U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:27 PM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times

Advertisements

After visiting the US, the ones I have the fondest memories of are New Orleans, Boston and, oddly enough, Los Angeles. They just seemed to stand out as the most unique/with the coolest vibes. In LA it was more neighbourhoods like Little Tokyo, Venice or Pasadena or Los Feliz/Griffith Observatory that I miss, as well as Downtown (especially Olvera Street), rather than Hollywood or West Hollywood even though those were cool. I didn't care much for Hollywood Blvd itself. Like Vegas it was one big tourist trap. New Orleans had a vibe I found nowhere else, of course, and I could imagine it being more like Havanna than Minneapolis. It just felt like another world. New York was awesome but oddly enough I don't miss it as much. I think after about 9 days I'd already had my fill of the Big Apple and the crowds. Brooklyn was interesting, though. Boston had really nice architecture and a nice/gardenlike feel to it and it would be the kind of place I'd feel at home in. Kind of like England I'd imagine. What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 10:36 PM

635 posts, read 1,279,328 times
Atlanta, Georgia
Providence, Rhode island
Newport, Rhode island
Savannah, Georgia
Los Angeles, California
Chico, California
Chattanooga, Tennessee

Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 PM

14,151 posts, read 19,763,005 times
I have never been, but I have some problem because I am very fond of Seattle.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:22 AM

15,470 posts, read 25,417,065 times
NEW ORLEANS for me. I've been there 3 times total, twice for Mardi Gras and have some amazing memories there. I love that city and it just has so much character and soul to me.

San Diego as well since I really enjoyed living there and miss it a lot now.

Honolulu as well since I've been going there since I was 5 and love that place.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 AM

211 posts, read 351,724 times
I have very fond memories of the summer I spent working with my uncle in Philly. I was introduced to cheesesteaks, some good people and it was my first experience living away from my immediate family for over a few weeks. I felt all independent at 19.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:54 AM

4,576 posts, read 7,881,525 times
Glen Ellyn, IL.

It was and still is the suburban dream.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 AM

721 posts, read 1,573,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Glen Ellyn, IL.

It was and still is the suburban dream.

Really? Glen Ellyn? All the way from Sacramento?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:22 AM

614 posts, read 1,251,052 times
I have many fond memories of summer vacations visiting family in Honolulu. Ill accompany some with personal photos.
-Sitting by the side of the road eating a plate of garlic shrimp from Giovannis shrimp truck.

-Shaved Ice/Azuki bowls from Waiolas

-Driving to Kailua beach to lay out and do nothing and be completely happy

-Having a plate lunch at the Rainbow Drive In

-Walk down Kalakaua at night to people watch

-Hanging out on the lanai and enjoying the view

Last edited by Nightscape; 08-18-2011 at 04:33 AM..

Old 08-18-2011, 05:02 AM

24,683 posts, read 45,384,878 times
^ Beautiful pics, Nightscape, makes me want to go to Hawaii even more!

Old 08-18-2011, 05:58 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,534,823 times
By far, the city I feel the most nostalgia over is Boston. Growing up, my family visited Boston SO many times. Even thought I've never lived in Boston, I feel very much at home there because of all the great memories there.

I am very nostalgic towards Chattanooga, TN. We went there when I was very little, and it's one of my earliest memories. Definitely my earliest memory of a trip. I don't remember much about the town itself but I remember the hotel we stayed at. We stayed at this hotel that had this awesome ball pit/swimming pool hybrid. I remember having so much fun there.

During college, I lived abroad in Paris and Buenos Aires during college, so I'm very nostalgic towards that city as well.

I lived in San Francisco and Chicago, so I'm nostalgic towards them. Lots of friends and memories in both cities.

Last edited by jayp1188; 08-18-2011 at 06:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or