Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:36 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
The freeways are practically brand-new. All of them are in fantastic condition.

They can be a pain on the west loop.
you should avoid the west loop at all costs. Especially near 59.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 10:43 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
you should avoid the west loop at all costs. Especially near 59.
I lived right there. Can't help it. Just as bad as the 45/288/59 junction downtown. I have to drive that to and from work near Reliant.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:44 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,891,217 times
...well this is a different topic.

I've lived all my life in Texas and I've only been to Georgia (Atlanta) once.

I would say they're pretty much the same, but I've driven on the Katy Freeway. NOTHING beats it. Throw in the fact that Dallas AND Fort Worth have the same thing in plans and are now being built, and Texas is the clear winner. Although I-35 is our "Main Street" and it's pretty crappy....

Old 08-20-2011, 11:37 AM

635 posts, read 1,509,184 times
I will go with GA no question, Texas has more, got it y'all are a huge state, but in terms of quality GA hands down, they rebuild interstates continuously and expand and expand all roads in GA I have never been on roads or interstates as smooth, and that is unbiased as I can be because my wife from la who has been to every state in the contiguous u.s. Has never seen nicer roads and she admits this coming from Chino hills, CA. Really no question the roads are better in terms of quality, however Texas interstates seem to be more convenient/easily accessible, and numerous. Example: Albany and Augusta. Albany is the largest city in georgia that does not have interstate access. Augusta is too far from the interstate, you can easily pass it up if you don't know where it is our aren't paying attention, no real hey look thats a city while driving through and it's the second largest in Georgia. Anyways thats my opinion, if someone wants to comment without being an ******* I don't feel like arguing today.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:51 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
I will go with GA no question, Texas has more, got it y'all are a huge state, but in terms of quality GA hands down, they rebuild interstates continuously and expand and expand all roads in GA I have never been on roads or interstates as smooth, and that is unbiased as I can be because my wife from la who has been to every state in the contiguous u.s. Has never seen nicer roads and she admits this coming from Chino hills, CA. Really no question the roads are better in terms of quality, however Texas interstates seem to be more convenient/easily accessible, and numerous. Example: Albany and Augusta. Albany is the largest city in georgia that does not have interstate access. Augusta is too far from the interstate, you can easily pass it up if you don't know where it is our aren't paying attention, no real hey look thats a city while driving through and it's the second largest in Georgia. Anyways thats my opinion, if someone wants to comment without being an ******* I don't feel like arguing today.
I don't remember exactly how I-285 and I-85 were, and I've driven on I-20, just not in GA, but how do they compare to the Katy Freeway, the Sam Houston Beltway, and US 59 (a highway that is much much better than many of the country's interstates).

I heard LA freeways were in worse shape, not being a good benchmark to compare to TX and GA, but I've never been to LA.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:52 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
I-75 in Georgia is now six lanes from Tennessee to Florida. I-35 in Texas is still four lanes in many areas.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:54 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,727,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizurko View Post
Albany is the largest city in georgia that does not have interstate access.
False. It's Athens. In fact, Athens is the largest city in the South without direct Interstate access.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:38 PM

635 posts, read 1,509,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
False. It's Athens. In fact, Athens is the largest city in the South without direct Interstate access.
okay, thank you, my statement was wrong, sorry. Point is Georgia Interstates need to be located in a way that our largest cities, other than Atlanta, can easily access the interstates. That way growth can be encouraged and performed easier.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:33 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,943,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
You think so???

The frontage roads are sooooo user friendly tho. It is hard to seriously f up your trip in Houston because you just take the next exit and loop around on the frontage road. Soooooooo idiot proof. Then again there are some very ingenious idiots
I delt with them in Dallas, maybe that was the problem.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:41 PM

1,064 posts, read 1,903,140 times
Texas has a wonderful way of spending without getting broke,unlike georgia state is in a criss with funding.They may have some descent interstates but nothing compare to texas to me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City