Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 PM

650 posts, read 1,326,921 times

Advertisements

I-80 gets very boring after the Delaware Water Gap on the NJ/PA border, yeah the scenery is beautiful but mountain after mountain after mountain for 500+ miles feels like you're getting nowhere, I hate it. Plus you have no phone service whatsoever so you have no choice but to look out the window and see the same thing for hours an hours. This was the most painfully annoying ride I've experienced, I didn't even want to return home because of this drive. I prefer I-78 over I-80, it's rural but at least it's way more populated, to bad they don't go the same places even though they run parallel somewhat, I-78 starts in Manhattan and "officially" ends in Central PA although it just simply merges with I-81 and heads south.

Lol @ everything south of I-80 being irrelevant, 90% of NYC is south of I-80, Philadelphia, D.C., the whole Sunbelt and so much more is south of I-80. Get out of here with that nonsense. If anything it'd sooner be the other way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 07:36 PM

5,003 posts, read 5,973,386 times
I've driven all of I-80 and about half of I-10 and I can't say that I'm impressed with either. They're both better than I-40 which I've also driven in entirety. If I had to chose, I guess I-10 is a little more interesting. You can be on I-80 in Wyoming in the middle of the day and able to see for over 10 miles in either direction and still not see another car.

I'm more of an urban person. I'd rather drive I-95 than either of those.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM

20,513 posts, read 33,513,431 times
I see someone mentioned the san antonio- el paso part in Texas as boring. While I don't actually disagree with that and I never drove that entire part. I'll take that over the Pensacola- Tallahasee interstate 10 section. Everytime we drove from Centex to Miami, we dread the panhandle of Florida. Most boring part of the trip. Nothing interesting about that section at all. To keep you busy, count the number of trees you'll see. Because that is all you're going to see.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:54 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,573,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Easy View Post
I've driven all of I-80 and about half of I-10 and I can't say that I'm impressed with either. They're both better than I-40 which I've also driven in entirety. If I had to chose, I guess I-10 is a little more interesting. You can be on I-80 in Wyoming in the middle of the day and able to see for over 10 miles in either direction and still not see another car.

I'm more of an urban person. I'd rather drive I-95 than either of those.
You want a better drive, try I-90: Boston to Seattle! Big cities, small towns, forests, mountain passes, prairies, plains.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:43 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I see someone mentioned the san antonio- el paso part in Texas as boring. While I don't actually disagree with that and I never drove that entire part. I'll take that over the Pensacola- Tallahasee interstate 10 section. Everytime we drove from Centex to Miami, we dread the panhandle of Florida. Most boring part of the trip. Nothing interesting about that section at all. To keep you busy, count the number of trees you'll see. Because that is all you're going to see.
I-10 is to Florida what I-80 is to Pennsylvania. Both are major Interstates, but neither do either of their states justice.

With that said, one advantage to the "boring" Interstates is less traffic, which means that you won't get stuck behind people who don't belong in the left lane as often.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:18 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I agree. Houston to Mobile/Pensacola is a nice trip, a metro area roughly each hour.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:47 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,323,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northeasternlove View Post
Interstate 80...everything located south of of I-80 is sort of..irrelevant, aside from Phily and DC. SF has Silicon Valley, Chicago is a traditional manufactural center, and NYC...well, it's NYC.

LA? Houston? Jacksonville? LOL! Try again later!
A lot of the oil and gas that powers your beloved cities comes from down here. It is quite a bit more important than you might think.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:32 PM

322 posts, read 614,305 times
People from the Northeast think that the only place in the world that matters is the northeast...I wonder how screwed up their lives would be if the south stopped contributing what it does to everyday life and culture lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City