U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 02:05 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,658,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudewiththeplan View Post
You complain about NYC city being dirty atlatnaATL, but Atlanta was one of the more dirty cities I have seen. Especially on the interstates (Georgia in general seems this way). You can drive in from a neighboring state and immediately see the difference.

My opinion boo !!!!! Nyc is 10 times dirtier than Atlanta . And i am not complaining i answered what the topic was about which was what city was the dirtiest city and cleaniest and i gave why. I never said Atlanta was the cleaniest and i never said it was dirty but the topic asked which was the dirtiest and from my experience NYc was , if i felt like Atlanta was then i would have said Atlanta.You feel like Atlanta is dirty thats your opinion Im not saying that you are conplaining or bashing because thats your opinion and your views. But dont come after me because i am only doing what the thread talked about. This is not an attack someone elses opinion thread. I respected your opinion can you please respect mine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM

8,900 posts, read 12,703,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Its the locals that Throw trash out there windows big garbage piles sitting behind empty lots etc

And you were here long enough to see many locals throwing trash out the window, right? If you're a tourist, you can't tell the difference between a tourist and a local. When you live here, you can tell the difference.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,658,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
And you were here long enough to see many locals throwing trash out the window, right? If you're a tourist, you can't tell the difference between a tourist and a local. When you live here, you can tell the difference.

Yes i was there long enough . tourist dont put that much trash out. in brooklyn and bronx etc all over those bouroughs its dirty Rats were running around like humans the subways were dirty and smelled like ****. Its what i saw and smelled everyday. But again i Love NYC but only to visit i enjoy having a front and back yard and acres not living on top of 50 million people. Now this is my last post responding to you are anyone else i have made my statement and now i am going to leave it at that so if you wanna debate go right ahead and do it by yourself

Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM

1,694 posts, read 4,952,920 times
dirtiest NYC hands down..no other city compares and im from SF where downtown is pretty filthy in parts but not even a smidgen close on the scale compared to new york.
cleanest either Boston or Denver or Seattle

Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 PM

674 posts, read 1,601,975 times
Dirtiest-Nyc
Cleanest-???

Old 05-01-2009, 08:40 PM

7,336 posts, read 15,302,120 times
Denver was pretty clean. A lot of Northeastern cities can be considered dirty (I've seen filthy sections of Boston, New York, Philly, D.C., Baltimore, etc as well as clean ones), but I don't know which I'd consider the dirtiest.

Denver was the cleanest I've seen (Seattle was close) and I'd have to go with Detroit as the dirtiest, but not by much. Calcutta, India (Kolkata) was a billion times dirtier than anything you've seen in the U.S. Hong Kong wasn't bad (though there were sections). Tokyo was impressive as was Madrid, Spain. Quebec City, Canada is pretty pristine and so is Toronto... very impressive for North American cities.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:50 PM

12,391 posts, read 23,766,008 times
dirtiest, nyc...cleanest, minneapolis ...this is big cities now... plenty of smaller ones... outside the u.s.? Zurich/Bern/Geneva

Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 PM

9 posts, read 32,262 times
lol.

Atlanta is not even close to dirty. It's definatley clean and all those trees in GA give good oxygen.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:41 AM

19,865 posts, read 18,312,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
dirtiest, nyc...cleanest, minneapolis ...this is big cities now... plenty of smaller ones... outside the u.s.? Zurich/Bern/Geneva
I remember the airport in Zurich, it was not clean, it was sterile

Old 05-11-2009, 12:19 AM

493 posts, read 494,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenOR View Post
I find it funny that some are arguing that Los Angeles is a clean city. To those people: have you ever been downtown, say 5th & Grand area (Skid Row)? Serious, I use to work in Fashion District, and Warehouse District, and it was filthy. I saw people crapping in the gutters all the time. The streets are completely filled with trash, and the entire area smells like urine. To top that off, you can literally watch people shooting heroin in this area on a regular basis.

As for cleanest, I would say Portland, Oregon and San Diego, California.
Yes, anyone trying to claim L.A. is a clean place is out to lunch. Air is the worst in the country and some of the downtown districts are just as grit, grime and garbage filled as the worst anywhere else.

Portland and San Diego are pinnacles of cleanliness compared to LA, NYC, Chicago, Philly. Seattle is mid-pack at best...not anywhere near as clean as Portland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City