U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2012, 09:44 AM

2,279 posts, read 2,567,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
How do you know what time of the day these streetviews were shot at? Dude you should stop going off of google maps for your vibrancy judgements

I was not demonstrating vibrancy just now but the general set-up since you had no idea what was so special about Lincoln Road.

But I can also assure you -- from personal experience -- that Lincoln Road is more vibrant. Because of the aforementioned alfresco dining and the more intimate set-up and because the action continues late into the night. SM promenade is cute, but far too sterile.

And did you see the snapshots of Ocean Avenue vs. Ocean Drive? Would you like to reconsider your statement? Or do you want to continue being a hopeless homer like Raymond and Calison?

Old 01-25-2012, 09:45 AM

9,832 posts, read 7,649,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzrovian View Post
Walkscore is something that people like you need to check to figure out if they live in an actual city or not. I am glad it makes you feel better.
This from someone who pointed out that SoBe's 3 blocks o' fun scored in the 90s. Hypocritical AND ignorant. Winning combo there.

I see you're playing the google map game now, and calling it facts. I've seen hurricanes that were more helpful towards Miami's cause.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM

Quote:
How do you know what time of the day these streetviews were shot at? Dude you should stop going off of google maps for your vibrancy judgements

PS I don't really want to defend the Promenade. What a soulless yuppy land. I'll take me some Ocean Front Walk in Venice Beach any day over either of those places. Just not really my scene.
Ocean Front Walk? Yeah, it's okay but it's essentially equivalent to the Hollywood (FL) Boardwalk.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 AM

10,087 posts, read 13,064,987 times
Quote:
I was not demonstrating vibrancy just now but the general set-up since you had no idea what was so special about Lincoln Road.

But I can also assure you -- from personal experience -- that Lincoln Road is more vibrant. Because of the aforementioned alfresco dining and the more intimate set-up and because the action continues late into the night. SM promenade is cute, but far too sterile.

And did you see the snapshots of Ocean Avenue vs. Ocean Drive? Would you like to reconsider your statement? Or do you want to continue being a hopeless homer like Raymond and Calison?
I'm actually surprised that you don't like sterile environments, coming from Midtown Manhattan.

I don't like Santa Monica all that much, like I said it is too corporate for me, it is where my friends from the Valley and beyond come to LA to hang out. I prefer Hollywood, East Hollywood, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Los Feliz.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
This from someone who pointed out that SoBe's 3 blocks o' fun scored in the 90s. Hypocritical AND ignorant. Winning combo there.

I see you're playing the google map game now, and calling it facts. I've seen hurricanes that were more helpful towards Miami's cause.
Yeah, that's much better data that the fairytales you've been spinning. You ever heard "a picture is worth a thousand words"?

I'll let rational people make their own judgements. You are hopeless.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
I'm actually surprised that you don't like sterile environments, coming from Midtown Manhattan.

I don't like Santa Monica all that much, like I said it is too corporate for me, it is where my friends from the Valley and beyond come to LA to hang out. I prefer Hollywood, East Hollywood, Silver Lake, Echo Park, Los Feliz.

In that case, would you like to retract your support for the following statement from pwright?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, "an empty and lifeless stretch of a six lane highway", BS! Stop embarrassing yourself.
Quote:
Next thing you know he'll be saying how Venice Beach has no character - or that it is like the "suburbs" by the sea!

Do you agree more with me on the Ocean Drive vs. Ocean Avenue comparison or with pwright? Let's hear it just for the record.

Old 01-25-2012, 09:55 AM

10,087 posts, read 13,064,987 times
Quote:
In that case, would you like to retract your support for the following statement from pwright?

Do you agree more with me on the Ocean Drive vs. Ocean Avenue comparison or with pwright? Let's hear it just for the record.
Are you for real? That is seriously childish. It looks like Ocean Drive is more happening, and yes it seems like I would prefer it. But Ocean Ave is far from an "empty and lifeless stretch of 6 lane highway". I'm guessing you drove down the PCH once and mistook it for Ocean Ave.

I don't have that much experience in SaMo but I have been there about 5 times. Every time it was packed with people and seemed very alive. It's just not my scene and Miami Beach seems to especially not be my scene.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Are you for real? That is seriously childish. It looks like Ocean Drive is more happening, and yes it seems like I would prefer it. But Ocean Ave is far from an "empty and lifeless stretch of 6 lane highway". I'm guessing you drove down the PCH once and mistook it for Ocean Ave.

I don't have that much experience in SaMo but I have been there about 5 times. Every time it was packed with people and seemed very alive. It's just not my scene and Miami Beach seems to especially not be my scene.

Yeah it just "looks" that way. I photoshoped all those snapshots, including the one of the 6 lane highway with not a soul in sight that you call "Ocean Avenue" in SM.

Nice one.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM

14,111 posts, read 22,691,882 times
Quote:
Ocean Front Walk? Yeah, it's okay but it's essentially equivalent to the Hollywood (FL) Boardwalk.
Yeah, Hollywood FL's boardwalk is the Florida equivalent to Venice Beach. But honestly, Hollywood FL boardwalk is inferior to Venice Beach.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yeah, Hollywood FL's boardwalk is the Florida equivalent to Venice Beach. But honestly, Hollywood FL boardwalk is inferior to Venice Beach.
Agreed. But that is a far more appropriate analogy for Venice Beach than the delusional comparisons to South Beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City