Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:39 PM

403 posts, read 1,394,151 times

Advertisements

Honolulu, SF, Alaska, parts of LA , san diego, parts of phoenix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 02:02 PM

47 posts, read 132,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Well let's see. Here's what you said.

And you also said...

To which I responded by pointing out that downtown Denver is flat, no water and not many trees (Which is true)and even named the various hills in Seattle. And you suggest that to be a disparaging remark. Which of course makes no sense.

And for pointing out the truth as well as your mistake you suggest that I need to grow up?
Also I never said that Denver wasn't flat in the way you view it, and again not everyone thinks water is beautiful, again dude that's you thinking you're opinions are facts (get it?). Which again makes no sense. And yes there are a good amount of trees but that doesn't matter because it's all opinions. You're cocky arrogant attitude is not needed.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:36 PM

726 posts, read 2,147,479 times
I vote Denver. 2nd place Boston

Old 01-15-2010, 02:45 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,606,090 times
Honolulu is easily the most gorgeous major city IMO, but how about it's smaller cousin, Hilo on the big island? Hard to overlook with Mauna Kea in the background, it's cozy store fronts, and Hilo bay, though it's relatively small by the rest of the USA's standards, it's the 2nd biggest metro area in the state of HI. I absolutely love Hilo.

http://www.physics.mq.edu.au/%7Elmoore/Hawaii/MaunaKeaFromHilo.jpg (broken link)http://www.downtownhilo.com/Portals/0/Gallery/Album/1/furneaux1.jpg (broken link)http://www.downtownhilo.com/Portals/0/Gallery/Album/1/wailuku_river3.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-15-2010, 08:56 AM

1,707 posts, read 2,983,429 times
Seattle

Old 01-15-2010, 04:18 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,974,208 times
I live in Denver, and I'm a bit surprised that so many people name it as "most beautiful city in the country." Honestly, it's not even the most beautiful city in Colorado. Not even the most beautiful on the front range of Colorado. That would be Colorado Springs. Or Boulder. Even Fort Collins and Longmont are more beautiful. If you count small mountain Cities like Aspen, Vail, Telluride, Steamboat, Durango... well you get the picture.

Of course, compared against other major cities in the country, then perhaps it's in the top 10. But even there, I'd have to agree with other posters that the west coast cities like SF and Portland are more beautiful IF all you count is the parts within city limits. Plus, Denver (and Colorado) don't have water of any sort so that's a missing element. If you count Denver's Rocky Mountain backyard, say, within a 50 miles of the city, I don't think there's many cities that can match that. No other major city has the continental divide in its backyard like Denver does. But in Denver itself, it's a little bit too far away from its mountain backdrop to make the upper cut.

Not that I don't like the city, don't get me wrong. Lots of people move to more photogenic Colorado cities, (i.e., Colorado Springs, Boulder) and then figure out that Denver has a lot more to offer than those cities in other departments. But on sheer photogenic value within city limits, Denver isn't the best.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:35 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawg64 View Post
Also I never said that Denver wasn't flat in the way you view it,
So let's see, Denver isn't flat and Seattle is? This is pretty funny.

Quote:
and again not everyone thinks water is beautiful,
LOLOLOL That's some funny stuff right there.

Quote:
again dude that's you thinking you're opinions are facts (get it?).
I said Seattle isn't flat and named the hills within the City. And you suggest that I'm offering opinions?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:15 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,959,790 times
Seattle and Honolulu, followed by Boston, Portland, San Diego, and Pittsburgh

Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,239,602 times
Default I think San Francisco is truely beautiful

Old 01-22-2010, 10:57 AM

68 posts, read 187,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-town 720 View Post
RE: awsomo 2000

Denver is like KC? Wow how terribly ignorant...

I live downtown and can see the snowy white mountains as we speak.

Dever is practically identical to KC w/out the mountains. Granted, Denver is definitely better
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City