Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 05:14 PM

166 posts, read 376,271 times

Advertisements

I understand the hating on Downtown Phoenix it's underwhelming for a city its size however it has improved decently the last 2 years. The problem is it gets all its thunder stolen by Scottsdale, Tempe, and the Biltmore when it comes to vibrant areas. I still hope it becomes better someday tho.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:57 PM

345 posts, read 833,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley_1LOVE View Post
Lol what a negative post
I don't think anyone would wanna go to a place with the worst downtown so i assume you just wanna disrespect other cities

I'll share my thoughts though
Saint Paul, Minnesota's Downtown is not that great because its overshadowed by Minneapolis and the Skyway's ruin the typical "American Downtown Environment" However we have the light rail coming next year i believe which should help
Lowerton is actually pretty happening. But you are right, other than that, St. Paul can be dead. The skyways are so helpful, but they suck the life from the streetscape. I really hope the skyways can be a seasonal thing, open only in the winter. I know the residents would never approve but it would add to the "feel" of a downtown.

There are several plans in the making for new rail projects throughout the Twin Cities and most of them involve St. Paul Union Depot. This would add so much to downtown. I'm not sure how much the Central Corridor will add, it may spark an apartment boom though, which would be fantastic. What ever happened to the plans for the new St. Paul Saints stadium? Wasn't that supposed to be in downtown? That would add more nightlife and vibrancy to the area.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:09 PM

Location: Jefferson City 4 days a week, St. Louis 3 days a week
2,709 posts, read 5,094,499 times
I've never been that big a fan of downtown STL, solely for the reasons of the Arch being the tallest a building could get. Downtown STL needs more skyscrapers, and ones that are as tall or taller than the arch, and most off, needs the support of St. Louis County for it to satisfy me. It's not a small skyline, but it could definitely be bigger for a city its size.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:38 PM

16 posts, read 23,600 times
San Jose, Ca has the worst downtown by far! All the other downtowns are nice.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:09 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city animal View Post
San Jose, Ca has the worst downtown by far! All the other downtowns are nice.
Wow, new poster with 4 posts so far to talk down San Jose, CA.

City Animal? Are you related to City Dog?

Old 11-27-2011, 01:11 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Dog View Post
San Jose hands down by far! It's too small and has not much to offer. It's possible the worst downtown in the world. Other cities downtowns are fine if not great.
This looks like city animal's post. lol.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:06 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,492,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxontwinz View Post
Lowerton is actually pretty happening. But you are right, other than that, St. Paul can be dead. The skyways are so helpful, but they suck the life from the streetscape. I really hope the skyways can be a seasonal thing, open only in the winter. I know the residents would never approve but it would add to the "feel" of a downtown.

There are several plans in the making for new rail projects throughout the Twin Cities and most of them involve St. Paul Union Depot. This would add so much to downtown. I'm not sure how much the Central Corridor will add, it may spark an apartment boom though, which would be fantastic. What ever happened to the plans for the new St. Paul Saints stadium? Wasn't that supposed to be in downtown? That would add more nightlife and vibrancy to the area.
Yea Saint Paul needs more streetscape. I would love downtown to be more like Grand Avenue or Uptown Minneapolis. The Skyways are nice but it feels alot like a mall (i guess it pretty much is a mall)

I have no clue what happened to the Saints stadium plan, i'm guessing the new Lafayette bridge project may have shut it down because there switching up the ramps to get to 94 and it may have interfered with the proposed site.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Wow, new poster with 4 posts so far to talk down San Jose, CA.

City Animal? Are you related to City Dog?
No but we share the same opinions. I was in San Jose just last month, and I can vouch for City Dog. I've never met him. We probably are from the other end of the country.

Old 11-27-2011, 04:40 PM

San Jose is the worst downtown, period!

Old 11-27-2011, 07:45 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,297,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city animal View Post
No but we share the same opinions. I was in San Jose just last month, and I can vouch for City Dog. I've never met him. We probably are from the other end of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City