Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Miami, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, or Philadelphia?
New York City 97 36.33%
Los Angeles 67 25.09%
Chicago 84 31.46%
Miami 55 20.60%
Philadelphia 51 19.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:45 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,699,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Miami is established. What's so unestablished about Miami?
You cannot be serious. Compared to the older cities of NY, Philly and Chicago, Miami is relatively new to the scene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
You cannot be serious. Compared to the older cities of NY, Philly and Chicago, Miami is relatively new to the scene.
I see your point.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:52 PM

635 posts, read 1,534,064 times
Thanks for posting these! If you can't tell, I'm not very familiar with East Coast transportation with the exception of NYC.

The reason I asked the question and stated it the way I did, is because L.A. is notorious for it's sprawl and traffic jams while I hear similar things about Miami.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBletch-PortlandOR View Post
IMO New York is the greenest city in America. It has the lowest automobile to public transportation ratio in the country (something like 70% of the city's population do not drive cars and rely on public transit, LA was about 30%) Many other factors play into it of course, but as far as dependence on fuel, NY is as green as they come.

File:USCommutePatterns2006.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks!

Old 09-13-2011, 11:54 PM

9 posts, read 13,775 times
New York by far the other 4 aren't even in the same stratosphere. The only cities I could ever live in are New York, San Francisco, Boston, & Washington.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
But it is still established in a sense. It has a reputation as beach/tourist/cruise ship destination; the Gateway to America.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:45 AM

1,335 posts, read 1,650,047 times
Pseudologia fantastica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Philly bro View Post
Cholo man are you referring to me? You're the real durfus.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:39 PM

61 posts, read 77,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
I never been to Philly, would like to go one day though. But I don't think EVERY major city is better and more exciting. You got some cities that people hardly even hear about like Toledo, Bham, Oklahoma City, Albuquerque, Wichita, Lincoln. Phoenix has a terrible downtown for it's size. Even LA's downtown should be better for a city with almost 4 million. Philly clearly has it's problems but hopefully Philly is getting better and not worse.
I hear you, bro, I'm just talking about my hometown and being very disappointed with it for being too small for its size. Man I just wish we another highrise construction boom downtown mainly office towers this time. This town really lets me down!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM

3,671 posts, read 5,839,605 times
Quote:
I hear you, bro, I'm just talking about my hometown and being very disappointed with it for being too small for its size. Man I just wish we another highrise construction boom downtown mainly office towers this time. This town really lets me down!
It should be something you all can do to make it a better city. But Philly is a unique city even though it has problems it has great things about it. As far as highrises and stuff go... I have no idea why they build highrises where they do and they don't in other places. Like Miami has more than enough for it's size but they keep building more. Maybe people should promote downtown more, all I can think of.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:57 PM

9,331 posts, read 9,182,777 times
Quote:
Philly ain't all that. Any major city is better than Philly. Man, our downtown is pathetic for the city of its size and the neighborhoods are in shamble. The economy sucks here. NY LA and others are most likely better off. Remember, I feel this is a loser city with head in the sand. New York Chicago and Los Angeles and Miami too are so so lucky with much more exciting and much more going on. A lot of people I grew up with in Philly are down on this city.
You are obviously not from south Philadelphia, because no one from south philly would say that about their city. They may give a little criticism, but its based on their love for the city, you are just bashing the city for no good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinStrong313 View Post
It should be something you all can do to make it a better city. But Philly is a unique city even though it has problems it has great things about it. As far as highrises and stuff go... I have no idea why they build highrises where they do and they don't in other places. Like Miami has more than enough for it's size but they keep building more. Maybe people should promote downtown more, all I can think of.
Philadelphia needs to introduce more large companies into the city in order for new high-rises to be built. The suburbs have the city beat when it comes to large scale companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City