Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,451,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is all those veggies and fruit that you see on the Southern women
The problem with all those veggies and fruit is that they're often deep-fried.

Quote:
People I have met from the North have the worst looking skin I have ever seen. Maybe it is all that pollution. Things like that do make a difference.
Between this and the above comment of all the super-healthy Southern women, I feel like you're caught up in some odd story about stereotypes. I love the South and spent some awesome years at college in the fine state of South Carolina....but you've got a horribly fractured view on both the diet of the average Southern woman and how polluted the Northern part of the country is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
SoCal and Florida

Old 06-09-2012, 11:27 AM

102,192 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Latinas like Penelope Cruz, Salma Hayek, Catherine Zeta-Jones know how to wear makeup!
Cath Zeta-Jones is Welsh. Actresses have their make-up professionally applied, or they learn how from professionals.

When I look at magazines that have photos comparing women with and without make-up, I often think that in the "before" photos, the women look a lot more approachable, warmer personality-wise, and more genuine than in the "after" photos. I suppose it depends on what one values in people, what kind of qualities.

I'd say the West Coast from northern CA up through Seattle tends to be more make-up free. It's not a hard-and-fast rule, but probably there's a higher percentage of women without makeup than in some other parts of the country. The California beach culture and surfer culture is all about natural looks. When the Beach Boys sang "I wish they all could be California girls", they were singing about naturally beautiful women.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,034,272 times
^ Lol I used to think CZJ was Latina too!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:14 AM

24,096 posts, read 32,443,737 times
Georgia, South Carolina and Texas.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:28 PM

637 posts, read 1,026,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984vt View Post
New Jersey.
I second that, New Joisy

Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,736 times
i have been very fascinated for a long time with women who wear a lot of makeup because it does look very good on a woman(depending on her skill level.) I live out here in CA where you will find a lot of women out here have a very high skill level when it comes to makeup. when i was younger i was not that inerested because i assumed this is what women do, but as i got older i started to notice women wearing a lot of makeup more and more. A lot of women out here in CA are no less than brilliant when it comes to applying makeup and one of the things that really impresses me is how the colors often match her clothing,but i notice the key is her foundation. if a woman knows what she is doing with her foundation, she usually has a very high skill level at applying her makeup also.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,272,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I have seen a few posts where women are criticized for wearing too much makeup. In particular, I have read that women in Southern states pour on the makeup.

I am pro-makeup myself. I think that women look a lot better with it than without. Some women can get away with the natural look, but many others look downright scary.

Since I am so attracted to the artificial look I would like to know which states have the highest makeup/cosmetics use. My guess is Texas is #1. I base that on visits to the Lonestar state as well as women I know who are Texas natives. Plus the fact that Texas is Southern and has a large Hispanic population. Latinas love makeup. I once read an article that said Hispanic women by far buy the most makeup per capita compared to any other ethnic group. I am pro-immigration because I love seeing all the pretty Hispanic ladies who wear lot's of makeup.

If Southern women do in fact wear the most makeup which states or regions have the least makeup use? I would guess anywhere that's really politically correct and/or any city with a high concentration of lesbians.
There can only be one victor, and that one is NEW JERSEY.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 PM

1,574 posts, read 5,115,048 times
Southern states...SW states...Great Plain states...Ohio & Indiana..high ratio women wearing alot of makeup

The South is where all the beauty pageants reign supreme- it's embedded in the feminine culture there, transcending race.

West Coast and NE states- lesser ratio of women wearing alot of makeup

Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 AM

229 posts, read 584,972 times
Some of us don't like to wear a lot of makeup because it's filled with toxic crap that poisons our body. Do some research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City