U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 PM

43 posts, read 159,054 times

Advertisements

Out of the three, (Montreal, NYC and Boston). I'm just a bit curious. I'm gonna go to all 3 cities but want to know which city gets the coldest and most snow/rain in the winter and for how long and which city is also the most humid?
Thanks =)
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 AM

22,969 posts, read 28,454,239 times
All three are cold and humid in the winter. All three get snow and rain in the winter.

Montreal is the coldest and snowiest. Followed by Toronto. Then Boston. Boston would get the most rain but still see some snow. Toronto would get mostly snow but some rain as well. Then Montreal which is predominantly snowy with some occasional rainy periods.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 AM

4,415 posts, read 5,723,096 times
In my experience, NYC and Boston are the most humid and Montreal is the coldest.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:41 AM

605 posts, read 1,265,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusciousEyes View Post
Out of the three, (Montreal, NYC and Boston). I'm just a bit curious. I'm gonna go to all 3 cities but want to know which city gets the coldest and most snow/rain in the winter and for how long and which city is also the most humid?
Thanks =)

Id say Toronto is the coldest and least humid in the summer. New York is definitely the warmest in the winter, and the hottest of the three in the summer.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:53 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,533,112 times
Montreal is definitely the coldest, but I'm not sure to what extent that matters. Once it's cold, you bundle up, you deal with it. Boston and New York are about the same, though Boston does often get more snow.

Did I miss a question about Toronto, I see a few people mentioning it.

Old 07-27-2011, 08:57 AM

22,363 posts, read 32,857,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
Montreal is definitely the coldest, but I'm not sure to what extent that matters. Once it's cold, you bundle up, you deal with it. Boston and New York are about the same, though Boston does often get more snow.

I personally find Boston (when compared to NYC) more cold in the winter and less hot in the summer. Not a huge difference but noticiable. NYC is closer to Philly (almost identical weather) and DC than it is to Boston from my experience.

Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 AM

22,969 posts, read 28,454,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
Oops! My blunder. I am the one who mixed Toronto in there...

Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM

4,110 posts, read 3,899,278 times
Montreal

Old 07-27-2011, 01:32 PM

95 posts, read 149,972 times
All 3 cities have cold, snowy and rainy winters, but Montreal gets more snow and is colder.
NYC is the least snowiest and slightly milder than Boston.

As you being from Sweden, you will see Montreal having the most similar temperature. But Montreal gets much more sunshine and daylight!

Summers in all three cities are very similar (Very warm to hot & humid), with NYC being slightly the warmest and also more humid.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:38 PM

22,363 posts, read 32,857,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apple View Post
All 3 cities have cold, snowy and rainy winters, but Montreal gets more snow and is colder.
NYC is the least snowiest and slightly milder than Boston.

As you being from Sweden, you will see Montreal having the most similar temperature. But Montreal gets much more sunshine and daylight!

Summers in all three cities are very similar (Very warm to hot & humid), with NYC being slightly the warmest and also more humid.

One thing is I believe that NYC actually larger (but more infrequent) single snowfalls than either but on average gets less snow each year.

The Noreasters slam NYC pretty hard when they hit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City