Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 AM

198 posts, read 653,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Dirtest=phoenix

Cleanest=San Francisco

Is this comment backwards?
You cant even speed in Phoenix without getting a glamour pic and a bill.

They are everywhere in Phoenix, and when they are not..

These guys are in random places.

Downtown is almost to clean
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 11:20 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,391,564 times
I was right

"New Orleans was also voted the least clean destination, with the Minneapolis-St. Paul area occupying the top spot."

Travel + Leisure says New Orleans is tops for live music, cocktails and cheap eats - Money - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com

Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 AM

210 posts, read 845,535 times
Quote:
Dirtest=phoenix

Cleanest=San Francisco
San Francisco actually has a lot of filth in some streets. Mos Def not the cleanest.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:27 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,009,685 times
My point is posting some clean areas of a city is pointless to prove the city is actually clean or not. Nasty things catch people's eyes more and usually can overshadow the cleaner areas. You usually don't get to know how dirty a city actually is by looking at pictures online because very few people, if any, are taking pictures of filty areas of a city, except for the ones posted here for New York.

Quote:
Yeah what's your point?

Old 06-03-2009, 02:18 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,915,856 times
Default I would say..

that the cleanest is Minneapolis-St. Paul, while the dirtiest could be one of a dozen cities..

Old 06-03-2009, 02:42 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default The Dirtiest And The Cleaniest Cities In America

The Cleaniest Cities Would Have To Be Hands Down...Honolulu HI and Salt Lake City....Portland...San Diego....Los Angeles CA..Seattle...Denver .....Minneapolis/St. Paul...Phoenix....Tucson...Tulsa OK....Etc.

The Dirtiest No Doubt About It Would Have To Be...New York City and most of the Large East Coast Cities......

Old 06-03-2009, 07:29 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,009,685 times
The twin cites can be considered very clean for a city its size, but I've seen several college towns much cleaner. For selecting the cleanest city, you really have to set a minimum population constraint. Otherwise lots of small towns in the south are very very clean and it is hard to pick one because they are almost impeccable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
that the cleanest is Minneapolis-St. Paul, while the dirtiest could be one of a dozen cities..

Old 06-03-2009, 07:45 PM

40 posts, read 54,907 times
^^ I'll take it back phoenix is clean and as for New York just filthy and nasty. Yuck!! After I saw page 1 of this forum, I saw the truth.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,819,979 times
The dirtiest major city I've been to was Tijuana. Not counting that, it was Washington, DC, which was much cleaner, but it was absolutely filthy in comparison to Portland or Seattle, or even Las Vegas.

Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM

198 posts, read 653,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
My point is posting some clean areas of a city is pointless to prove the city is actually clean or not. Nasty things catch people's eyes more and usually can overshadow the cleaner areas. You usually don't get to know how dirty a city actually is by looking at pictures online because very few people, if any, are taking pictures of filty areas of a city, except for the ones posted here for New York.

I understand what your saying, But the City of Phoenix is absolutely on top of its stuff, they hire so many private contractors to maintain their things, Ive never seen every single bus stop in a city get pressure washed and wiped down once a week.

Ive been to many cities, states ect, The pictures make it obvious NYC is filthy, but 16,000ppsm will do that, Fayetteville, NC is probably the dirtiest town ive ever been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City