.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 PM

21 posts, read 59,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munga View Post
OMG! and to think all the New York transplants go to L.A. to pursue careers in the entertainment industries and to get away from it all, your so not wit it. To say that Miami is New York's little brother...no I don't think so more like L.A. (do you whatch Seinfeld which is a good example of this)
You have no clue what you're talking about.

Florida is the #1 destination for NYers moving out of the tri-state area. Florida is #1 for NY travels. It's been that way for a long time. LA has nothing in common...except that there are so many LA transplants in Miami who wanted to get away from LA.

And LA is larger so it has more to do, but Miami is much cleaner and nicer than LA.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:29 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,419 times
Toss up. I'd rather live in Miami, but if you can't really go wrong with LA, either. Both nice cities, but there is more to do in LA- that's pretty obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City