Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which one wins for you?
Disney's Magic Kingdom 21 63.64%
Disneyland Park 12 36.36%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 04:17 PM

503 posts, read 800,677 times

Advertisements

Out of the two parks, which one do you believe is superior?

Better Rides:
Better Food:
Better Entertainment:
Better Themed Areas:
Better Location:
Better shopping:
Better Transit to and from the parks:
Better transit around the park:
Etc...

I personally like Disneyland park better because i think it has more to offer, & better rides, but I don't like how its overly crowded at times.

I like the food and entertainment at The Magic Kingdom better..and think they have the better transportation.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 05:01 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
For me there is no question Disneyland is better. Ive been to both.

The original classic rides, many of which are smaller or dumbed down at Magic Kingdom.
I like the layout much better where you can freely move from area to area. Magic Kingdom was more like hub/spokes.
Anaheim has much more pleasant weather than Orlando.
Both have resorts and many hotel options, of course Orlando just has more.
I also love the Disney history....

Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 AM

12,866 posts, read 22,026,395 times
I like Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom. However, I'll take WDW over Disneyland any day.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,960,897 times
Disneyland is better than Magic Kingdom. However, Walt Disney World blows Disneyland out of the water. As a child, I never asked to go to Disneyland, I always asked to go to Disney World.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:49 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,008,156 times
Ok Disneyland and Magic Kingdom Disneyland by a mile! Disney World and Disneyland resort Disney World Orlando much better.

But between the two Disneyland takes everything. Number one better weather, number two smaller and less walking.
Less crowds.
Better people in the crowds.
Better food.
LESS CROWDS! Such a big one had to say it twice
Orginial Rides
Better city (LA is near by rather drive and hour to LA then 20mins to Orlando.
More rides.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:36 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,891,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I like Disneyland vs. Magic Kingdom. However, I'll take WDW over Disneyland any day.
This seems to be a pretty consistently held view by people who have been to both enough times to really know them. Disney World as a total resort is great, but the Magic Kingdom standing on its own pales compared to Disneyland. Outside of the park, I find the differences really interesting, too, with the one being in a massive, sprawling, essentially empty space that is completely controlled by Disney, while the other is in a dense, urban space, shoe horned in to the city. Aesthetically, I really enjoy the surrounding Anaheim over Lake Buena Vista. But as I said, total resort vs. a single park in an interesting city wins out.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:48 AM

2,168 posts, read 5,054,033 times
If all we are comparing is these 2 parks, then the nod has to go to Disneyland simply because it has more rides. Indiana Jones, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, 20K Leagues, and a few others are only at Disneyland. Space Mountain is better IMO due to the in-car soundtrack and smoother ride, and Pirates of the Caribbean is just far, far superior being double in length.

However, there are some things better at Magic Kingdom. Haunted Mansion is better since it has new additional scenes and a new interactive graveyard queue, Splash Mountain has side-by-side seating and is longer, and Jungle Cruise has an indoor temple section. I also much prefer Cinderella Castle over Sleeping Beauty Castle as the park centerpiece.

That said, as others have noted a vacation to either resort would include a visit to the other parks. There is no touching WDW when compared to any other theme park resort area.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:03 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Every post has Disneyland better than Magic Kingdom, but I think most are voting for Disneyworld vs Disneyland for some reason.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:02 AM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
Outside of the park, I find the differences really interesting, too, with the one being in a massive, sprawling, essentially empty space that is completely controlled by Disney
It's fascinating, Disney is literally the local government over a 40 sq. mi. area. They essentially can do whatever they want within that zone.

Reedy Creek Improvement District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Magic Kingdom ANY DAY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City