Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most ethnically diverse?
Chicago Area 29 22.31%
DC Area 26 20.00%
Boston Area 11 8.46%
Bay Area 64 49.23%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:43 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,671,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightscape View Post
lol!

I can't decide if it's scarier that there's actually someone this delusional or that almost none of the other east coasters are calling him out on it. This guy's on durf's level smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 08:28 PM

54 posts, read 68,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
You realize that the Bay Area has the largest Afghan community outside of Afghanistan right? And that San Jose has more Vietnamese than any city outside of Vietnam? And that we have by far the largest pacific islander community on the mainland? And that we have the 2nd largest number of Indians in the country? I'm sure you didn't.

Your "all of our white people are regular white people" comment is one of the dumbest things I've heard today.
What does San Jose have to do with the Bay Area? San Francisco MSA only has around 50-60k Vietnamese, which isn't much more than DC MSA.

And DC MSA has more Indians than SF MSA. Where did you get the statistic that the "Bay Area" has the 2nd largest amount of Indians?

ANd I believe that Los Angeles has more Pacific Islanders on the mainland. I do believe that 50k is larger than 44k

Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 PM

36,623 posts, read 67,123,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePresident View Post
What does San Jose have to do with the Bay Area? San Francisco MSA only has around 50-60k Vietnamese, which isn't much more than DC MSA.

And DC MSA has more Indians than SF MSA. Where did you get the statistic that the "Bay Area" has the 2nd largest amount of Indians?

ANd I believe that Los Angeles has more Pacific Islanders on the mainland. I do believe that 50k is larger than 44k

Blah Blah Blah pollster31, get a life.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:07 PM

54 posts, read 68,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Blah Blah Blah pollster31, get a life.
For a guy so fond of statistics, you sure had such a great argument here.

Reported

Old 08-10-2011, 09:38 PM

36,623 posts, read 67,123,456 times
Quote:
For a guy so fond of statistics, you sure had such a great argument here.

Reported
Im still waiting for you to post more places that puts DC over the Bay Area.

*sound of crickets*

So far we're talking 966,000 vs 3.2 Million. Not even on the same planet.

This is getting boring.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 PM

381 posts, read 858,176 times
Quote:

Are you really questioning whether San Jose is in the Bay Area?

Old 08-10-2011, 09:43 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,665,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I can't decide if it's scarier that there's actually someone this delusional or that almost none of the other east coasters are calling him out on it. This guy's on durf's level smh

Well honestly I rarely check into these threads, clearly just to rub bay posters the wrong way. Without reading this I am guessing it is the usually EC pontificators and the Bay folks continue to fuel the pot

I will say these typically do get boring as the diversity in many EC cities is not best prtrayed by straight race or even origin stats sans DC which to me is the least like the rest of the EC cities. And except NYC the bay would be more diverse than the Boston or Phillys of the world though I do find the stats misleading on diversity as there are aspects not accounted for by pure numbers.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:51 PM

90 posts, read 206,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Well honestly I rarely check into these threads, clearly just to rub bay posters the wrong way. Without reading this I am guessing it is the usually EC pontificators and the Bay folks continue to fuel the pot

I will say these typically do get boring as the diversity in many EC cities is not best prtrayed by straight race or even origin stats sans DC which to me is the least like the rest of the EC cities. And except NYC the bay would be more diverse than the Boston or Phillys of the world though I do find the stats misleading on diversity as there are aspects not accounted for by pure numbers.
Okay. U should be a politician because I have no clue what u said but it sounds good.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:43 AM

11,054 posts, read 16,747,040 times
Quote:
I agree with Mysterious Region. DC is the most diverse with Chicago being a close 2nd.
... yes.

And I agree with 415_s2k: I am right, and so is he. *zzzzzsssshoooom* hear that? It's a vortex opening. Don't get too close to the edge!

Old 12-08-2011, 09:34 PM

171 posts, read 216,939 times
So is Boston pretty much a White city that has the minorities outside the heart of the city (downtown and nearby downtown), and then uses this as their claim that their city is diverse, when again, downtown/the city proper is pretty much majority White?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City