U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 07:39 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,526,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

I think any major program like UT, Bama, Florida, Ohio St., USC, Notre Dame, and etc. expects to win. UT may show it in a different way, but it doesn't mean they suck as fans.
This is a thread about who has the "best" fans. I don't think the city of Austin sucks but the enthusiasm of the fans sucks. Austin is very much a college town but the passion of the fans is much different. Go east to college station or north to norman, and the fans are completely different. Out of the 3 teams I just listed, personally I probably like UT the best. However, I don't think the fan base is the best. Out of the schools you listed, I find the fans at Bama and UF much more passionate. Maybe it's because there is less to do in Tuscaloosa than there is an Austin. I don't know and don't really care. But for this thread, I think Austin is a little bit overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,070,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Well that'll happen when the team has the worst winning percentage since 1988. Tough, tough year for the Horns last year...wouldn't expect it to last long.
Well, actually UT had a worse winning percentage in 1997, when UCLA beat them 66-3 in Austin (UT was 4-7 that year, vs. 5-7 last year).

I hope UT joins the Pac 12. UCLA needs all the easy W's we can get, we have sucked lately....

But yeah, UT has WAY too much talent to be down for too long.

Sorry, but I am SO ready for college football to start.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,012,571 times
Omaha is huge. We have hosted the College World Series for the past 61 years and are under contract through 2035. Omaha built a $131 million stadium with the main tenant being the CWS(that is unimaginable in other cities.)

Omaha holds the 3 highest NCAA volleyball attendance marks including the largest crowd to watch a volleyball match in America. Omaha hosts NCAA basketball first and second round games. Omaha hosted the 2010 NCAA wrestling championships.

Omaha supports Creighton basketball making it the 22nd highest attended basketball team in the country, impressive for a Missouri Valley team with less than 8K students. Omaha also supports it college hockey program the 5th most attended in the country.

Not to mention the tens of thousands that drive from Omaha to Lincoln to continue the sellout streak that was started in 1962.

All in all Omaha needs to be right near the top of this discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City