U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these cities has the biggest ego?
New York City 49 67.12%
Miami 9 12.33%
San Francisco 15 20.55%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 PM

1,335 posts, read 1,315,763 times

Advertisements

Vote for the city with the biggest ego... we're talking about ego in the negative sense, thinking too highly of oneself.

Last edited by Dub King; 08-11-2011 at 03:02 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 02:57 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,946,858 times
ny but it is justified. i hate a ny ego from someone who isn't even from ny and from people who have to say "new york" in every conversation they have. but a real ny ego from a real ny native who is just a hard#$$ doesn't bother me at all. as for san francisco, it has a majorly oversized ego.

i've never noticed a miami ego. they don't seem to boast much, they just seem to mind their own business in their own little world down there.

Last edited by CelticGermanicPride; 08-11-2011 at 03:08 PM..

Old 08-11-2011, 02:58 PM

5,441 posts, read 8,143,275 times
A whole city doesnn't have an ego. Some people from those cities, and on these fourms have egos though. This thread is silly, because I'm sure most homers will have a opinion... that states they have a great city. That being said, every city has an ego...and you can't specificly pick one of the three cities, because it would only be based off of what the people on these Fourms say!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM

12,391 posts, read 24,552,631 times
ego's that match up to reality? or ego's that are bigger than their city...?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Egos bigger than the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
ego's that match up to reality? or ego's that are bigger than their city...?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 PM

NY sells itself as 'a state of mind' and an 'attitude' which is ego in the positive sense - self confidence. Justified, too. Miami is incredibly egotistical on the whole, in the vain sense. Coke is a drug for egotistical people. SF is thought of as having a big ego by some, but San Franciscans think not, and I have come to agree that most of their self-esteem is justified in the same way New York's. Anyhow I wanted an answer between these choices, so that's the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
A whole city doesnn't have an ego. Some people from those cities, and on these fourms have egos though. This thread is silly, because I'm sure most homers will have a opinion... that states they have a great city. That being said, every city has an ego...and you can't specificly pick one of the three cities, because it would only be based off of what the people on these Fourms say!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:38 PM

292 posts, read 591,291 times
New York will always be the best, biggest, and most authentic ego. Miami is not as good as LA so I am not sure why anyone in Miami would be so cocky. Lots of Miami people are from New York and the Northeast anyway. SF is a joke. They are not even the best city on the west coast. Vancouver and Los Angeles are the two best cities on the west coast. Seattle is better than SF in a lot of ways. Also, the East Coast is just so much bigger and better than the west coast. West Coast people all have an inferiority complex towards the East Coast. Especially towards New York. People who live in San Francisco and Seattle have a fake arrogance. Deep down they are insecure while suffering from an inferiority complex. New York arrogance and ego is the real deal. Not fake and wanna be like SF. New York and Los Angeles are the 2 top dogs here in the US. NY is by far #1 and LA is a distant #2. Big difference between real ego and fake wanna be ego.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:22 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,744,391 times
Miami should have -10 votes. Who brags about Miami? Sure there are SELF-Egotistical people in Miami, but not many people brag about Miami the city it's self. I've met a girl from SF, she was down to earth, and the only way I knew she was from SF was because I actually asked. Now, NYC? Sure some people think the ego is justified, and are fascinated by it, but if you're not enamored with the city's image(IE: Didn't care for Empire State Of Mind and basically got sick of it), then you'd have another opinion point of view of that NY ego, and you get treated like an out-cast(especially here on the east-coast).

Old 08-11-2011, 04:30 PM

Just a little joke here folks. Vote Miami, because King James lives there now. Get it, 'Biggest Ego'.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:00 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,744,391 times
I will say this about NY, they have an AWESOME Alternative Rock scene going on. Post-Punk/Garage Revival of sorts. Loud and Aggressive. Well done Hipsters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City